2011/12 Toyota Aurion

moggillsx6

I'm a fool? who painted there 1 pot calipers red?? and wrote TRD on a ""FWD""" Non TRD??

Hello!!!

yeah your right FWD is so much better than RWD and AWD.

especiall around corners and with over 250KW!

but hey if you want to upsell FWD be my guesst,

Yeah you truly are the reason why it can be justified that you should need a licence (and a brain) to write on forums such as these. For your information since clearly you’re not big on research my car is equipped with the TRD brake package it’s not simply the standard PBR package painted red. It also has braided brake lines and High boiling point TRD brake fluid. Also before i had the full coil overs fitted i ran TRD suspension from America. You do actually know what TRD is don’t you? Or are you another hero who thinks it's a HSV/FPV equivalent? Well it's not it's nothing more than an aftermarket parts supplier to Toyota.

Umm have you actually ever driven a fast car, fast ever?? It doesn’t matter what end the power is going to during the bend.. Only becomes relevant going in and coming out but mid-point it makes near to zip. RWD and AWD gain the advantage in getting power down earlier..

250kw? Gee lucky then Aurion doesn’t have 250kw then isn’t it or damn run for the hills we’d all be in one hell of a situation.. But neither does your beloved Crown so your point is utterly made redundant.

Have you even driven a Crown? Judging by your actual lack of knowledge on the drive experience I’m going to say NO. well i have in Japan on proving grounds and Fuji and much like their entire range with a few exceptions it's soft and wallow’s but it’s not aimed as a "sports sedan" it’s a luxury barge nothing more nothing less. The quick Japan large Toyota is the Mark X which shares its drive line with the much acclaimed IS350 F-Sport and architecture with previous Gen GS sedan ( as Does Crown too)

Edited by Adamsy

wow the new aurion sportivo ZR6 looks really really good! Its new body kit definitely gives the car a more sportier look. The front is epic and the rear bumper i love. The tail lights are gay compare to the first model aurion, but overall a very nice aggressive looking car. I can't wait to see one of these things in real life.

At our Hybrid launch test field day they had the new Aurion Sportivo there and i stood there talking for a while and noticed the comments about Sportivo was 50/50 lovers and hated some guys said "i love what they've done with it" and others thought it looked simply overdone and tacky and not helped by the pissy wheels but overall i think most people liked what they saw.

Edited by Adamsy

Man, the a55 end of the Sportivo looks so sh**. It looks like a combination of trying to look like a HSV and like a riced up base model. This is the perfect case where less is more.

OK i must stress the information put up by tony is the New Zealand spec and other models do differ slightly.

Overseas model or not, I highly doubt the key design features are going to vary by much. I'm fairly sure the Australian model will look pretty close to that.

As for the whole FWD vs others argument. We don't need any more of that sh** here. If you want to go justify the purpose of buying one of these cars, do that elsewhere. Not everyone races their car. A large percentage of people who drive these cars wouldn't even know the difference between how they drive if you were to ask them.

Yeah this is true it's not too different but in that brochure there is a few specs that differ to ours so yeah don’t take it as gospel.

FINALLY somebody else who thinks there's a little bit of HSV in there. They actually showed us a image side by side from the front angle with the new Lamborghini - Straight copy, paste i swear haha.

well to me i reckon it looks pretty mean. And i am happy that toyota kept it FWD, that is what the aurion is and what it should be. For a FWD car it is extremely impressive. Holden and ford took the easy way out of this and went RWD.... lazy c****... :P

Edited by toyota pride

Having recently gone from a 1996 2.2litre Camry which despite being slow by current standards managed to keep up with general traffic just fine to a 2011 Aurion Touring;

my 5 cents worth is that the whole power output , acceleration argument/issue is a bit of a nonsense in most cases.

Lets face it, speed cameras are everywhere. Most of the time even on the freeway you are limited to a paltry 100klm/hr.

In general urban traffic you often barely get to tap into the power potential of your car as traffic congestion in the major cities gets worse every year while politicians and planners do sweet FA and scratch their balls.

Sure its nice to have that power, acceleration and speed on tap but I'm not suprised that more and more people are downsizing to 2 litre - 4cylinder cars or 2 - 2.5 litre softroaders.

Having recently gone from a 1996 2.2litre Camry which despite being slow by current standards managed to keep up with general traffic just fine to a 2011 Aurion Touring;

my 5 cents worth is that the whole power output , acceleration argument/issue is a bit of a nonsense in most cases.

Lets face it, speed cameras are everywhere. Most of the time even on the freeway you are limited to a paltry 100klm/hr.

In general urban traffic you often barely get to tap into the power potential of your car as traffic congestion in the major cities gets worse every year while politicians and planners do sweet FA and scratch their balls.

Sure its nice to have that power, acceleration and speed on tap but I'm not suprised that more and more people are downsizing to 2 litre - 4cylinder cars or 2 - 2.5 litre softroaders.

Guess that just all depends on where you live and also where you work in relation to home, but yeah you certainly have a point. I think it was SilverAurion who mentioned how almost pointless just over 200kw is when you’re sitting at the speed limit and have a buzzbox passing you at 0.5km/h faster lol. Having twice the power meant nothing then!

