Kenshin's Rice Rocket

Kenshin X

yesterday johnnieboi and i checked out the rear skirt to find that there were a few pieces missing. compared it to dyslexik's car and took photos of the parts that are missing. also the side skirt wasn't sitting flush with the panels and the door guard on the passenger side was stuck on 15mm lower than the drivers side. :(

brought it back to the panel place and they got a bit ****ty with me but they said they will fix it up. With the rear skirt missing pieces i said to him:

"if you find the parts, give them to me and i'll fit it on the car myself"

he refused and took on the responsibility to fix it.

"i was like ok whatever man. i don't care if you hold the car for 3 or 4 days. as long as everything is 100%"

i hope they do find it otherwise there will be a bit of swearing and cursing on their side...

lower mounting brackets were missing as well as the insulation foam and the speed nuts/clips. today was meant to get my car back but they said tomorrow. they've stuck sika flex 227 on it and they fabricated "metal" brackets to suit the rear skirt to replace the orginal ones. if they fit ok then it will be even better as the genuine ones are plastic. i'll make sure they sweat beads tomorrow as i'm going to check every mutha fuqn panels they've sprayed and fixed. i'm NOT going there to fix little ****ty things again

Ok so i got my car back yday and i checked everything on the car to make sure everything was smick. Wasnt perfect but it would have to do. I still wasnt happy with the passenger guard mould so i decided to fix it myself.

As i was peeling it slowly from the door, i realised that

1. The idiot stuck sika flex behind it in 5 places.

2. He reused the old door mould when he said ye was going to give me a new one.

Anyways, i took off the mould n tried to clean off the cured sikaflex as much as possible. Tried to stick it back with only doubled sided tape but it came off after 2 hours. :angry:

So off to bunnings to get 3M tape heavy duty tape to stick this mould on... Still havent got it but wondering if its enough for sticking this thing on exteriorly...

Updates soon...

Hehe nah i resorted to the sikaflex again. But this time i used masking tape to hold it on the outside. Dried in the sunlight in a few hours and took off the tape the morning after! Looks pretty much like oem now. ;)

finally my car is back how i want it now. Just need to detail it before my life changes forever

update

went to change my brake pads today as they were WAY OVERDUE. was meant to get them done last wednesday but the panel beater guys didn't do their job right the first time. so had to push it back to this week. one thing i regret. here's why...

Rearleft rim = normal brake dust

DSC01567.jpg

Rearright rim = normal brake dust + metal shavings + rust shaving's from the rotor

DSC01568.jpg

Still don't know what happened? look at these pictures then...

overview of brake pads + rotors

DSC01560.jpg

left (inner) brake pad

DSC01561.jpg

u can see the difference between the left and right rotor. see the lip on the left one. u can see the rotor has been eaten through with metal to metal contact with the pads :(

DSC01564.jpg

better pic maybe?

DSC01566.jpg

the left inner pad worn almost to the metal backing too...

DSC01563.jpg

yes... only after 1 week of VERY CONSERVATIVE driving, i ate into my rotors all the way to the minimum thickness allowed (8.00mm). the original thickness is 9.00mm

with a mesuring tool i got these measurements before and after the trd black pads were used.

Rear-left = 8.25mm -> 8.20mm

Rear-right = 8.30mm -> 8.02mm

so in actual fact after 3 track days and 1 year of driving (40,000kms) of using these TRD blacks the difference was only 0.05mm. Which is damn good considering the abuse and hard driving these brakes have endured.

i regret not having to change them sooner as i would have gotten at least 2 sets of TRD blacks on these rotors before warranting a change over to new ones :( so a job that would have costed me 120 bucks costed me 280 bucks instead -_- whats worse is that i only knew something was really wrong when the rear right started making metal on metal noise. and from the outside the brakes looked very normal. i should have took the wheel off and checked inside as well. -_-

anyways, new RDA non-slotted are in now and i will guarantee that these rotors will last me more than 10 years provided the trd blacks will be still available each time.

moral of the story? stop driving ur car and check ur brakes in case they are completely worn out. it will save u ALOT of coin.

kenshin out

Damn man! Still better you found out now then later! Now I'm thinking I should check mine! :blink:

P.s. good to see you got OH&S covered (gloves). :P

Damn man! Still better you found out now then later! Now I'm thinking I should check mine! :blink:

P.s. good to see you got OH&S covered (gloves). :P

Yeah lol those r 2 yr old gloves im looking for new ones! :))

Yours will be fine pete. When my car was in repairs the engineer told me to change my rears as they were getting low. I was like "yep yep whatever" :P

And when the noises started happening, i thought it was the shims until it got REALLY BAD n then i thought OK better drive conservatively. Little did i know they didnt have wear indicators were already metal to metal as u can see! :(

Oh wells the upside is that the rda + trd black pads i go on atm are so damn quiet! Maybe its not a bad thing that i got the rotors changed after all! I did remember the trds on the oems were quite noisey at one stage. Glad thats all been sorted now! :)

Nice work! Don't worry I've already munched through 3 sets of front slotted rotors. Race pads = money money! Back to my trusty HP-X's now. If you want more braking power, look into slotted rotors, they'll take more of your pads but are worth it when you begin shaving time at Winton

• 2 weeks later...

fresh new updates!!!

1) 3K foggies (thanks to dyslexik)

2011-04-28160251.jpg

they are a bit glarey so i will refrain from using them unless its really foggy :) plus the low beam HIDs are flicking off so need to change these lights asap. very dangerous while hitting lift at night and one of the lights turn off! Initial D styles! Ggg.gif

2) buddy club BRs have come in yesterday!

2011-04-29132059.jpg

2011-04-29132111.jpg

picked these bad boys up from OTR and they will be going in tomorrow at pedders in south melbourne. thinking of going back to 4WD height to let them settle in for 1000+ kms.

3) last not definately not the least...

My new interior mods!

2011-04-29092007.jpg

and...

2011-04-29092017.jpg

Yes my wife just gave birth to a boy: Aaron, 2.78kgs 49.5cm tall and healthy and a hungry little monster! 27th of April 2011 at 2.28am Heh.gif

now off to sleep... Yawn.gif

Kenshin out

Looking good at the JDMST meet bro! same with the other stivos

u were there??? or did u just look at the pictures? hehe

Just saw the pics on JDMST dude, wish I was there though! TOYTRD is wow :o

and congrats on the baby!

Edited by clifton

Congrats Duy! Now the baby is put does this mean your coming to track next week? Lol

Nice coilovers, if u set the bcs to full soft it's like ur not driving on coilovers, baby and coilovers go well in this case lol

thanks folks.

BC coils in all their glory

2011-04-30083931.jpg

2011-04-30092440.jpg

2011-04-30102451.jpg

Default ride height fronts 5kgs on 32mm and rears 4kgs on 22mm

2011-04-30094121.jpg

ride height looked abit lower than my superlows. no good so we raised it up 20mm

2011-04-30103215.jpg

dampers were set on 24 for every corner from factory so i put them all on 0 for the first 300 kms or week of driving so the springs settle. back on next saturday to finalise the settings for daily drive. the drive from pedders to home was very comfortable. also i did realise that the coils dont rebound as much as the stock shocks. braking is also much easier than it was with stockies . win win for me :yahoo:

Congrats again! :P Start to teach the bub how to drive! Gotta teach them young these days; one day he might beat you around Winton.. :toast: :toast:

Congrats again! :P Start to teach the bub how to drive! Gotta teach them young these days; one day he might beat you around Winton.. :toast: :toast:

he already got clutch kick and johnnieboi has witnessed it already! :lol: