-DAvo

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok so after a week of sitting in the sorching sun and getting smashed by all sortsa rubbish from the main highway my car is parked near by, i decided to give her the royal treatment yesterday.

(see attachments at the end of the thread)

then i went in hunt for a nice carpark to try out some "carpark" shots, and what would you know, those swedish dont only make awsome cheap furniture, they also have a nice big open car park for me to use! thanks IKEA!

4311955089_507c414ff1_b.jpg

4311955175_207d01bf37_b.jpg

4312691876_4ef203ce21_o.jpg

4312691812_6629beb83e_b.jpg

4312691650_0d4c7856a2_b.jpg

4312691478_f255c8b460_b.jpg

4311954485_ce9a90c8a6_b.jpg

please lemme know what you think, and which one you like best. im sorry for the mass photos, was a bit trigger freindly last night :P

post-13790-1264721782_thumb.jpg

post-13790-1264721794_thumb.jpg

post-13790-1264721803_thumb.jpg

post-13790-1264721812_thumb.jpg

post-13790-1264721825_thumb.jpg

Edited by -DAvo

sweet pics man... IKEA car parks are good, but you should go somewhere pitch black and try some long exposure shots with a light on the car... they seem to work a lot better than the lights in a car parks at night...

just a personal preference in photos though... :)

my fav one is this one:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...st&id=12205

sweet pics man... IKEA car parks are good, but you should go somewhere pitch black and try some long exposure shots with a light on the car... they seem to work a lot better than the lights in a car parks at night...

just a personal preference in photos though... :)

my fav one is this one:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...st&id=12205

Yeah ive been experimenting with light painting, with mixed results... ive got some remote flash triggers on order so maybe ill get the results im chasing with those... fingers crossed.

thanks for the comment dude :)

• 1 month later...

Sweet. You even made a wheel look completely hot by taking a good photo of it. Now I really want an SLR. Ahhh, so good to see a Kappa in great condition considering the last one I saw was split in two.

I bet you're getting impatient for the others.

Sweet. You even made a wheel look completely hot by taking a good photo of it. Now I really want an SLR. Ahhh, so good to see a Kappa in great condition considering the last one I saw was split in two.

I bet you're getting impatient for the others.

lol thanks daryl :)

yeah i am getting twitchy for the remaining three, but i have learnt that all good things come to those who wait :P im even more keen for the rubber! gonna be wrapping them in potenza adrenalins :)

yeah, my heart sank when i saw the pic of your poor aurion up on the truck bed... but up and onwards mate! :)

Go sit it next to your car :D

cant wait to see them on your car.

i will tomorrow, cars currently outta action for a few days, giving her a mother of a detail which will span over the next few days :)

i will tomorrow, cars currently outta action for a few days, giving her a mother of a detail which will span over the next few days :)

Any luck with the pic Davo, i rang the dealer today and x4 18x7.5 will cost me $1680 :( he said if i rang a few months ago i could have got them alot cheaper as there was a set sitting around that could have got a good deal on.

Any luck with the pic Davo, i rang the dealer today and x4 18x7.5 will cost me $1680 :( he said if i rang a few months ago i could have got them alot cheaper as there was a set sitting around that could have got a good deal on.

sorry been a bit lazy with the car still masked up.

i did photoshop a pic of what it will look like thou. minus the dirty tires (tsk tsk daryl!! :P jk )

post-13790-1268220446_thumb.jpg

... minus the dirty tires (tsk tsk daryl!! :P jk )

If you were doing a mountain run in the wet, I'm sure that:

1) You wouldn't want any tire shine near your tires, and

2) Your tires would look like that afterwards.

:P :lol:

... minus the dirty tires (tsk tsk daryl!! :P jk )

If you were doing a mountain run in the wet, I'm sure that:

1) You wouldn't want any tire shine near your tires, and

2) Your tires would look like that afterwards.

:P :lol:

point taken :P

remaining wheels are almost here!!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey mate, are these the same tyres:

http://www.carsales.com.au/Tig/UI/PagePopu...tsrc=allcarhome

How much were they? Are they genuine Toyota wheels and for the Aurion or were these originally for another car like TRD?

Edited by unique

How much were they? Are they genuine Toyota wheels and for the Aurion or were these originally for another car like TRD?

Yea mate, -DAvo said he picked em up from Toyota. So It's safe to assume it's Toyota genuine. I think this is optional. You'll have to pay extra for a set of these when buying a car off a dealer. If you're asking if the tyre is the same, I've no clue. If it's the rims u talkin about, It's exactly the same IMO.

Yea mate, -DAvo said he picked em up from Toyota. So It's safe to assume it's Toyota genuine. I think this is optional. You'll have to pay extra for a set of these when buying a car off a dealer. If you're asking if the tyre is the same, I've no clue. If it's the rims u talkin about, It's exactly the same IMO.

Cheers mate :)

not a major update, (but will be soon)

Just got back from the toyota dealerhsip, now have in my possesion all four Kappa rims. will be heading out to the tyre shop soon to book the wheels in to have rubber fitted :) Yay!

will be arranging another photoshoot after i get them on :)

stay tuned!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my Kappa rims fitted with some Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin tyres. and fitted onto my car.. LOVE THEM!!!!! tyres are very quiet and grippy.. it started to rain as soon as i was pulling out of the tyre shop, so the car is kidna dirty now. but will clean it up and get photos up asap!

loving the new wheels!!! yeeooow!

Pics or it didn't happen :lol:

Can't wait to see them mate. Good choice in tires as well. I wish I could put some of them on my TRD. I was so used to them.

Ive been waiting for this day to come and now i will have to wait another day :(

Mine will be a while away yet. Im still in the process of wearing down the factory ones.