Guess that just all depends on where you live and also where you work in relation to home, but yeah you certainly have a point. I think it was SilverAurion who mentioned how almost pointless just over 200kw is when you’re sitting at the speed limit and have a buzzbox passing you at 0.5km/h faster lol. Having twice the power meant nothing then!

Lmao, yeah that sounds like something I would say. Can't believe you remember that :lol:

Having gone from my Aurion to a diesel Hilux, I can say that although having as much power as the Aurion does is almost irrelevant on today's roads, there is still a need to have a certain amount.

I get people in small 3 cylinder buzz boxes trying to get in front of me at every instance, and due to the low gearing and diesel engine of the Lux they nearly always win, only to slow me down by driving 10-15km below the limit.

Plus next time you're stuck behind a caravan on a far western road, it will be very comforting to know you can overtake them very quickly.

Lmao, yeah that sounds like something I would say. Can't believe you remember that :lol:

Lol names and faces fella, nams and faces! - also on a forum like ours it helps to know who said what if you ever need to go back and find something lol

wow the new aurion sportivo ZR6 looks really really good! Its new body kit definitely gives the car a more sportier look. The front is epic and the rear bumper i love. The tail lights are gay compare to the first model aurion, but overall a very nice aggressive looking car. I can't wait to see one of these things in real life.

At our Hybrid launch test field day they had the new Aurion Sportivo there and i stood there talking for a while and noticed the comments about Sportivo was 50/50 lovers and hated some guys said "i love what they've done with it" and others thought it looked simply overdone and tacky and not helped by the pissy wheels but overall i think most people liked what they saw.

Of Course if people either love it or hate it then it can't be accused of being boring or bland

Yeah for sure, anybody who claims the new SX6 and ZR6 is boring and bland seriously has rocks in their head lol.

Sorry to backup that troll but I cannot help my self after reading the immature posts! EDITED!!

RWD and AWD gain the advantage in getting power down earlier..

RWD will never compare to FWD! you will die trying!

adding sports brake lines, pissy see through to the pad callipers, Motec, Suspension, Strut bars, nolathane bushes, Tien suspension etc doesn't make it a TRD! your quite immature if you think it's a TRD or FWD will handle better than a RWD, here is a nice little easy to understand video.

I'm over these forums, if people are under the consensus FWD is the king and an Aurion (actually the same as USA Camry) is some kind of super beast of a car. FFS it's a FWD Camry with pulling issues and interior rattles!

Edited by challengethemasters

Sorry to backup that troll but I cannot help my self after reading the immature posts! EDITED!!

adding sports brake lines, pissy see through to the pad callipers, Motec, Suspension, Strut bars, nolathane bushes, Tien suspension etc doesn't make it a TRD! your quite immature if you think it's a TRD or FWD will handle better than a RWD, here is a nice little easy to understand video.

I'm over these forums, if people are under the consensus FWD is the king and an Aurion (actually the same as USA Camry) is some kind of super beast of a car. FFS it's a FWD Camry with pulling issues and interior rattles!

Dude you are actually a complete eff tard of a joke. Are you even old enough to drive? You need to go back to school because you can't compose an argument to save yourself. s**t you can't even get your OWN argument straight.. Pretty sure you meant FWD can never compare to RWD you will die trying.. GOOD ONE

Nobody is saying fwd has any performance advantages to RWD or AWD (except perhaps in the snow) but that does not mean that it automatically makes them a hopeless car. Just because you clearly DO NOT have the natural driving talent or skills needed to actually be able to drive FWD's does not mean there crap. Do you also ride off and think a Golf GTI. Scirocco R, Focus RS and Renault Meganne Cup Trophee 250 are also crap because there fwd? You’re a joke and along with your previous 31 posts shall be taken with a grain of sand.

You’re also quite uneducated but then yeah i guess you would know more about a Toyota then somebody who works for them aye.

Also RE: TRD you actual don’t understand what TRD is and about do you? They make PARTS!

You put a Motec computer in your car or Tein suspension or a Harrop supercharger, what do people do? Add a badge or sticker... TRD parts are no different.... it’s just uneducated clowns like yourself that can’t wrap their heads around it that have any issues..

FANTASIC when do you plan on deleting your account, can anyone here help you do it faster? We’ll sure miss you BAHAHAHAHA

There was no discussion in this thread where we were saying how much better the Aurion/Camry is compared to a RWD or AWD car.

challengethemasters: You should not have edited your response. Your initial one was enough. You are now stirring **** up in here with the whole FWD vs others discussion. Cut it out and stay on topic... which is discussing the new Aurion in a group of members who are look at such a car not for it's driveline. This is your first and final warning.

Adamsy: Making this personal doesn't help either. You don't even know who this guy is and what he's actually driven so that's enough from you for now. This is your first and final warning as well.

Bye... :D

x2 on DJKOR's comment, one more dumb-ass comment and you are gone... alternatively if you no longer wish to be here, that can be arranged too.

This is NOT a FWD vs the world thread, the Aurion is FWD and based on the camry, accept these facts before you post in here.

This thread went off topic since i last read it hahaha, love the essay adamsy haha <3

Need people like you for president of australia :blink:

LOL might make question time worth watching you reckon? haha - how many of you seen i had posted in here again and thought it was round 2 :whistling: :P

FYI Guys Aurion Stocks, Brochures, banners etc should hit Dealers from Monday. We already have some stuff for the launch just waiting on cars now :P