2011/12 Toyota Aurion

moggillsx6

aurio_600-600x400.jpg

DAFUQ IS THIS?!?!?!?

Much prefer the previous Aurion over this! This new Aurion is looking like that fugley Corolla sedan now :(.

I was expecting something great to counteract the design of the new Camry but the entire Toyota sedan range is now wtf.

Like seriously, when a new model comes out I'm like OMGOMGOMG I need to have the newer one! but if I had an older Aurion, I'd hold onto that for sure.

I must admit, the above speedometer is cool!

Yeah that’s her, better picture than the ones i have here too lol! So the layout is the same it’s just the colours and where said colours are put that are different. Also note the green instantaneous fuel consumption bars that run along the side of the average consumption dials.

I only just paid attention to this now. What the heck did they do to the bonnet?

aurio_600-600x400.jpg

.... and that mini grill thing. What a mess.

LOL tried to replicate the IS-F's Bonnet?

Interesting!

I like the fact that the blind spot monitor and auto lock at speed is now available.

Would've been nice to also have adaptive cruise, SDHC card slots and auto close of windows/moon roof via key fob or smart arm.

What I'm not sure about is there's no mention of bi-xenon headlights although there's auto high beam function. Hmmmmmm...

Oh.. and DRLs or angel eyes might've been good too.

As for exterior shape... meh... so so in my opinion. Not really for or against.

Definitely on my shortlist when the current lease is up!

Interesting!

I like the fact that the blind spot monitor and auto lock at speed is now available.

Would've been nice to also have adaptive cruise, SDHC card slots and auto close of windows/moon roof via key fob or smart arm.

What I'm not sure about is there's no mention of bi-xenon headlights although there's auto high beam function. Hmmmmmm...

Both Presara and ZR6 have Xennon HID with AFS. Aurion will never have bi-Xennon..why? the high and low beams are seperate lamps :blink: I believe that radar guided cruise along with the return of LED rear lamps will make a showing in the update. :toast:

Interesting!

Both Presara and ZR6 have Xennon HID with AFS. Aurion will never have bi-Xennon..why? the high and low beams are seperate lamps :blink: I believe that radar guided cruise along with the return of LED rear lamps will make a showing in the update. :toast:

Whoops, sorry Adamsy, my bad! :blush:

I should've been a bit more clear in what I meant.

I meant that there was no mention of DUAL HID head lights, i.e. HID low beams and separate HID highs.

Bi-xenons would've meant that both high & lows would be in the same head light, which would mean a radical re-design of the front assemblies etc.

Edited by Beep Beep

I only just paid attention to this now. What the heck did they do to the bonnet?

aurio_600-600x400.jpg

.... and that mini grill thing. What a mess.

LOL tried to replicate the IS-F's Bonnet?

Lexus IS-F? No, more like Aurion WT-F. :P

I went into toyota today and got a brochure, this car has alot of nice features, pretty much the same as my BMW 7series :blink: And i like the look of the exterior and interior. Great value for $$$ i reckon

Interesting!

Whoops, sorry Adamsy, my bad! :blush:

I should've been a bit more clear in what I meant.

I meant that there was no mention of DUAL HID head lights, i.e. HID low beams and separate HID highs.

Bi-xenons would've meant that both high & lows would be in the same head light, which would mean a radical re-design of the front assemblies etc.

Oh my bad haha nahh she’s just the HB3 high beam globes and HID low's. Yeah would need a bit of a rework and to be honest i don’t think anybody would find Aurion's headlamp performance poor? When you have all Fog's lows and high beam especially is you have a few HID's in there i would rate as pretty good?

60/40 split fold rear seats instead of fixed rear seats

I think this definitely an improvement and a bonus.

The lack of fold down seats in the previous model is a significant drawback of me as I can't fit my pushbike in the boot (after taking off the front wheel) and the

lockable ski port is almost pointless/useless unless you have something long and skinny to load in the boot.

