2011 Aurion - what news?

Aloysius

Looking to upgrade my 2007 Presara - call to local agent says wait to early next year, a significant upgrade is on the way.

Any indicators known?

direct injection engine maybe i had a little conversation with the lexus guy becoz i like the new is350 n being a toyota nut i asked when is toyota getting direct injection he said poss next year but it wont be like the is350 as its both direct and port injected i went ooh

Hi Aloysius,

I picked up my new 2010 Presara (MY Sept 2010) a week ago today. While shopping around for the Presara, and doing my own research, I was told (by various dealer principals and fleet consultants) that there are no changes (shape, mechanical or spec wise) to MY 2011 Presaras. I was very clear to the dealers/sales guys that I simply didn't want to buy a 2010 plated Presara, only to have a facelifted or new series model pop up a month later to replace the current model.

Having said that, I have heard from various sources that we in Oz are getting an updated Aurion range sometime in the 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2012. It may possibly be within the 1st qtr but this is dependent on reasons which weren't detailed to me. I'm presuming that if sales of the current model tank, then they'll fast track the rollout of the new model?

There's also word (rumours? Can someone else please confirm?) that the 2012/2013 Presaras will be getting bi xenons, adaptive cruise control, power folding side mirrors and integrated Toyota TPMS. Furthermore, auto window wind up & moonroof closing/securing will apparently be added to central locking when the alarm is armed.

It would be nice if powered pedal adjustment is also included and made part of seating memory settings too. I haven't heard anything about this feature being made available, even rumour wise.

Looking to upgrade my 2007 Presara - call to local agent says wait to early next year, a significant upgrade is on the way.

Any indicators known?

this may possibly happen sooner.

The reason why they might release the new aurion earlier is because of holdens 210kw engine. Plus the fact that toyota has experienced issues selling the facelift aurions. Most smart buyers are just buying the 2nd hand aurions because their cheaper and there practically the same car to the new aurions.

Hopefully Toyota releases an aurion with more power and better handling.....we can only dream until that happens. :rolleyes:

Aloysius they might be releasing new deals out with more extras...who knows. But if you can get further info that is always helpful.

Edited by Armstrong

I doubt it would be a rear wheel drive, seeing the history of Camrys, we will never see a 210kw rear wheel drive Aurion(camry everywhere else).

Anyway, please don't argue about RWD FWD. lol.

I really do hope they bring out a new Aurion. That means the current facelift ones will drop in price :yahoo:

I doubt it would be a rear wheel drive, seeing the history of Camrys, we will never see a 210kw rear wheel drive Aurion(camry everywhere else).

I really do hope they bring out a new Aurion. That means the current facelift ones will drop in price :yahoo:

FWIW, I would gladly forego an extra 10KW if it means squeezing an extra 50 - 100Nm of torque out of the engine..... that would be schweeeeeeet! :)

FWIW, I would gladly forego an extra 10KW if it means squeezing an extra 50 - 100Nm of torque out of the engine..... that would be schweeeeeeet! :)

i am sure a custom tune or something is possible if money isnt a concern. But still even with the current aurion we got nothing to worry about, as the 210kw commodore is heavier...meaning its still aurion FTW. If a new model is released it would be funny if it turned me off the pre-face lift that i love.

my dream aurion would be one that has plenty of torque down low and RWD, that's all i want.

however, 'rumours' say that the new model won't have a direct injection engine, which seems strange as the current model's engine is sourced from the Lexus 'RX' range. in my opinion, the new model should have it to compete with Ford and Holden.

my dream aurion would be one that has plenty of torque down low and RWD, that's all i want.

however, 'rumours' say that the new model won't have a direct injection engine, which seems strange as the current model's engine is sourced from the Lexus 'RX' range. in my opinion, the new model should have it to compete with Ford and Holden.

Heh Heh.... you sure you wouldn't want a dash/rotary switch for traction control? Perhaps with the following settings :- "OFF", "Standard", "Nanna Mode", "Drift", "SMOKE'EM UP".

Cheers!!

Sean

Lexus IS350!

If only my Aurion could do 0-100km/hr in 5.6s!

Mine comes fairly close :P

But the more I keep seeing that IS350 commercial... the more I want it.

Lexus IS350!

Lexus IS350!

Do it downhill! :D :lol:

which seems strange as the current model's engine is sourced from the Lexus 'RX' range.

I always cringe inside when I read these statements. The GR (and all of it's variants) are Toyota engines (Toyota and Lexus are the same company anyway), including the direct-injection models. They appeared in Toyota models several years before they first came out in any Lexus, so the perceived impression that they are "Lexus engines" is complete crap.

Wo!! :clap:

Thanks for the feedback team, I am impressed but somewhat confused by the different takes on 2011.

Maybe the answer is as expressed above - go get a later Presara (mine 2007)and continue to enjoy a fine car until the new one arrives

Thanks again.

Lexus IS350!

But the more I keep seeing that IS350 commercial... the more I want it.

Can someone please post a link to the IS350 commercial, thanks.

I wish lexus would atleast vary the look of their cars. They all pretty much look the same, IS250, IS350, ISF, only very minor details are different, and under the hood, but say a non car nut would be clueless! :whistling:

The reason why they might release the new aurion earlier is because of holdens 210kw engine. Plus the fact that toyota has experienced issues selling the facelift aurions. Most smart buyers are just buying the 2nd hand aurions because their cheaper and there practically the same car to the new aurions.

As far as facelifts go , it was a rather lazy one. Mostly extrerior changes.

If Toyota expects to compete against the top selling Commodore with the Aurion , they need to smarten up their act.

Direct injection (like the Commodore has) would probably improve fuel economy even further.

They could also improve the dashboard.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a new model Camry coming next year, globally.

Aurion will be later (not 2011).

this may possibly happen sooner.

Please see this article from GoAuto, 8th paragraph:

"Toyotas new-model assault will begin next year with a major facelift of the HiLux, but will hit top gear in the third quarter of 2011 with the introduction of all-new versions of two of its volume-selling staples - the Camry mid-sizer and Yaris light-car - followed in 2012 by the new-generation Aurion V6, Camry Hybrid and Corolla small car."

I hate to say 'I told you so' ... so I won't.

Edited by 450HP/tonne