-DAvo's Aurion

-DAvo

ok first up, please please excuse the shocking photos, plus dirty car.. was in too much of a rush to set up a proper shoot, and the weather here in Perth was utterly c.Rap today :(

but.. without further delay, here are some pics of the new wheels.. also note that i have removed the aurion badging on the side doors..

... will update this again when i set up a proper shoot and maybe with some more mods ;) ;)

hope you like it

:)

enjoy

4514364926_93b5b02259_b.jpg

4513724873_7caf973e6b_b.jpg

4513724983_1f7997ee78_b.jpg

4514365300_7164d42b75_b.jpg

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been waiting for this day to come and now i will have to wait another day :(

Mine will be a while away yet. Im still in the process of wearing down the factory ones.

you best get out there, do some skids, and get the new wheels and tyres on! :P

Very nice, is that a 215/55 tyre? just wondering why you didnt go 45 or 225/45

I always said pics dont do justice to Kappa rims but you've just proven me wrong :)

Nice wheels and tyres. Yes you will need more shots

you best get out there, do some skids, and get the new wheels and tyres on! :P

Looking at that first picture, i think there seems to be some tyre marks on the ground...It's a matter of do as i do.

Looks sweet mate. It's a double win. Good looking wheels, plus great grip.

Agree, very good grip with those tyres!

Edited by u54mot

i swear those tyre marks were there when i got there... honest! i wouldnt be skidding on the adrenalins anyway.... too much grip :P

thanks for all the comments, i've just been out driving all night, loving the grip in the wet! only time i got wheel skid was coming out from an intersection which had wet sand thrown onto it from the rain we got today, other than that, these tyres grip!! very very happy with my choice, both with wheel size/design and tyres...

juvenile - i did want to go for 225/50 but there was a massive price difference and i dont think i would of felt the difference (apart from financially) for the way i drive.. :P

Daryl, dont they make the re001's in your size? i hear you been spending crazy money on tyres recently :S

U54mot - thanks for your kind words, and also for all your advice thru my PM's regarding tyre size and selection :) you car was one of the main reasons i decided to go for the Kappa's (along with Daryl's)

yeah? weather shields??

hrmmm yeah i still am a bit undecided about those for now... i kinda like the slimline look of the car at the moment... will see how it looks once the other mods are on. hopefully by the end of this week!! :)

thanks for all your comments guys!

Lee - when you getting your baby back? bet you must miss it.. :(

yeah? weather shields??

hrmmm yeah i still am a bit undecided about those for now... i kinda like the slimline look of the car at the moment... will see how it looks once the other mods are on. hopefully by the end of this week!! :)

thanks for all your comments guys!

Lee - when you getting your baby back? bet you must miss it.. :(

Hey Davo,she should be ready by late friday if not monday,the panelshop is closed on weekends :( ...and my wheels are ready i just haven't picked em up yet. :D

and yeah mate i miss her heaps,even the missus is sick of the Hilux,i picked her up from work the other day and all her work girlfriends were waiting with her,she was a little embarassed when one of the girls asked if this was our new car. :lol:

They look great Davo...congrats mate :clap:

btw it needs a set of slimline w/shields IMO ;)

+1. It looks naked without them.

+1

Nicely done there.. With the items arriving very soon, those should transform your car.

Package arrived at work today :P thanks heaps to Vick for organising this!

still have the ducktail spoiler which i am dropping off at the panel beaters tomorrow to get painted

enjoy! and again, apologies for the crap photos, winter has struck perth :(

post-13790-127124576696_thumb.jpg

post-13790-12712457777_thumb.jpg

post-13790-127124579132_thumb.jpg

still have the ducktail spoiler which i am dropping off at the panel beaters tomorrow to get painted

Awesome awesome awesome, love it man. Where did you get the grill from? How are the quality on these after markets? I'm really considering putting this on my car but if I dislike it it's going to be a waste of money.

Awesome awesome awesome, love it man. Where did you get the grill from? How are the quality on these after markets? I'm really considering putting this on my car but if I dislike it it's going to be a waste of money.

thanks mate :) i got the grill from the group buy... whicch sourced them from r style racing in thailand.

quality wise i was very suprised... the chrome grill feels really solid and has no visible defects... it acctually feels more solid than the original aurion sportivo grill i had on there previously!

id highly recommend it, im loving the look of the cars front now... love pulling up behind someone with a shiney paint panel at the lights now :P

thanks for the comments, will have the ducktail fitted after i get back from os, along with some more mods i have lined up! *evil grin*

thanks mate :) i got the grill from the group buy... whicch sourced them from r style racing in thailand.

quality wise i was very suprised... the chrome grill feels really solid and has no visible defects... it acctually feels more solid than the original aurion sportivo grill i had on there previously!

id highly recommend it, im loving the look of the cars front now... love pulling up behind someone with a shiney paint panel at the lights now :P

thanks for the comments, will have the ducktail fitted after i get back from os, along with some more mods i have lined up! *evil grin*

AH okay, cheers mate. Don't tell me you don't drive the car in bad weather? :lol:

AH okay, cheers mate. Don't tell me you don't drive the car in bad weather? :lol:

nah mate, shes my daily driver so she gets out there rain or no rain :P which is why i have to keep such a strict cleaning regime :P

hows your car going mate?? keeping her clean?? :) get some mods going!

nah mate, shes my daily driver so she gets out there rain or no rain :P which is why i have to keep such a strict cleaning regime :P

hows your car going mate?? keeping her clean?? :) get some mods going!

Haha, oh okay fair enough. Shes one clean ride for a daily.

Exterior is lacking in cleanliness as the weather in Melbourne is horrible during this time of year. Raining is on off constantly and the outside gets dirty too quick so I do not bother AS much. But will give it a clean if she needs it rain or no rain!

BUT, I did clean the inside today, I love the inside being clean. It must be immaculate like you keep your paint job :P.

Mods, on low funding its a bit hard to do anything to her(Already spent hundreds/thousands on my new phone, GPS and bluant). The main, very main thing I want to do is put in a system(Amp, sub like my old car, damn I miss that system, had built everything from scratch including the parcel shelf) with the LCD head unit.

So in the mean time its stalled completely for now.

Good luck with yours man :)

Edit: Should ask, where is this group buy, and how much was it?

Edited by unique

Grill is looking good...good to hear that the quality is up there....

now....aiy...the question is

to grill or not to grill...

:help:

Looking real good Davo.

Why did you have to post up pics of your grill? I haven't picked mine up from Vick yet because I am in the process of buying a house and if I rock up with it on then my wife will surely murder me for (what she considers) wasting money.

Well done mate!

Grill is looking good...good to hear that the quality is up there....

now....aiy...the question is

to grill or not to grill...

:help:

for your black aurion... i would say its more of a question of "why havent you grilled it yet!?!?" just take a look at VF-X's black with chrome grill... B)

Looking real good Davo.

Why did you have to post up pics of your grill? I haven't picked mine up from Vick yet because I am in the process of buying a house and if I rock up with it on then my wife will surely murder me for (what she considers) wasting money.

Well done mate!

hey jeff,

yeah sorry i was so amped about the quality and look of the grill i couldnt resists... plus as you probably have seen, im a camera whore so ill take any opportunity to snap a shot :P

im in the same situation, building at the moment but the missus is pretty understanding (lucky me!) she knows i have my own personal "slush fund" :P

Wow... Lookin good mate... Haha..Glad to level this beast up..

U54mot, I'm glad to show how it looks on a black car to you. Or I can just sell Jeff's one to you.. LOL!! Jkzz