2011/12 Toyota Aurion

moggillsx6

Silver Ash 35%

Ink Black 31%

Diamond White 21%

Wildfire Red 12%

Titan Silver 1% (One Vehicle was made by special order)

*Figures have been rounded to the nearest percentage.

*Figures obtained from Business of Ultimate Language Logistics Statistics House & Institute of Technology.

Fancy that. I never would have thought the figures were a published amount so to speak. Is that like a publicly accessible database, or something related to your like of work/study?

Also funny to see that there were more white than red. I thought it would have been the other way around.

Thanks for the fast response u54mot...

I'm with Djkor. I would have sworn that there were more red than white. I had to wait on carsales for a white one to come up in QLD... I'm pretty sure there aren't any on atm either...

Love to see pics of the one off...

Djkor, I read somewhere on here u were thinking of letting your girl go for something a little quicker... Was that just a passing thought or are you still feeling that way?

Because the next gen Aurion truely is just a V6 Premium Camry, it has no design input from Toyota Design Australia. Our next Aurion is really what the rest of the world see's as the "premium Camry" there will be some subtle changes but the car wont be as different as the Current Aurion as that had alot more Australian input in design etc.

Because the next gen Aurion truely is just a V6 Premium Camry, it has no design input from Toyota Design Australia. Our next Aurion is really what the rest of the world see's as the "premium Camry" there will be some subtle changes but the car wont be as different as the Current Aurion as that had alot more Australian input in design etc.

Now that is a real pity... Hopefully they have already picked up the changes that were made by TMCA last time.

btw my ZR6 is white and I had to wait from October until the middle of Feb to get it. Maybe they were in the middle of a LHD run...

The new Aurion looks like shizzle.

I always wanted an Aurion but was scared they were starting to look a bit dated but after seeing the new Aurion, the old one is much better. blurgh.

Now that is a real pity... Hopefully they have already picked up the changes that were made by TMCA last time.

btw my ZR6 is white and I had to wait from October until the middle of Feb to get it. Maybe they were in the middle of a LHD run...

lol that is strange? White is a very common Sportivo colour, did yours have the sunroof by any chance? And nah it isn’t anything to do with LHD/RHD. the Toyota production system and the Altona plant is so advanced that a Thai spec left hand drive Camry could be built followed by a RHD Aust Spec Aurion Sportivo. Camry and Aurion in all their different specs are built on the same line at the same time.

The new Aurion looks like shizzle.

I always wanted an Aurion but was scared they were starting to look a bit dated but after seeing the new Aurion, the old one is much better. blurgh.

I guess to e fair to the new car we'll have to wait until we can touch, feel and drive it until we make our final decisions lol. :)

I guess to e fair to the new car we'll have to wait until we can touch, feel and drive it until we make our final decisions lol. :)

It'll be a while till I get a new car :(.

Seriously been wanted the Presara for a few years now (always regretted getting a Grande over a Presara), then the time came this year to upgrade my 04 Altise and with the Aurion upgrade being soon etc. I couldn't justify buying it because I thought it was starting to age and would look pretty outdated compared to the new one (not to mention that the interior of my Grande and the Presara is way too similar) so I bought something else instead.

Seeing these spy pics though, I like the older model better but like you said we can't tell until we see it in the flesh.

Edited by Harlo

How come there's no pictures from that even Toyota held to show off the new Camry to dealers, was it a no camera event and the leaked video a hidden cam?

According to the leaked pictures to date, the car looks somewhat better styled than the current Camry. To make a comparison between that and the current Aurion just seems unnecessary, simply because i think it looks way off the 'good' looks of the current one.

Silver Ash 35%

Ink Black 31%

Diamond White 21%

Wildfire Red 12%

Titan Silver 1% (One Vehicle was made by special order)

*Figures have been rounded to the nearest percentage.

*Figures obtained from Business of Ultimate Language Logistics Statistics House & Institute of Technology.

Seems the statistics were a little off the mark:

209 Ink.....................237 (38.0%)

1D4 Silver Ash.........233 (37.4%)

3R3 Wildfire...............99 (15.9%)

061 Diamond White...47 (7.5%)

8T4 Tungsten...............7 (1.1%)

You'll now know how unique you really are ...

Edited by 450HP/tonne

lol that is strange? White is a very common Sportivo colour, did yours have the sunroof by any chance? And nah it isn't anything to do with LHD/RHD. the Toyota production system and the Altona plant is so advanced that a Thai spec left hand drive Camry could be built followed by a RHD Aust Spec Aurion Sportivo. Camry and Aurion in all their different specs are built on the same line at the same time.

Yes, sunroof & sat nav... probably explains the delay.

lol that is strange? White is a very common Sportivo colour, did yours have the sunroof by any chance? And nah it isn't anything to do with LHD/RHD. the Toyota production system and the Altona plant is so advanced that a Thai spec left hand drive Camry could be built followed by a RHD Aust Spec Aurion Sportivo. Camry and Aurion in all their different specs are built on the same line at the same time.

Yes, sunroof & sat nav... probably explains the delay.

Yeah they had a slight issue with the sunroof drip drains so they stopped producing cars with sunroofs for a month or so whilst they came up with a fix so i daresay that is the reason or your delay.

• 2 weeks later...

WOW.... that is actually better than i expected, well the front anyway. the rear is slightly boring compared to the agressive front though. But yeah i was worried there for a while but you can't call the car boring now! Now bring on Aurion, although i don't think it will look as tough as the Camry Sportivo or Atara.