Hail Damage

1stKill

Hey guys....just driving home from doing a few things to the car and the sky was really black all of sudden bang huge hail the size of golf balls and bigger start pelting all of us on the road,i had nowhere to hide so the Aurion and i tried to ride it out huddled under a tree on the side of the road...anyway after the storm eased up we all got out and inspected the damage to our cars....my car is badly dented on all top panels roof/boot/bonnet,already rang Shannons and they are flat out with hail claims,but told me no probs getting it fixed.

I'm totally gutted atm it was already for sundays meet and now i'm not sure if we will be there at all. :(

man i feel sorry for you. i was inside watching it turn from a normal bright sunny day to dark. then it started hailing, dropped the wii remote and drove my car under the car port. i also slipped during that time because i couldnt find my keys lol, my windows were also opened because it was pretty hot earlier, but everything looks ok. so i guess im one of the lucky ones.

I tried to throw a blanket over the boot & bonnet and copped a smack in the head from a decent size piece of hail....

11w9gt5.jpg

i suppose i should have just stayed in the car,it didn't make any difference to the damage. :(

Ouch Lee. I feel sorry for your car... your head... well, that's another matter :lol:

But yeah, hope everything gets sorted out well. Hail stone dents I hear can be easy to remove though.

Ouch Lee. I feel sorry for your car... your head... well, that's another matter :lol:

But yeah, hope everything gets sorted out well. Hail stone dents I hear can be easy to remove though.

Hey Daryl,after what happen to your Aurion this prolly seems minor...and yeah i'm not worried about my ugly melon that was ruined from birth but my poor car,she looks like a tennager with a bad case of acne all pitted and sh!t. :( and the sound of it smashing into her almost produced man tears.

also Pezzie it was freakin scary being in the middle of it,glad you got yours tucked away in time. :)

ahhh lee thats terrible.....i was putting my cressida lip on and it cracked and i was a little ******, then at same time got a call from sister....windows at her house, gutters, both their cars..wrecked by hail in Rowville......my cracked lip all of a sudden felt very in significant.....

bloody hail

Sorry to hear that Lee.

I guess I just missed the best part of it having just arrived.

Car was in multi story car park and was told by cabbie that tulla was a little flooded earlier. I guess that's y my plane had to stay an extra hour in the air. Didn't bother me though. Hardly heard the announcement. Was snoozing.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:P :P :P :P :P

Had just washed my car the week before parking it for the whole week so was a little upset that I would be driving it in the rain. Guess it doesn't look as bad as yours now. Hope its all good. You should still be able to cruise unlike me. I'm just lazy in removing the semis <_<

Ouch on the head.. Ouch on the car.. I just bought myself a DIY tool from ebay to repair dent. I'll tell you how that go Lee. It's not even $50. Saw the vid, pretty cool.

Wow, that sucks man!! Can we get pics of the dents? We seen what an Aurion looks after an accident and now lets see how they look after some hail.

I was kind of ****** that it started raining really badly here in Melbourne, I spent 5 hours the other day detailing her only to be ruined in seconds from the rain.

If I had made it home like 10 minutes earlier she would have been in the garage without a drop of water on her.

I'm from the northern sub's so nothing here like hail, it was only heavy rain for like two minutes and stopped. Nothing exciting really happens in this part on Melbourne ;\.

Man...Lee, what a week. Really sorry to hear about this. Take really sucks.

After all the hard work and continuous effort you put into your car, that's gotta hurt. I know from seeing other people with bad hail damage, that cars can look as good as new afterwards.

All the best mate.

Damnn that weather was insane. Was driving to work through the CBD at around 2.45. Bit hot, seemed all good. grey skies. rocked up to work 15mins later..hail. stepped into work and cause i work in the lowerground level i didnt notice anything. stepped out to check it and saw all the flooding!!

st kilda roads and kings way traffic = worst

How frustrating.. ill check my car later.. i was in the midst of it all but i was under a tree.. so the impact of the hail wouldn't of been as bad if it came directly from the sky.

I thought my windscreen was going to shatter. From hail up to 3cm smashing my car.

Here are some shots while i was stuck in traffic for a good 3 hrs or so from princess fwy > Westgate fwy entrance.

004abs.jpg

003ny.jpg

002jjn.jpg

000hj.jpg

001pu.jpg

Sorry to hear that Lee, hope u can get the car fixed up soon. Damn, after what u have done, can imagine how painful it is when u hear the sound... not a good week for the Aurion Family.... :nono:

11w9gt5.jpg

i suppose i should have just stayed in the car,it didn't make any difference to the damage. :(

Sorry, but I just have to laugh at that egg :lol:

Sucks for your car though :( Hope insurance sorts it out for you.

I thought Guni was being soft when he was telling me about the storm yesterday!

lee, thats no good mate at least there will be no complaint in them fixing it. alot of guys on the colt forum where in the same boat and some of the pictures where insane. roofs with paint missing etc.

nice egg on your head too haha...crash hat goes on 1st next time before going out in the hail LOL

Thanks guys...looking at the pics now it dose seem kinda funny,the egg being so prominent and all :lol: but my poor car,she really copped it. :(

33ndez4.jpg

and when i got home my poor but very old outdoor umbrella got spanked,time to upgrade maybe something in kevlar.

be sorry to see this old thing go in the trash,enjoyed many good books under her shade. :P

I got caught in the city when it happened, went to South Warf DFO to pick up some friends from Shopping.. boy do I regret going, city was crazy, my friend was parked at crown which is like 2 minutes away and I didn't want to be a tight a#se and let her walk there, but it took me like 2 hours just to get there <_<

and another 3 hours to get out of the city onto footscray road, there was a 3 car pile up underneath the bridge just of footscray road citybound.. the road was covered in ice, my car also had trouble sticking to the road <_<

I hope its completely over