-DAvo's Aurion

-DAvo

Exhaust looks good Dave, where did you get it done? Was it carline? I did mine my yaris one there awhile ago, had a Walker muffler which is a Lukey too. Loved the note on it when you let go of the pedal and it had a rubble to it or growl haha.

Did you order your K&N Filter from supercheap? Im looking for a cheap place to order one possibly.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Exhaust looks good Dave, where did you get it done? Was it carline? I did mine my yaris one there awhile ago, had a Walker muffler which is a Lukey too. Loved the note on it when you let go of the pedal and it had a rubble to it or growl haha.

Did you order your K&N Filter from supercheap? Im looking for a cheap place to order one possibly.

Thanks Rui,

yeah was done at carline ("custom exhaust's" i think they've renamed themselves) in OsbPark. Pretty happy with it, but will report back after ive done my 500km's with them :P

i ordered my K&N from AutoOne in Malaga.. but think im gunna go for the SRI, as i went for a drive in Lee (taffy) aurion with a SRI and similar exhaust set up and fell in loove!

• 1 month later...

so just went for a drive tonight and decided to take a few pictures...

recent additions:

roof spoiler, 10mm lower... few more changes coming after easter!

enjoy

5635245462_33964f526b_b.jpg

5634664721_a1068c3e85_b.jpg

5634664509_f6d8bacd82_b.jpg

5634664869_27c148a871_b.jpg

5634665123_6f750c6661_b.jpg

5635247294_b6f3c8b585_b.jpg

5634665679_eaf2f82116_b.jpg

thanks for looking, few changes on their way in the next few weeks.. ;)

Edited by -DAvo

:o... Every time you update your thread it just gets better! I love this Aurion :D It just looks sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good :clap: Loving the epic gloss too!! :D

:o... Every time you update your thread it just gets better! I love this Aurion :D It just looks sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good :clap: Loving the epic gloss too!! :D

thanks Tash, i credit the gloss to my new autoglym SRP/EGP regime.. that stuff pwns meguiars for durability... havent touched the paintwork in ages (apart from weekly washes)

thanks Tash, i credit the gloss to my new autoglym SRP/EGP regime.. that stuff pwns meguiars for durability... havent touched the paintwork in ages (apart from weekly washes)

I am definitely going to have to get more into the Autoglym product range then methinks.. :D What are the steps, wash, clay, SRP/EGP and then wax? Or is the EGP the wax? Must admit I know very little about the Autoglym range but love their bug remover and have also tried their wheel sealer/cleaner in a can with pretty good results.

I am definitely going to have to get more into the Autoglym product range then methinks.. :D What are the steps, wash, clay, SRP/EGP and then wax? Or is the EGP the wax? Must admit I know very little about the Autoglym range but love their bug remover and have also tried their wheel sealer/cleaner in a can with pretty good results.

Hi Tash,

You're correct in all accounts, apart from the extra wax step after EGP. EGP will act as your last layer of protection-and gloss enhancer. The SRP itself is acctually a one-step cleaner/protectant so even if you want to stop at the SRP you still get pretty good results with decent protection lifespan.. on par with goldclass plus id say. the EGP just makes the paint look that much wetter and lasts a lot lot longer.

if you're feeling OCD (silly question of me to ask, sheesh~!) you can even add in a isopropyl wipedown after you claybar ;)

Thanks for the comments everyone! Im pretty much done for outside mods on my car.. apart from sorting out the grille which will happen after easter. time to move onto more practical mods (and also saving for our wedding!)

:) :)

Hi Tash,

You're correct in all accounts, apart from the extra wax step after EGP. EGP will act as your last layer of protection-and gloss enhancer. The SRP itself is acctually a one-step cleaner/protectant so even if you want to stop at the SRP you still get pretty good results with decent protection lifespan.. on par with goldclass plus id say. the EGP just makes the paint look that much wetter and lasts a lot lot longer.

if you're feeling OCD (silly question of me to ask, sheesh~!) you can even add in a isopropyl wipedown after you claybar ;)

Thanks for the comments everyone! Im pretty much done for outside mods on my car.. apart from sorting out the grille which will happen after easter. time to move onto more practical mods (and also saving for our wedding!)

