2011/12 Toyota Aurion

moggillsx6

Yeah i think too that it looks like a better looking current Honda Accord V6. Do like the interior very classy for a car at this price point and for sure will put Holden and ford to shame. Modest Power and torque hike, (although more torque will be nice down low) wonder what it spits out on premium fuel. Should make for an even potent family six though! More power/torque less weight! Less weight with the new rear suspension set up should make for a sharper ride/handling package especially in Sportivo which will hopefully finally wear 18in wheels!

Car advice website quotes the following,

"The new Aurion’s 3.5-litre V6 petrol engine produces 204kW of power and 346Nm of torque – up 4kW/10Nm from 200kW and 336Nm. The six-speed automatic transmission from the current model carries over into the 2012 model.

According to the data for the Ukrainian-spec model, the new Aurion’s combined cycle fuel consumption is 9.3 litres/100km. In Australia, the outgoing model is rated at 9.9 litres/100km, suggesting efficiency gains of around six per cent. A 50kg reduction in total vehicle weight – down from 1590kg to 1540kg – is likely to be one of the major fuel-saving factors"

Good to see they're moving towards the right direction with the new model. The leaked pictures reveal a somewhat representation of the current Camry, though the headlights look bigger

Something that would be nice would be to have instant fuel economy reading.

Have a look at the photos of the combination meter ... this is included.

That would be good...

With now 204kW we shouldn't technically see any going around with P plates on them... in queensland atleast.

That would be good...

With now 204kW we shouldn't technically see any going around with P plates on them... in queensland atleast.

Slightly disappointed there’s no D4-S for the new model

And here's the Chinese/ Taiwanese/ SEA version, similar to the Eastern European version, but with a different front bumper & grille design. Also, notice the absence of wood trim, indicating a base model.

toyota-camry-china.jpg

toyota-camry-china2.jpg

Source: http://www.chinacartimes.com/2011/08/25/chinese-camry-to-look-a-little-different-to-its-american-cousin/

And here's the Chinese/ Taiwanese/ SEA version, similar to the Eastern European version, but with a different front bumper & grille design. Also, notice the absence of wood trim, indicating a base model.

toyota-camry-china.jpg

toyota-camry-china2.jpg

Source: http://www.chinacartimes.com/2011/08/25/chinese-camry-to-look-a-little-different-to-its-american-cousin/

Looks alright actually. At least the audio unit doesn't look aftermarket this time around.

That would be good...

Someone should try shoehorning the M157 from a Mercedes E63 AMG into the Aurion. Might be a bit of a tight squeeze tho :P .

410kW & 800Nm, 9.8L/100km 5.5L Twin Turbo V8. Gawd.. imagine what kind of ludicrious power : weight ratio you'd get!!!

Probably have to brace the chassis cause it'd probably rip the front end off when using launch control. LOL

That would be good...

Slightly disappointed there's no D4-S for the new model

This ^

No significant power gain, less pretty than our pre-facelift 1st gens. Unless the ZR6 has significantly more aggressive styling, I don't think I'll be rushing out to buy one.

The way everybody's going for integrating everything with the head unit ****s me, too. If I want to have a Pioneer HU, I should be able to install a Pioneer HU, without having to sacrifice my air con, etc.

Yeah you won't notice the extra power that much but the extra torque will make it feel a little livelier down low especially taking in account the drop in weight. power/torque to weight will look a bit nicer. hopefully the sportivo models will be tough looking mother.

Yeah you won't notice the extra power that much but the extra torque will make it feel a little livelier down low especially taking in account the drop in weight. power/torque to weight will look a bit nicer. hopefully the sportivo models will be tough looking mother.

Realistically though, do we really think we can "feel" a 10Nm increase when we are talking about a few hundred Nm overall?

Realistically though, do we really think we can "feel" a 10Nm increase when we are talking about a few hundred Nm overall?

well its not going to transform it into a supercar but with less weight and slightly more go it should be a bit pokier lol

Silver Ash 35%

Ink Black 31%

Diamond White 21%

Wildfire Red 12%

Titan Silver 1% (One Vehicle was made by special order)

*Figures have been rounded to the nearest percentage.

