-DAvo

• 1 month later...

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok so a few changes have been made since i last posted here!!!

first off.

click. tune. play!

4741739850_d84b971699_b.jpg

4741740326_f786c2375a_b.jpg

4741103887_6048c652ee_b.jpg

4741739686_10fa0806ff_b.jpg

4741103407_db4be6c573_b.jpg

4741739592_a8b44917ee_b.jpg

the coilovers totally transform the car!! going from the coil springs, to complete coilovers, the handling is MINT! i have it set halfway (15clicks) and it already feels like the car is on rails, while still being more comfortable than the spring/shock set up! cant wait to get out there later tonight to give it a good run to get a feel for the different settings. paired up with the front strut bar and rear sway bar (thanks to you know who ;) ) the car now feels crazy! hardly any noticable body roll, car doesnt lift or dip when applying the brakes/accelerating hard from standstill. car attitude is more level as well. very very very happy camper!!

will update with more feedback after i have given the car a good few drives!

also some minor things... colour coded the fron numberplate holder.. just sanded it back, 2 coats primer, and about 3 coats of white gloss.. then hit it with some ultimate compound and swirlx, then 3 layers of nxt 2.0

4741739954_1ef574e43b_b.jpg

also did interior footwell lights but will get photos later on...

for now.. im off to go driving!!!

Good stuff mate. I've been considering getting some Pedders Coilovers myself, but then I think 'is it really worth it?'. Not in the sense that yes they are great, but more along the lines of, what am I really going to use them on.

Good stuff mate. I've been considering getting some Pedders Coilovers myself, but then I think 'is it really worth it?'. Not in the sense that yes they are great, but more along the lines of, what am I really going to use them on.

thanks Daryl, however, i would of thought if anyone would of benefit out of coilovers, you would be the one... with your regular mountain runs (damn perth flatness)... reason i bought them was because i like the improvement in handling, looks, and also the tinkering side of it! :P i like not bottoming out on large dips on the road and reducing the "bounciness" of the car when only fitted with lowering springs...

chicken - thanks man, when we gonna see you back on the road!!? need to get a cruise going again once the weather warms up! hehe

Lee - Thanks buddy, i must say a massive thanks to you, as you answered all my niggling questions regarding these coilovers and made sure i didnt forget to purchase the longer adjusters for the rear coilovers!

pics of the new stance to come. not mjuch lower than what it previously was.. aboutr 3-4mm lower in total but the drop has "levelled" out the attitude of the car.. :)

24hrs later....hows the ride :D

mate, to say im blown away is a massive understatement!!!

have adjusted the settings a few times, i think im pretty close to how i want them for everyday driving (running closer to the soft settings at the moment)... have driven approximately 200km's on them so far (yeah i did a LOT of driving yesterday/lastnight/today)

so far my impressions are:

Pros:

. very very comfortable... i would hazard the statement that their MORE comfortable than my stock shocks with stock springs! (i believe i may have got a lemon set of shocks as from stock the car was pretty bouncy)

. handling is very much improved (or so i preceive). corners much flatter, no nose lift or dive under acceleration/braking, steering feels very nice and light. bouce is reduced a LOT due to the rebound dampening i think(?) as before when i hit a bump the car would "bounce" a few times before settling down again...

. noise is significantly reduced, both road noise, and noise i was getting previously from the pedders springs/stnd shock combo... previously, if i was to drive up or down a driveway with a sloped kerb, the car would make a "squeeking" noise as the shocks compressed.. again i attribute this to a set of lemon shocks from factory rather than the springs themselves. With the coilovers fitted the car is basically silent over the bumps and driveways.

cons so far:

. the rear adjusters, being longer, sometimes contact the bare metal of the rear boot (not yet dynamatted up to that area) this can be heard (when stereo is off) when going over roughish roads... will attach some felt as a temporary measure before i get the dynamat into that area.