Ahh, very very clever then :D I'd definitely want to follow up with EGP then - especially if they are the results!! I like the idea of it being the last layer of protection but could you still layer it like you would with wax? Or would you not bother? Could you say use a normal meg's wax after the SRP and then put EGP on top of 2-3 layers of that?? Although if the EGP is lasting a lot longer it sounds like you don't need to layer it at all and could just maintain it by using something like Ultimate Quik Detailer/Quik Wax.

Lol, I am planning a pretty OCD car treatment soon, even going to hire one of those carpet steam cleaners and do all my upholstery :rolleyes: (still yet to find an interior upholstery cleaner that I like). I have never done an isopropyl wipedown before, what materials are needed to do that? Just the wipes or getting a product of it and applying with microfibre??

Congratulations on the wedding! :D Have you set a date yet? The outside of the car looks fantastic so definitely nowhere else to go there ;)

Hi Tash,

Ahh, very very clever then :D I'd definitely want to follow up with EGP then - especially if they are the results!! I like the idea of it being the last layer of protection but could you still layer it like you would with wax? Or would you not bother? Could you say use a normal meg's wax after the SRP and then put EGP on top of 2-3 layers of that?? Although if the EGP is lasting a lot longer it sounds like you don't need to layer it at all and could just maintain it by using something like Ultimate Quik Detailer/Quik Wax.

Lol, I am planning a pretty OCD car treatment soon, even going to hire one of those carpet steam cleaners and do all my upholstery :rolleyes: (still yet to find an interior upholstery cleaner that I like). I have never done an isopropyl wipedown before, what materials are needed to do that? Just the wipes or getting a product of it and applying with microfibre??

Congratulations on the wedding! :D Have you set a date yet? The outside of the car looks fantastic so definitely nowhere else to go there ;)

Hi Tash,

Thanks! yeah we have, March 25 2012 is the big day :)

just when i said theres nothing else to be done, some lady rear ended me today in her land cruiser :( so will be getting a rear end respray LOL oh well.. thats life and at least the damage isnt too bad! i will still keep up with my cleaning schdule even thou my car has a blemish on its bum :P

anyway to answer your question.. EGP is acctually ideal to "layer" as it does not contain any cleaning agents at all. so technically speaking, a 2nd layer will not eat into the existing layer.. i would however allow for the 24hr cure time to make sure the sealant is fully set up.

in terms of adding a 3rd party wax inbetween SRP and EGP.. TBH i would not recommend it. reason being you cant guarentee that the EGP will bond properly to the 3rd party wax.. in doing some in depth research in autoglym.. you see that SRP and EGP are acctually designed to work in conjunction with each other.. so the surface SRP leaves you with is ideal for EGP to bond with. helpiing prolong its durability... they dont even recommend topping EGP with their premium HD wax! If i were you i would do SRP, and 2 layers of EGP. that would yeid the best and longest lasting results.. i think going to 3 layers would prob yeild no difference compared to 2..

i have even stopped using Ultimate quik wax on a regular basis.. i mainly use it on my wheels now! but i will use it maybe once just the week before i reapply EGP..

as for the ISOPROPYL wipedown.. you can buy the stuff from bunnings in the paint section.. if you buy a 70% isopropyl solution you just apply it as you would a spray detailer... it comes in a spray bottle.. but i normally buy it in big industrial size containers (use it a fair bit at work) and fill up a smaller spray bottle. it basically acts to strip all existsing wax/polish from your car body.. bringing you back to clearcoat only.. this allows you to see all defects in the paint and give your new polish a fresh surface to work on that the claybar could not remove.

have fun with your mega clean! sounds like fun!! :)

Thanks so much Davo, answered all of my questions again perfectly - I am going to have to try both the SRP and EGP as well as the isopropyl, although I'm a bit scared about it showing up all the defects! :lol: I haven't actually used Quik Wax but I like the idea of using it on the wheels, you are full of tricks :)

Sucks big time about the rear blemish, my heart is broken for you :( All the best though in getting it fixed quickly, and I guess a full respray is a great way to get rid of any little defects you might have had :lol: :D

Wedding date is ace too, March is the best time of year by far :D

post-13790-0-01386800-1303389392_thumb.j

*sigh* oh well.. its not THAt bad.. iwas pretty dark about it earlier, but im at peace with it now. lucky insurance will take care of everything.. "luckkky you're with ammiiiii..." and as Tash mentioned, at least a respray on the rear will take out any minor defects i had.. (had a small blemish from my attempt at wetsanding orange peel away from the skiting)

Grrr, damn tow balls! <_< Glad you are at peace with it now, I would fully understand the initial anger - I get angry when I see other women walk past my car with those stupid handbags with buckles all over them lol Heheheh, even better to get rid of your own mistakes :lol:

Considering it was a Landcruiser that hit you, I reckon you were pretty lucky to only end up with that amount of damage...But anyway Davo, the car is looking absolutely sensational!! Great stuff mate! :D

• 1 month later...

