Bridgestone Adrenalin RE002

juvenile

Not sure if it's been released here yet but I want them..

All members here that are running the RE001 seem to be very happy with them so these can only be better hopefully...

Any reviews or prices welcome

f75a25fb.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or it's might turn out to provide equivalent grip and is just a marketing idea to raise the price and popularity initially. I guess we will have to wait and see.

With any luck they'll drop the price on RE001s as a runout too, in case there are those out there who don't feel like stumping up $300-ish for brand new style tyres...

I find the RE001 is somewhat lacking on wet conditions, but maybe because I had Falken FK452 and Bridgestone RE050A previously which were very good in both wet and dry conditions. Hopefully the RE002 solved that as on the dry the RE001 is very good on grip and road feel.

Or maybe I shouldn't stepped down on tyre grade in the first place.

Just got my first quote back on the new RE002 in 215/45 R17 = $239ea

FYI the RE001's in the same size were quoted at $219ea.

These quotes were from a Sydney Bridgestone Select dealer.

Adrian

RE002 officially on the Bridgestone website. http://www.bridgestone.com.au/tyres/treads/RE002.aspx

Hmmm, I was holding off my purchase of the RE001s to get the RE002s instead. However, I am no worried that they will not be available in the 205/45R17 that I want.

On pricing, I was having a chat with one retailer last week, and he said he couldn't see any pricing in his system yet. When I asked whether they would be running out the RE001s he said they may do that, or, they may actually price the RE002s lower than the RE001s in order to get them into the market quickly - get them out there. He said availability would be from 1 June.

• 2 weeks later...

RE002 officially on the Bridgestone website. http://www.bridgestone.com.au/tyres/treads/RE002.aspx

Hmmm, I was holding off my purchase of the RE001s to get the RE002s instead. However, I am no worried that they will not be available in the 205/45R17 that I want.

On pricing, I was having a chat with one retailer last week, and he said he couldn't see any pricing in his system yet. When I asked whether they would be running out the RE001s he said they may do that, or, they may actually price the RE002s lower than the RE001s in order to get them into the market quickly - get them out there. He said availability would be from 1 June.

4 quotes in now on the RE002 in 215/45 R17, ranging from $230-$250 per corner. Same size RE001's are between $195-$220.

This article:

http://www.carpoint.com.au/car-reviews/pdf/24740.aspx?p=%2Fprint.aspx%3FR%3D24740%26AllModules%3D1%26tabID%3D2608168&fn=24740

indicates that 205/45 R17 will be available, hopefully in the correct load rating.

PS. I want to buy some of these tyres... :yahoo:

Adrian

What's way better than the RE001 & the new RE002 is the Potenza S001 or Michelin PS3.

Potenza S001 (NSW $289)and michelin PS3 (VIC $304) are far superior both in dry and wet conditions. S001 is a tad bit better in progressive steering and cornering grip than the PS3.

KU36s are noisier than the RE001s, but immensely more grippy than the bridgestones in the dry. So depend on what you want to do in the car.

What's way better than the RE001 & the new RE002 is the Potenza S001 or Michelin PS3.

Potenza S001 (NSW $289)and michelin PS3 (VIC $304) are far superior both in dry and wet conditions. S001 is a tad bit better in progressive steering and cornering grip than the PS3.

I haven't tried the Potenza range but the PS3 is fantastic in the dry and the wet.

Just popped over to the bridgestone dealer in greenacre on lunch break and guy quoted $205 for re002s and $190 for re001s (215/45/17). Is the price sound a little cheap? Anyway they didn't have any of them but said he could get them in tomorrow if u wanted them.

Just popped over to the bridgestone dealer in greenacre on lunch break and guy quoted $205 for re002s and $190 for re001s (215/45/17). Is the price sound a little cheap? Anyway they didn't have any of them but said he could get them in tomorrow if u wanted them.

Sounds too cheap especially from a Bridgestone dealer,they're rip offs anyway,If they are legit about the price then get them,shop around, a lot of smaller tyre stores do good deals you just need to hunt around.. With quality tyres a 215/45 will cost X amount but if you want the same tyre in a uncommon size such as 205/40/17 the difference can sometimes be huge..When i got 225/40/18 Dunlops they were $800 but if I wanted them in a 225/35 I was up for over $1000... Unless you buy Nankangs or similar crap then ANY size is available

The review of the re002 are awesome and would like to try them out. However I was talking to a bloke that works for bridgestone and he said that the tires are being made in Indonesia as Japan can't produce them ATM for obvious reasons. I'll be looking to purchase when the tires are made from japan. But don't get me wrong, tires made in indo are still good too.

Wheels June 2011 did another tyre test. It had the RE001 not the RE002.

RE001 basically matched the best of the $400 premium tyres at twice its price like Michelin Pilot Sport 3 in the dry. It beats some of the other $400 tyres.

Hope RE002 didn't stuff anything up. If its improved noticably in the wet it could shake the market.

Got my RE001 for $155. They were on run-out at $135 back in Jan 2011.

Wheels June 2011 did another tyre test. It had the RE001 not the RE002.

RE001 basically matched the best of the $400 premium tyres at twice its price like Michelin Pilot Sport 3 in the dry. It beats some of the other $400 tyres.

Hope RE002 didn't stuff anything up. If its improved noticably in the wet it could shake the market.

Got my RE001 for $155. They were on run-out at $135 back in Jan 2011.

yeah i saw that article and felt that was pretty unfair, don't understand why they didn't use the higher grades like re050's or re070.

went to liverpool bridgestone retailer and asked for price, cost was $219 for 215/45/17 but sales guy said he's manager can definitely do a good deal if i was interested. he also gave the 2 thumbs up for the s001's he got on his IS200 :lol:

I was also contemplating RE002s for next tyre change from my RE001s. Improvement over the 001s would be good, but maybe i'll bite the bullet and go S001s? :spiteful:

My local Bridgestone dealer priced me $220 for RE002s and $230 for S001s per corner for 215/45/R17

He also recommended me to get RE002s if i like to drive aggressively or track. Then again, why would he recommend me them if S001s are higher grade tyres? I dunno. But for 230 a corner, S001s looks like the go. Back then, my RE001s cost me $250 a corner <_<