2011/12 Toyota Aurion

moggillsx6

*shudders at the rear tail lights* That's it! I am not getting an Aurion with THAT rear lights! Although those are in ATX form! I wonder what SX6 and ZR6 lights will be like as well as Touring.

Now it is starting to make more sense to go and get the run out Touring Aurions!

Sportivo's rear end it quite different to the lesser models, For example the exhausts are built into the rear bar like current gen HSV's and the 40 series TRD. I’m pretty sure the rear lamps are different too. Just trying to remember the finer details of the images I’ve seen.

I guess I have the taste of a conservative person/ old man, but I find the rear end of the regular Aurion okay.

Anyways, the Thai version has been released, and here are the brochures (Hybrid & Non-Hybrid.). Base model (2.0G) still powered by 1AZ-FE from 2001 model & no more V6 for Thailand (I guess Toyota Australia could take advantage of the FTA and export Camry V6-badged Aurions there.). Hybrid Navi takes over as the top spec car (Has rear seat controls, first seen the previous gen. Camry 3.5Q V6). Oh, Smoked LED headlights on the Hybrid version too! Wished Toyota Australia adopted the Hybrid model's bumper design (Or the Mainland Chinese-spec Camry SE front bumper design.) for the regular grades (AT-X, Prodigy & Presara.).

Website- http://www.toyota.co.th/camry/

Thai Camry Brochure- http://www.toyota.co...venCataloge.pdf

Thai Camry Hybrid Brochure- http://www.toyota.co...atalogCamry.pdf

post-6385-0-09803400-1331804958_thumb.jp

Edited by ToyotaFreak

I guess I have the taste of a conservative person/ old man, but I find the rear end of the regular Aurion okay.

Anyways, the Thai version has been released, and here are the brochures (Hybrid & Non-Hybrid.). Base model (2.0G) still powered by 1AZ-FE from 2001 model & no more V6 for Thailand (I guess Toyota Australia could take advantage of the FTA and export Camry V6-badged Aurions there.). Hybrid Navi takes over as the top spec car (Has rear seat controls, first seen the previous gen. Camry 3.5Q V6). Oh, Smoked LED headlights on the Hybrid version too! Wished Toyota Australia adopted the Hybrid model's bumper design (Or the Mainland Chinese-spec Camry SE front bumper design.) for the regular grades (AT-X, Prodigy & Presara.).

Website- http://www.toyota.co.th/camry/

Thai Camry Brochure- http://www.toyota.co...venCataloge.pdf

Thai Camry Hybrid Brochure- http://www.toyota.co...atalogCamry.pdf

That front reminds me of this so much: http://www.motoringmatters.com.au/images/ecocar/downloads/Autonews/Ford%20GE.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Specs for new Aurion are pretty damn comprehensive especially Sportivo ZR6 and Presara. But even AT-x Offers the features 95% of customers are looking for with Prodigy and SX6 been really good value for money or for those who like a bit of luxury without all the w@nk factor features. Presara and ZR6 really do have everything that open and shuts, probab;y room for a kitchen sink in the boot too haha!

Specs for new Aurion are pretty damn comprehensive especially Sportivo ZR6 and Presara. But even AT-x Offers the features 95% of customers are looking for with Prodigy and SX6 been really good value for money or for those who like a bit of luxury without all the w@nk factor features. Presara and ZR6 really do have everything that open and shuts, probab;y room for a kitchen sink in the boot too haha!

Sounds promising. When are we going to see something official -_-

HAHA i could.... BUT... I like my job lol... vehicles whole sale mid next month so specs will be released very soon. But if you put 2 and 2 together you get???

Put it this way in terms of spec and features i don't think anybody will be disappointed and there will be a model to suit current owner’s needs and those new customers looking for a luxury prestige vehicle. Current model line up continues including the two tier Sportivo line up. Great news is you can really decide to either go down the sports or luxury line or not really lose any features. Couple of minor ones here and there but mid and top range sport and luxury models now align in terms to spec closer than 40 series did.

HAHA i could.... BUT... I like my job lol... vehicles whole sale mid next month so specs will be released very soon. But if you put 2 and 2 together you get???

Put it this way in terms of spec and features i don't think anybody will be disappointed and there will be a model to suit current owner’s needs and those new customers looking for a luxury prestige vehicle. Current model line up continues including the two tier Sportivo line up. Great news is you can really decide to either go down the sports or luxury line or not really lose any features. Couple of minor ones here and there but mid and top range sport and luxury models now align in terms to spec closer than 40 series did.

Awesome man. Can't wait :)

I am really looking forward to this car, but they could of done better with the back, and the steering wheel controls look to...... What can i say complicated, gaming contoller like?

Edited by Toyota-Atoyot

Awesome man. Can't wait :)

It will be a good car we just have to remember the Direction Toyota has Taken in "general" with 50 series. Aside from Sportivo these vehicles are designed as smooth quiet sophisticated luxury sedans not sports sedan like 40 series.

I am really looking forward to this car, but they could of done better with the back, and the steering wheel controls look to...... What can i say complicated, gaming contoller like?

Whilst the steering wheel looks over complicated in images once your in the car it actually all works were easily. Everythiing is at easy reach and thought out logically.