Ok, so couple of small updates happening.

car came back from panel beaters after being rear ended by a landcruiser with a tow ball :S so i took the opportunity to do a mega detail.

5815189101_d390828a7c_b.jpg

IMG_8896 by DavidChaiPhotography, The main players for the paintwork detail, missing is the LSP which was AutoGlym Extra Gloss Protection.

5815188819_8cb9913294_b.jpg

IMG_8892 by DavidChaiPhotography, Super Resin Polish applied using my Mothers Wax Attack palm polisher with a Meguiars 8006 polishing pad

5815188559_231822f797_b.jpg

IMG_8890 by DavidChaiPhotography, While I had the car garaged for a few days, decided to remove the toyota emblem to prep it for painting!

5815755638_1dfc150f9b_b.jpg

IMG_8885 by DavidChaiPhotography, Mmmmm nice even application!

and now for the results!

5815755162_f769fc4caf_b.jpg

IMG_8904 by DavidChaiPhotography, went to my local toyota and picked up a rear "Aurion" badge, and decided to paint that as well as the badge.. note that it is not just gloss black.. we mixed up a lot of silver flake into the paint to go with the white/black/chrome theme of the car :)

5815754772_c01b2a73cc_b.jpg

IMG_8903 by DavidChaiPhotography, sparkle!

continued below...

5815186959_f2f98c2f52_b.jpg

IMG_8914 by DavidChaiPhotography,

5815754090_e7668cae20_b.jpg

IMG_8913 by DavidChaiPhotography,

5815185767_5e14180bfa_b.jpg

IMG_8935 by DavidChaiPhotography, rear LED replacements for the standard reflectors.. had these in for ages now but been too lazy to photo them.

5815752762_0324385ba2_b.jpg

IMG_8930 by DavidChaiPhotography, installed a brand new 6000k into my low beams so transferred my older philips kit into my fogs... now have 6000k fogs and low beams, and 4300k hi beams... 6 ballasts in total! :S

5815751970_1cb3d279be_b.jpg

IMG_8924 by DavidChaiPhotography, Also recently redid my Lexus style grille. left the chrome surrounds, but had the middle part of the grille painted flat black to match the skirting kit..

5815751102_342ac71c85_b.jpg

IMG_8918 by DavidChaiPhotography, love the fisheye :)

more below!

These pics were taken tonight after a quick wash with Megs Ultimate wash/wax, and a wipe down with AG rapid detailer.

5815750284_7234fa3698_b.jpg

IMG_8955 by DavidChaiPhotography, on Flickr

5815749780_83867c74b3_b.jpg

IMG_8954 by DavidChaiPhotography, POW!

5815180975_c208b13547_b.jpg

IMG_8950 by DavidChaiPhotography, on Flickr

Thanks for looking and please feel free to comment..

-DAvo's Aurion

.Pedders XA coilovers

.EQUUS 19x8 Geneva rim on 245/35

.Genuine Aurion Sportivo front and rear skirting kit, aftermarket ABS side skirts

.Lexus style chrome grille custom painted

.Roof Spoiler

.Bootlid spoiler

.Painted boot emblem and badge

.HID 6000k lo beam/fog light, 4300k hi beam

.LED ; Parkers/interior door/footwells/dome light/maplight/rear number plate/boot,bumper reflector LED

.Pioneer 4150DVD headunit, MB quart reference component speakers front, eclipse 3 way in rear shelf, Alpine s-type 12inch sub, Alpine mono block and 4 channel, a LOT of dynamat :P

.Lukey rear stainless mufflers with stainless angled tips

.K&N panel filter

.Ultra Racing front strut bar and rear sway bar

Edited by -DAvo