. makes me drive a lot! so fuel is being consumed faster than normal!! :P

Thats good to hear mate. :)

as for the adjusters they should have drilled a hole or at least cut a slit in the boot lining and fed them thru,this was one of my concerns when i had mine fitted,don't stress mate just feed em thru yourself problems solved,when they 1st did mine they did exactly the same as yours and it rattled like a bugger so i asked them nicely to feed em thru the boot carpet,no more rattle. :)

Thats good to hear mate. :)

as for the adjusters they should have drilled a hole or at least cut a slit in the boot lining and fed them thru,this was one of my concerns when i had mine fitted,don't stress mate just feed em thru yourself problems solved,when they 1st did mine they did exactly the same as yours and it rattled like a bugger so i asked them nicely to feed em thru the boot carpet,no more rattle. :)

yeah ive stuck some felt on the metal bits and the part of the boot spring to stop the rattle for now. will thread it thru the boot lining on the weekend..

have adjusted it one more time for tonights drive... went for 8 clicks (from softest) front and will try 7 clicks (from softest) on the rear...

do you have different settings for the front to the rear? ive just been running the front and rear at the same settings, but will see how the different set up performs tonight..

Dave mate I told ya. Sooner or later you'd want coilies :whistling:

She's looking beaut atm :toast:

hehe i know i know :P

the improvement in handling has just fuelled my lust for more! :spiteful: plus i just got a promotion at work! woot!

have a few things in my mind but will post more about them as they eventuate..

• 3 weeks later...

couple of minor changes since last time i posted here..

got my chrome grille painted... left the outer edge chrome and had the rest done in a metallic gun metal...

4815762548_5eefae80d1_b.jpg

4815137031_fdb80fb8d2_b.jpg

also finally got some pics of the interior footwell lighting that i had done as well... they look blue in the photo but their really a 5000kish white colour...

4815764898_295eb4038d_b.jpg

4815766072_e63dc2d071_b.jpg

4815765510_92a38f5ea5_b.jpg

and then gave her a wash tonight with a layer of meguiars ultimate quik wax.... will be undergoing a pretty major mod in the next month or so, will have the first parts of it by tomorrow.. yay!

also showing the stance she now has... sitting lower than when she only had springs.. much nicer IMO..

4815763110_66c86c5ef6_b.jpg

4815139015_74bf54862a_b.jpg

4815141211_76840170de_b.jpg

Edited by -DAvo

very nice, and great shots! the height of the vehicle is looking good

can you post up a day time pic of the grille?...most of your pics are at night,don't you sleep. wink.gif

Agree

I think I see a spec of dust on the car mate :lol:

Loving the ride. Hands down the cleanest Aurion AT-X in the world?

edit: Just looked at the pictures again, I think a sunroof would make this car look hotttttt. :spiteful: :spiteful:

It would give it that extra bling B)

Edited by unique

Very nice Davo...nice birthday prez to yourself. :toast:

can you post up a day time pic of the grille?...most of your pics are at night,don't you sleep. ;)

thanks Lee, yeah i got it done a while ago just haven't had the motivation to go and take photos of it...

birthday pressie to myself is partly sitting in my garage atm.. still a few more parts yet to arrive...

and yeah i dont sleep much lol... will try and get some daytime shots, althou in my defence.. the pics of the coilovers earlier in my thread were taken during the day :P :P :P

unique - yeah it would definately, but it would also burn a nasty hole in my bank balance :P maybe later down the track when i really have nothing else i wanna do to the car :P plus from doing some research into it a while ago, the only place here in perth that does sunroofs offer 1 model only to fit the aurion.. and its not my taste (twin glassed sunroof)

• 2 weeks later...

OK. so here is a sneak peak into my next mod...

(yes i know the photo is taken at night time.. again! sorry lee :P )

4857393868_2222a87e40_b.jpg

i know that some on here may not hold the same feeling as i do about this mod, however, i did look into purchasing via overseas for a more "unique" look, but came to the conclusion that given the costs, and uncertainty of fitment, i could easily go for a geunie kit.. and ive always had a thing for the spotivo kits.. and even more so when mated with a ducktail spoiler!!!

just waiting on the side skirts now and then will be sending the kit off to the panel beaters and then later on for fitting. yeeew!

oh and other small mods ive had done in the mean time..

- had the rear bumper LED lights fitted.

- fitted some fresh philips 6000k bulbs into replace the exisiting bulbs... old bulbs will be moved into the fogs once i get another set of ballasts.

- fitted a cheaper "philips patent" hid kit 4300k into the high beams.. WOW talk about setting the bush on fire!!

Edited by -DAvo