Ive just seen some of the photos of the 50 series Aurion, although it was pitched as the Ukraine Camry in the article I read. The front end and rear lights I think look too similar to the front of 40series camry and rear of the 50series camry. I have to say that the back end looks much better than the camry with that gap in the lights being filled in.

I think I will be sticking with my 40series TRD Aurion though.

Ive just seen some of the photos of the 50 series Aurion, although it was pitched as the Ukraine Camry in the article I read. The front end and rear lights I think look too similar to the front of 40series camry and rear of the 50series camry. I have to say that the back end looks much better than the camry with that gap in the lights being filled in.

I think I will be sticking with my 40series TRD Aurion though.

Lol were you looking at the right car?..

Side view looks like a carolla sedan *sigh*

And so dies the generation of a monolith.

On a side note the steering wheel controls look easier to use than a Mazda 3 MPS

http://mazda3revolution.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/steeringwheel.jpg

Imagine that but with 4 paddle shifters and more buttons haha

Edited by Audio115

The new Aurion Sportivo body kit is embarrassingly ugly.

It is very surprising that they have a luxury look for the Aurion and a tacky rice look for the Aurion Sportivo.

OK i must stress the information put up by tony is the New Zealand spec and other models do differ slightly. They only have a 3 car line up (ZR6 is LE) they do not have a Presara. SX6 is there top of the range which of course is different to ours and we don’t have a full time touring model. You can see the specs for yourself and like i mentioned previously the model line up of luxury/VIP and sport in terms of features lines up near as makes no difference the same. So both ZR6 and Presara has the 7" touch screen with sat nav and JBL eco premium sound, both have HID lamps, auto levelling, auto high beam, heated mirrors that dip. Rear sun shade blind, blind spot monitor, reverse camera with back guide. Only difference is the body kit, suspension/chassis tune and, sports seats, pedals, Sportivo's score the paddle shift with auto blipping also. SX6 will be very similarly specked to pre facelift 40 series ZR6, so will have smart start/entry as will prodigy and will score Atara's 6.1 touch screen audio system. All models including Sportivo have 60/40 split fold seats as well.

P.S out Sportivo from memory doesn’t have the chrome across the bonnet either.

Edited by Adamsy

Don't cream ya pants to much, it is a FWD v6 Camry! despite calling it a Aurion.

ITS A FWD V6 CAMRY!!!!! same old GSV40R Chassis, same old unintelligent FWD suspension probably pulls to the left too! BAHAHAH

Hurry up Toyota Australia and give us the CROWN ATHLETE!!!!!!!!!

Don't cream ya pants to much, it is a FWD v6 Camry! despite calling it a Aurion.

ITS A FWD V6 CAMRY!!!!! same old GSV40R Chassis, same old unintelligent FWD suspension probably pulls to the left too! BAHAHAH

Hurry up Toyota Australia and give us the CROWN ATHLETE!!!!!!!!!

Wow you have absolutely no clue.. I dunno if i can be even bothered to explain it all.

Thanks captain obvious none of us had any idea until you popped up that GSV50 unlike GSV40 is completely and utterly the same as a 50 series Camry.. GSV50 only shares core architecture design with GSV40, it is a different chassis, far more rigid and versatile in its design. Same old unintelligent fwd suspension? Sounds more like you just aren’t a very good smooth driver...

AlsocPresara is said to appeal to the kind of customer who likes the Crown "sort of car". But even then why would TMCA bring the Crown here? if they were to bring any vehicle from Japan they would be nuts to overlook the better car in Mark X for a Crown which is more Conservative then 36 series Camry.

Edited by Adamsy

I'm a fool? who painted there 1 pot calipers red?? and wrote TRD on a ""FWD""" Non TRD??

Hello!!!

yeah your right FWD is so much better than RWD and AWD.

especiall around corners and with over 250KW!

but hey if you want to upsell FWD be my guesst,

Edited by N3ptuNe

wow the new aurion sportivo ZR6 looks really really good! Its new body kit definitely gives the car a more sportier look. The front is epic and the rear bumper i love. The tail lights are gay compare to the first model aurion, but overall a very nice aggressive looking car. I can't wait to see one of these things in real life.

Man, the a55 end of the Sportivo looks so sh**. It looks like a combination of trying to look like a HSV and like a riced up base model. This is the perfect case where less is more.

OK i must stress the information put up by tony is the New Zealand spec and other models do differ slightly.

Overseas model or not, I highly doubt the key design features are going to vary by much. I'm fairly sure the Australian model will look pretty close to that.

As for the whole FWD vs others argument. We don't need any more of that sh** here. If you want to go justify the purpose of buying one of these cars, do that elsewhere. Not everyone races their car. A large percentage of people who drive these cars wouldn't even know the difference between how they drive if you were to ask them.

As for the whole FWD vs others argument. We don't need any more of that sh** here. If you want to go justify the purpose of buying one of these cars, do that elsewhere. Not everyone races their car. A large percentage of people who drive these cars wouldn't even know the difference between how they drive if you were to ask them.

Exactly. Besides, believe it or not there are actually benefits to having FWD in a modern family hack - space, fuel economy, and price. 3 of THE biggest factors that most people would consider when buying a car.