2011/12 Toyota Aurion

moggillsx6

I'd straight swap the trd for the new zr6!!

Are you serious? The TRD should be taken from you and replace with an old Ford Festiva for that comment.

Lmao! If I already HAD a trd no way would I sell up BUT if I had the choice right now to pick a TRD or new zr6 I'd go zr6.

Edited by Silver-Aurion

OKKKKKK so here's my thoughts thus far between Atara and Aurion's interior.. Presara's seats are ok I’d say about the same as 40 series Sportivo in comfort support but defiantly Atara SX and Aurion Sportivo's Leather "Sports buckets" are much better in every way seat colour inserts aside which you love or hate i like them as it breaks the cabin up a little. But overall i much prefer the way Atara's centre console and dash looks. it almost looks as if Toyota has had to find places to make Aurion's look different.. Sportivo's looks a little better as there isn’t the massive strips of faux wood trim on the console and dash (i actually don’t mind the slim strip with the silver capping in Atara SL though) and i like the flared section as it meet the centre console with the shifter is just looks classier over all and more "Lexus like" that the "slab sided" Aurion cockpit although fit and finish and materials are in another league to 40 series. Aurion’s is nice i do like it but i do think Atara's is classier and better looking? However Aurion’s actual dash cluster is really nice tonnes of information and gadgets i do quite like that and it’s very slimier to that of Hybrid Camry but also gains a few extra gizmos.

With the events relating to the Altona Toyota plant in the last few weeks, I wonder if it might be prudent to be wary of buying a car coming out of the factory in the next few months?

Nice comparison there. Does a good job at showing just how different the styling is. That damn lower spoiler section certainly stands out doesn't it.

I took some pics of the new ZR6 and Prodigy we have down at our PD centre but i cant post them up till i get around to renewing my TOC Support status as you cant upload easily with out it haha. Stand by! :)

Saw one of these, actually two today at the local dealer. A blue SX6 and a White presara.

First impressions are that it has a much smaller stance (same as the camry) than the GVS40R. Obviously to do with the "refined" styling. Which honestly I think has gone backwards.

Sportivo looks horrid. Don't know what they were thinking when they designed the back. Maybe that the GVS40R wasnt interesting enough? now they have just gone nuts and ruined it.

The woodgrain in the Presara looked beyond fake. Could get better looking woodgrain on a $10 flatpack coffee table from Sams warehouse. And apart from that, it had no flare whatsoever (which is something i always liked about the GVS40R, even the facelift. Always had that sense that it was a luxury vehicle)

Not keen :(

First impressions are that it has a much smaller stance (same as the camry) than the GVS40R.

This is my thought exactly. Even though it is not smaller, the design of it makes it look smaller. That much so, if you don't compare it to the cars directly around it, you would think it is a Corolla sedan. I guess there is nothing wrong with it when it's just how it looks, but it just gives an impression that it isn't much of a family sedan.

Lol Seems there may not be too many current Aurion owners go for a seconf bite of the cherry then? i personally prefer GSV40 Sportivo but actually prefer GSV50 Prodigy and Presara. must have something to do with the ES350 look about it.

yeah the wood grain is ummm yeah.. i dont mind it in Atara SL but its way over kill in Presara. Proidgy largely escapes the wood grain though. has Sportivo center console and armrest withjust the dash done in "wood trim".

Was kicking about in the Presara today and wow it doesn’t take long for you to realise how much more grown up, quiet and refined the 50 series is. Just feels like quality. New NVH package is a highlight. Interior feels great although i still prefer the looks of Atara's inside but everything is at your finger tips. Can defiantly see the push to the "Luxury" side of things there trying to make with this new car.