By the way, why did they make the ski port lockable anyway?

The woodgrain trim is mehhhhhhhh.

The ultimate test will be how the car looks on the road.

Edited by prometheus

The idea is because you can lock the boot with the key (which then locks out the boot release lever), if the ski hatch was not able to be locked, it would defeat the purpose of locking the boot in the first place. Provided you were locking it to secure something smaller enough to fit through the ski hatch.

This is definitely one generation of Aurion I would have to make a pass on. In this case however, if I absolutely had to get one, I would get a non-Sportivo. Less is more when it comes to the styling of this model.

But if I was in the market for a new car of the Toyota variety, I'd be moving to a Lexus. The new ES350 looks way more appealing:

Yeah im much the same. If i was to go with another Aurion i think i would maybe lean towards the Presara instead of ZR6 but like DJKOR i sugguest i will more than likely give GSV50 a miss and either jump in a 4WD (HIilux SR5 or Prado) the new 86 or an IS350 F-Sport.

This is definitely one generation of Aurion I would have to make a pass on. In this case however, if I absolutely had to get one, I would get a non-Sportivo. Less is more when it comes to the styling of this model.

I'm usually not a fan of base models, but the new AT-X is quite nice (personal preference over the Sportivo exteriors) and the Presara is even better. The front end looks Lexus inspired, uninspiring back though - looks like it reversed into a wall and it's all flattened out?

60/40 split fold rear seats instead of fixed rear seats

So whoever you've bundled in the boot won't escape.... Toyota has really taken on board the gangsta responses to their product improvement surveys. :P

I agree, a locable ski port is counter intuitive and seems pointless. I mean, when do you REALLY need to actually lock it? FFS if you're worried people might steal stuff from your boot, I think they're more likely to break into your car first and rummage through the cabin. Besides, once they're in the cabin, Lockable ski port or not, all they gots to do is pull the lever to pop the trunk.

Boot security EPIC fail, IMHO.

Edited by Beep Beep

The idea is because you can lock the boot with the key (which then locks out the boot release lever), if the ski hatch was not able to be locked, it would defeat the purpose of locking the boot in the first place. Provided you were locking it to secure something smaller enough to fit through the ski hatch.

Ah... This, I did not know. I would bet money that quite a number of Aurion owners wouldn't know that if you lock the boot with the key, the boot release lever won't work.

I still won't be testing this feature out though.... the damn mini key in the keyfob is small enough as it is without me needing to fumble around and inserting it into some small hole. You know, big hands and all.

The ski-port would be lockable for the reason that split-fold seats are lockable, and the glovebox - so that there are parts of the car where things can be securely stored without being accessible unless you have the right key. This is the purpose of valet keys - they can unlock the doors and start the car, but they won't open the glovebox or boot. In the Soarer for instance (which doesn't have a ski-port OR split-fold seats, since the fuel tank is in the way), there is a button on the dash with a lock built in to it - push the button and the boot locks and can't be unlocked unless you put the master key into the button and unlock it - the valet key won't work, no key will open the boot manually and neither will the boot release lever. One of the advantages of having an electric boot release rather than a cable.

Seriously loving the new Aurion. I dunno, it's very much something I'd want. I think I'm more attracted to the features than anything lol. I'd like to see Holden or Ford top that for base models. Plus everything has been refined in the car like sound deadening etc. They definitely would have fixed a lot up and IMO is a decent step up from all previous models.

I'd straight swap the trd for the new zr6!!

Too bad the TRD is not even worth the same value as the AT-X.

yeah unfortunately, hows yours going?

I'd straight swap the trd for the new zr6!!

Are you serious? The TRD should be taken from you and replace with an old Ford Festiva for that comment.

haha so what if i want the new zr6 i like the looks and features. Don't get me wrong the TRD is one hell of a car but its not really performance and if i want a performance car i'd go something else.