Kenshin's Rice Rocket

Kenshin X

or maybe somehting like this ?

http://vimeo.com/16240546

haha no thanks :)

but lee's suggestion on the takata green. i'll consider that :) see if my powdercoating client has that colour :)

http://minds-farm.blogspot.com/2009/08/350z-with-takata-green-te37s.html <<< takata green on black :wub:

a couple of the rims look badly scratched up... would you guys recommend to repair them? and how much would i be looking at to repair em?

Awesome build, well balanced build. I see this car around town a fair bit, huge fan. Great to see you took her to track!

really? i don't roll in doncaster often jules... ;) might be another car you're talking about... its red and has levin rims :P :P :P

a couple of the rims look badly scratched up... would you guys recommend to repair them? and how much would i be looking at to repair em?

you can repair them. a very reputable replace is Neway Wheel repairs in Heidelberg, and their work is top notch.

you can repair them. a very reputable replace is Neway Wheel repairs in Heidelberg, and their work is top notch.

great! i'll give them a call later... how about in western suburbs area? ;)

BTW, you have PM dude :)

hey guys, i'm going to powder coat the ROHs a different colour and i was thinking which one to go... thanks to Dutchie_101 (SORRY I GOT IT MIXED U BEFORE!) who PS'ed the colours on my stock rims for me to have an idea of how they would look on the car...

White

Duywhite.jpg

Black

Duymattblk.jpg

Bronze

Duybronze.jpg

Lighter Red

Duyred.jpg

Darker Red

DuyDKRed.jpg

Focus RS Green

Duygreen.jpg

IMO: the green and the lighter red are the winners for me... but more so leaning towards the green... Ken Block colour LOL :P

thanks again ;)

P.S. remember these are for the track only, so doens't matter if the colour looks gay, its all about bringing attention! ;) (though i have to run the tyres in for a few hundred kilometres on the public roads so i hope i don't bring any UNWANTED attention... <_<)

Does anyone know if its illegal to have bright coloured rims on the public roads?

Unless you go white or red and then respray your brake calipers bronze/gold, then that would be sweet.

Green looks more better if its for track only. Leave the center caps off duy, the rims will look a tad bit bigger without them.

as for legality purposes, i don't think it is illegal. There heaps of rice boys out there running around with 18" chuncky plated chromies that can be blinding at different angles on a sunny day. If it was illegal, I would assume they would be the first to go.

Unless you go white or red and then respray your brake calipers bronze/gold, then that would be sweet.

Green looks more better if its for track only. Leave the center caps off duy, the rims will look a tad bit bigger without them.

as for legality purposes, i don't think it is illegal. There heaps of rice boys out there running around with 18" chuncky plated chromies that can be blinding at different angles on a sunny day. If it was illegal, I would assume they would be the first to go.

yeah the ROHs have a huge centre cap that looks real ugly, so i'll be keeping those off the rims ;)

yeah i think green is the go as its only for the track, but i'm gonna put up with "oh thats the gay guy with the green rims" for a month or two :P

lauren says go the lighter red... :lol: but shes chinese and the all like red :D

hey guys, i just test fitted my rims on one more time and i found that there is a gap between the centre hub and the inside of the rim... will this be a problem and me needing a center hub for the rim? the back of the rim sits nice and flush to the rotor and the lug nuts fit snug...

here is a picture... cheers :)

CopyofIMG_1209.jpg

Prob best to get some hub-centric rings. They will reduce the load on the studs, especially if your tracking it.

yep, rang ROH wheels today and he dude reckons he can send the set to me for 15 bucks. :toast:

i asked him for the more durable ones... he said he has plastic and aluminium ones. he hasn't got back to me yet but hopefully he will by the end of the day :)

Good stuff with the wheels; you'll be fine without the hub rings. I know I should, but never have ran with hubcentric rings. Everything from my Enkei's, Rondell's, TOM'S and AXIS wheels. Powdercoat them black I'd say.

Good stuff with the wheels; you'll be fine without the hub rings. I know I should, but never have ran with hubcentric rings. Everything from my Enkei's, Rondell's, TOM'S and AXIS wheels. Powdercoat them black I'd say.

haha thanks mate. i've already got a set of the hubcentric rings from ROH in cambellfield yesteday for 10 bucks :lol:

i actually would like green... :lol: i'm still waiting on the guys to make samples so i can choose my green shade...

most toyotas, stivos AE82 and AE92 are designed as lugcentric, as in for the wheel to be perfectly balanced you let the studs do the lining up ie. tighten in correct order and it will pull in how it needs to. As far as hub rings helping out re. taking the weight i dont think that is really a factor as the 4 studs carry all the weight and are "bedded" in propoerly as you tightened them up in the correct order....just need to ensure you have the tapered nuts so it pulls in square.

when you get the tyres and rim balanced ask for a lugcentric balance using the "fingers" that go through the stud holes, no point balancing the rim the standard way from the central hub as on the toyotas the central hub isnt the deciding factor when mounting the rims onto car...hence lug centric.

in saying that i have two hub rings on the fronts and none on the back as i was missing one....so just decided on two...

i wouldnt be worried not running them.

thanks for clearing that up simon :) since i got this hub rings i'll just whack them on for peace of mind ;)

anyways... these were the shades of green to choose from...

From left. Parakeet Green, RA3108 (something like that, a jotun green standard green), and Mistletoe Green

IMG_1221.jpg

And singly placed each colour... (i know its not a good place to put it but yeah...)

IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1222.jpg

I chose the middle green (RA3108), mrs was with me and she gave the approval too... :D

tried to get it close to ken blocks rim colour as possible :lol:

ken-blocks-gymkhana-three-ford-fiesta.jpg

getting these in my hands tomorrow so i can fit my current tyres on these rims and give them abit of a thrash and head turns the next day... and just in time for our saturday MEET! maybe i should hold off the pictures for the DSLR pros on saturday! :lol: :P

Last green, Duy

are you powder coating them?

I wanna know how much they'd charge per rim, let me know k..

btw is that your foot in them photos :lol:

I like your shoe hahahaha! joking :lol:

Last green, Duy

are you powder coating them?

I wanna know how much they'd charge per rim, let me know k..

btw is that your foot in them photos :lol:

I like your shoe hahahaha! joking :lol:

yeah i was juggling between the last and middle green but lauren told me to go with the first green i chose, that was the middle one, so i went with that... :lol:

the people doing it for me are called "mansutti bros." tottenham pde, tottenham. they did for me 60 bucks for each rim, sandblasting included + GST. fairly cheap and they are damn quick, i handed them in on tuesday and i'll be getting them done by tomorrow, 3 days :yahoo: ;)