2012 Camry

urbanx

Hi, I was talking about the rear headrests being fixed. Consequently, they look and feel cheap. As for the front headrests, it would be good if they could move forward and back (as well as up and down), but I believe they have not been like this since series 3 (Ultima & Grande).

Gooseneck hinges sure do suck, particularly this latest model is touted to compete with Accord. I like Camry, but it irks me how their pre-facelift models of all sorts are so lame. Surely they can fit some gas struts as part of a facelift.

Hi, I was talking about the rear headrests being fixed. Consequently, they look and feel cheap. As for the front headrests, it would be good if they could move forward and back (as well as up and down), but I believe they have not been like this since series 3 (Ultima & Grande).

Gooseneck hinges sure do suck, particularly this latest model is touted to compete with Accord. I like Camry, but it irks me how their pre-facelift models of all sorts are so lame. Surely they can fit some gas struts as part of a facelift.

You sit in the back of your own car enough for this to annoy you? i don't think I’ve eve sat in the back seat of my car lol. It would be difficult to make the rear ones go back and forward as they are sunk into the seat. They can’t go any further back than they already are.

Like i mentioned before the front ones don’t go back and forward because they are "WIL" seats and it affects the operation of the active head restraints.

Goosenecks are crap and annoying but I’d be really surprised if that got changed in 2014 as this would require a rework of the boot structure.

Like i mentioned before the front ones don’t go back and forward because they are "WIL" seats and it affects the operation of the active head restraints.

What is active head constraints?

Currently on my car, if i rest my head against the headrest my head tilts back too much and am not able to drive comfortably.

You sit in the back of your own car enough for this to annoy you? i don't think I’ve eve sat in the back seat of my car lol. It would be difficult to make the rear ones go back and forward as they are sunk into the seat. They can’t go any further back than they already are.

Goosenecks are crap and annoying but I’d be really surprised if that got changed in 2014 as this would require a rework of the boot structure.

Ok, one more time...the rear headrests do not move at all. However, they should move up and down.

Fixed rear headrests are cheap. My point is, that the new Camry is touted as a stepping up the mark, but there are sure more than one or two obvious (IMO) cost cutting measures at play.

Ok, one more time...the rear headrests do not move at all. However, they should move up and down.

Fixed rear headrests are cheap. My point is, that the new Camry is touted as a stepping up the mark, but there are sure more than one or two obvious (IMO) cost cutting measures at play.

What model doesn't have the rear seat headrest go up and down? The tivo's does!

Anyway the rear seat isn't as important as the front two. It's not everyday that you drive your car from the back seat lol.

Looking at photos, the rear headrest design looks identical to current Aurion. If those headrests don't move up and down, I'll eat my hat.

That's a photo of a gen 6 Camry, right? Not a 2012 model?

As for not sitting in the back everday, the same argument could be applied towards why the 2012 model doesn't have LED tail-lights, yet the preceding model did. I mean, it's like you sit behind your own car everday? LOL

Edited by Martinj

That's a photo of a gen 6 Camry, right? Not a 2012 model?

As for not sitting in the back everday, the same argument could be applied towards why the 2012 model doesn't have LED tail-lights, yet the preceding model did. I mean, it's like you sit behind your own car everday? LOL

Completely different argument actually. LED tail-lights affect the driver because it improves the visibility of the car to other road users (both brightness and in reaction time, which can help prevent accidents) whilst increasing component life (and cost savings to the owner/driver). These things are active and important no matter how many people are in the car - however, since the vast majority of cars on our roads are occupied by 2 or fewer people, the adjustability or lack thereof of the rear headrests is of lesser importance. Why else do you think it took so long for power windows to become standard front AND back (rather than just front) in base model cars? Because the back seats saw so little use (or were occupied by kids) that there was no need to add in the extra feature cost.

If your complaint about a lack of adjustability in the rear headrests is based around you carrying 3-4 _adult_ passengers (headrests aren't much use if you're too short to even reach them) on a regular basis, then fine, it's a valid point. If you're only likely to be using the front seats regularly, then it just sounds like a whinge for the sake of whinging.

I frequently have travellers in the back seat. I took these passengers to look at the 2012 Camry and they whinged to me that they would not be able to raise the rear headrests to their desired height for comfort. One of these passengers whinged that he also would like to be able to move the rear headrests forward a little. I then LOL'd, and told them not to worry because we would keep the Gen 6 Camry for the time being, and it definitely had adjustable rear headrests.

On the way home, we were nearly rear-ended by a semi-trailer. Pulled over by the side of the road, my frightened passengers chastised the truck driver. I then realised how much I actually appreciated my LED brake lights, which no doubt helped in making the truck driver brake and avoid hitting me. I will never again not care about the luminosity of my rear tail-lights.

Wow, well I think we're all a bit surprised by that one. I wonder why they scrapped them? There's really no excuse for such a basic feature as height adjustable headrests, at least in the higher grades, and especially when the last gen had them across the board.

This hat tastes delicious. :whistling:

Holy crap the do it so that they can sell the car for the same price as it was before. They just kept added features without taking something out the majority of people ever use the price for the humble Camry would be ridiculous. They also need to leave headroom for extra features for the flagship model Aurion. We have a engineer/dealer trainer coming today to take us through Atara so I’ll the question but pretty sure i know what the answer will be.

Wow it's also very alarming that people don’t know what half the safety features do/are for in their cars.

There certainty is not safety issues with the current head rests HOWEVER, the Australian engineers are not thrilled about them and after complaints from customers are working to get these changed. Who knows when this may happen though.

Whilst were on the subject of Safety, The new Camry range scored one of Ancap's highest scores and is the "safest" Australian built vehicle. It scored 36.4 out of 37.

lol Matty, who care's about ancap! :P

lol i can't even begin to tell you how much i loath Ancap and think it's being made totally redundant. They need to wake up and change their testing procedures!

Surely no one buys a car on rear seats alone.

What about heads of state of oil-rich African countries who get chauffeur driven everywhere? Sure, they may be a minority group, but let's not discriminate, okay.

Surely no one buys a car on rear seats alone.

What about heads of state of oil-rich African countries who get chauffeur driven everywhere? Sure, they may be a minority group, but let's not discriminate, okay.

When you're that rich you don't buy a car, you get the car you want made