2011/12 Toyota Aurion

moggillsx6

Very Lexus GS like, I don't like how it looks like it reversed into a wall though and now has a flat bottom...but other than that, it's quite nice!

The steering wheel buttons aren't actually that bad in the flesh. After looking at an Atara the other day, I retract all previous statements about how silly they look. You really don't even notice them when you're taking in the car as a whole, as opposed to them being front and centre in a photo.

Vehicles in the Pic's are Prodigy and Presara Levels, Interior is near as makes no difference true to production. The more aggressive looking one with large alloys however is not the new Sportivo, however it's not light years away either :)

Hey wait a min...the one with window buttons on door pic...am I seeing things? Is that a REAR window wiper button underneath the parking sensor switches?

Although if that is the new Aurion we are getting, the pictures makes it look smaller?

Hey wait a min...the one with window buttons on door pic...am I seeing things? Is that a REAR window wiper button underneath the parking sensor switches?

Although if that is the new Aurion we are getting, the pictures makes it look smaller?

That button is for the headlight washers. They are either not available, an option or standard (Mainly Euro-spec cars with factory HIDs or snowy countries.) in European countries.Some cars have them controlled by a separate button, or when the windscreen washers are activated.

2012 Aurion is here! At least in New Zealand. Three grades, no more Aurion Grande (Kiwi-spec Presara. Either that will come in at a later date for the Kiwis, or the Sportivo SX6 takes over as the top-spec model there.). No interior photos in the Toyota NZ link yet though.

AurionWebtile_378x263px_Range_v1.jpg

http://www.toyota.co.nz/NewVehicles/Models/Passenger/Aurion?Ref=strip

AT-X

Aurion_ATX.jpg

Touring

Aurion_Touring.jpg

Sportivo SX6

Aurion_SX6.jpg

Wow nearly 50k for an ATX model in NZ and only 2k more for the SX6

You do know the NZ Dollar is not 1-for-1 with the Australian Dollar right?

That makes the RRP of the Aurion AT-X over there about a few thousand more than the Aurion AT-X here, and the Sportivo SX6 about the same as it is here.

On top of that, I can't comment on how it works over there in NZ, but on the NZ transport website, I could not see anything about having to pay Stamp Duty on a vehicle. If that's the case, it works out cheaper than Australia then I would imagine.

Yeah was just thinking im glad I live in Australia and dont have to pay that sort of price for new cars. Makes the runout Touring model great value :spiteful:

2012 Aurion is here! At least in New Zealand. Three grades, no more Aurion Grande (Kiwi-spec Presara. Either that will come in at a later date for the Kiwis, or the Sportivo SX6 takes over as the top-spec model there.). No interior photos in the Toyota NZ link yet though.

AurionWebtile_378x263px_Range_v1.jpg

http://www.toyota.co...urion?Ref=strip

AT-X

Aurion_ATX.jpg

Touring

Aurion_Touring.jpg

Sportivo SX6

Aurion_SX6.jpg

wow, those fog light covers are HUGE.

What is it with this straight line 1980's styling? The alloy wheels on this new Aurion and the new Camry are circa 1988.

I am not knocking Toyota and very possibly will end up buying an Aurion (or whatever the new model is called) in a few years time, but the styling (and I don't mind conservative styling) is really dated.

Those fog light covers are similer styling to the Holden Club Sport Range....

post-21214-0-27382500-1331434198_thumb.j

post-21214-0-91675700-1331434202_thumb.j

Lol if you think the front looks slightly HSV then you should see the back of the Sportivo haha

Lol well there goes the suprise. Aust spec is ever so slightly different from memory we dont have the chrome section on the front - no doubt that is on the nzl spec as it is top of the range where as it won't be over here.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/162390/2012-toyota-aurion-first-look-from-new-zealand/

I just saw this and hmmm....i am a bit skeptical when it comes to it being very similar to Honda Accord V6 front styling wise. I really do not like the SX6 front!

Sportivo is awful. Here's hoping it looks better in the flesh.

Looks worse in real life if the prototype I saw was anything to go by. The fog lights look ridiculously bolt on and out of place.

Wish they had made the Sportivo Kit actually part of the bar and not just stuck over the top. It looks a little tacky and gets tackier the larger the kit!

I'm guessing these are going to start appearing on the road soonish?

di-5133170278416.png

di-113317028107.png

^ Man the rear end of those look so bland. At least the 1st Gen Aurion had a rear end that looked different to other cars on the road.

The front of the new Aurion looks nice, the back looks a bit too plain compared to the current model aurion...

Might need clear led tail lights....