*Figures obtained from Business of Ultimate Language Logistics Statistics House & Institute of Technology.

Seems the statistics were a little off the mark:

209 Ink.....................237 (38.0%)

1D4 Silver Ash.........233 (37.4%)

3R3 Wildfire...............99 (15.9%)

061 Diamond White...47 (7.5%)

8T4 Tungsten...............7 (1.1%)

You'll now know how unique you really are ...

Heads up, there's a Tungsten one on carsales ATM.

The jury is still out for me... Still prefer white and in no way am I biased.... :)

Heads up, there's a Tungsten one on carsales ATM.

The jury is still out for me... Still prefer white and in no way am I biased.... :)

Oh G** it looks effing ugly. Yuck.

I agree with you there that the white certainly looks the best... even for the Sportivo's. Shame I haven't seen a 3500SL. I just wouldn't be able to put up with a 3500S. I just love the Smart Entry way too much.

di-613146161859.jpg

di-913146162008.jpg

di-1213146162086.jpg

Yeah DJKOR I certainly miss some of the features of my zr... Push button start, power passenger seat, smart entry etc, etc...

There's probably a reason they only made 7 :)

I wonder if TRD will ever look at the new Aurion???

Yeah DJKOR I certainly miss some of the features of my zr... Push button start, power passenger seat, smart entry etc, etc...

There's probably a reason they only made 7 :)

I wonder if TRD will ever look at the new Aurion???

I hope they will. Would be intriguing what they prduce in their second attempt if the opportunity does arise.

Would it be reasonable to expect the new Aurion to look similar?

My wish list :-

• Adaptive Cruise
  • Forward IR camera (for night/bad weather driving - see below pic)
BMW%20Night%20Vision%20and%20High-Beam%20Assist_6.JPG
  • Park assist (i.e. self parking capability as seen in upper spec Euro cars)
  • Bi Xenon headlights.
  • Puddle lamps under the wing mirrors
  • Electric Folding wing mirrors with puddle lamps
  • Heated seats
  • IPOD interface (with ability for menu navigation via steering wheel buttons)
  • 12V socket on center console for rear passengers.
  • 12V socket in boot.

Probably some of the above would be more fanciful rather than practical, but I'm sure there's some stuff in the list which is feasible!

:-)

My son has a current E350 and the night time assist doesn't really work. What I mean is that we did a little test I stood up the street and my son could barely see me turn the night time assist on and he still couldn't really see me like in the day. So it works but it doesn's more of a gimmic if anything but still cool to have

That picture is hardly a good sales promo. 2 people less than 30 meters in front only 1 lane over and the car's headlights don't show anything.

This is what I hate about so many modern day "driver assist" technologies. If the car was built right in the first place then most of these "aids" would become redundant.

And don't get me started on driver's who rely on these "aids"

This is what I hate about so many modern day "driver assist" technologies. If the car was built right in the first place then most of these "aids" would become redundant.

And don't get me started on driver's who rely on these "aids"

I certainly agree

JDM Camry released

07.jpg

02.jpg

http://toyota.jp/camry/index.html

http://paultan.org/2011/09/05/new-generation-toyota-camry-hybrid-launched-in-japan/

Similar styling to the Ukranian/SEA Camry/Soon-to-be-relased Aurion, but Hybrid only for Japan.

Grades:

Hybrid (Base)

grade_img_cardetail03.jpg

Hybrid 'G Package'

grade_img_cardetail02.jpg

Hybrid 'Leather Package'

grade_img_cardetail01.jpg

Modellista kit

main2.jpg

main3.jpg

http://toyota.jp/customize/camry/index.html

Dealer option accessories-> http://toyota.jp/camry/007_p_001/dop/

Random fact: Since the Gen5 Camry, the JDM market only had a single engine & transmission choice (2.4L Non-Hybrid/Auto) and two drivetrain choices (2WD/4WD), leaving the V6 range to the Windom (Lexus ES300/330) till 2006.

Edited by ToyotaFreak