Roads you hate the most

Steve

Parramatta Road was very bad; I still can envisage Anthony with his coilovers bumping along yet he still had his trademark grin.

Probably the worst 'road' I've driven on.

I am still learning how to avoid bump and pot holes especially at night times

My coilover is on softest setting at street driving

lots more roads in sydney are worse than parramatta road

and I hate road with stones, especially after pouring rain, I got few marks already created by those stones

No longer exists, and only a small stretch, but Thornton Rd between Glenwood Dr and the New England Hwy at Thornton (right near Thornton McDonalds and Subway where we often go for lunch at work) - we nick-named it the Worst Road in The World, it was absolutely covered with potholes and patchwork, would put even Parramatta Rd to shame. Got resurfaced a couple of months ago and it's now billiard-table smooth

Mt Nebo! There is something mysterious out there that sucks the petrol out of the tank at a high rate of knots and also eats away your tyres!!

HAHA

Sydney has the worst roads I've driven for sure and I was on 25th click (hardness) /36 setting on my coilovers :).

VIC - ballarat road, from the west side of melbourne,

ballarat road, the lane closes to the gutter = worst.

Any stretch of road around the Collingwood/Abbotsford area in Vic. There are sooooo many speed humps/pot holes/divots etc etc.

yes!!!!

The stretch of road from delahay maccas to watergardens shopping centre. One of the few roads i bottom out on -.-

The stretch of road from delahay maccas to watergardens shopping centre. One of the few roads i bottom out on -.-

+1

actually make that 85% of the west side roads, in melb, LOL :P

Parramatta Rd.

Canterbury Rd.

Top of Kingsgrove Rd.

Stoney Creek Rd. infront of my house since they done roadworks.

Belmore Rd.

Ninth Ave. in Campsie with its 102130921039 speed humps and its double speed hump pedestrian crossing <_< <_< <_< <_<

Beamish St. Campsie

High St. near UNSW has theeeeeee worst surface I have ever seen in the left lane lol

I could keep going on and on and on and on...

Gympie Rd, Brisbane (ALL of it)

I was going to change my answer, and I will have to agree with you there. Although the part I hate the most is where Lutwyche Road ends and Gympie Road begins, up until the KFC.

Bumps and potholes seem to be a common thing so I guess my hate for most roads like that is quite wide spread. But Gympie Road, all that never-ending roadwork means that you can't last one day with a clean car anymore.

yeah westside roads are pathetic in comparison to the roads on the eastside.

That's why you should live in the eastside. Then you can lower your car as low as you want without scraping. :toast:

hahaha tempting man very tempting. though property is very expensive in the east.

Parramatta Rd.

Canterbury Rd.

Top of Kingsgrove Rd.

Stoney Creek Rd. infront of my house since they done roadworks.

Belmore Rd.

Ninth Ave. in Campsie with its 102130921039 speed humps and its double speed hump pedestrian crossing <_< <_< <_< <_<

Beamish St. Campsie

High St. near UNSW has theeeeeee worst surface I have ever seen in the left lane lol

I could keep going on and on and on and on...

+1000...i lived is Sydney for about 10yrs and worked around the corner from Beamish st in Campsie and all the roads you listed were farked when i lived there,good to see nothing has changed.

one road i hated was Military rd Mosman,for a well to do area this road was potted and had so many obsticles and lane changes and those bloody cats eyes were as big as bricks.

as for a bad one i use regulary in Melbourne it's got to be Frankston Dandenong rd Dandenong thru to Frankston...wow the trucks have really made a mess of this one.

Western Ring Road... Need I say more...

The roadworks they've started over what is it like 3 years ago now? They haven't got anywhere on it, and all they've done is turned practically all the road from the Ring Road enterance at the Westgate/Princess Freeway all the way past the Tullamarine Freeway Exits (Melb Airport) into a cobbled road... It's THAT bad. I drove on that road for the first time in about a year and a half from Yarraville last Saturday night and I was completely amazed at how bad the road was... So sad. :(

The bad thing is that road M80 upgrade will never be completed so yeah. :(

... though property is very expensive in the east.

That's probably because they have better roads.

Now to Brisbane....

Logan road Between Garden City & Springwood.

The traffic lights seem to be timed so you get stopped at 90% of them.

Drive 400m - STOP

Drive 600m - STOP

Drive 500m - STOP

Drive 800m - STOP

Drive 200m - STOP

And so it goes

Why why why.

I Think I know. Red light/speed cameras.

Some bad ones I have come across are Pound Road, near where it intersects the South Gippy Highway, it was really bad a few months ago but has improved now.

Another bad one is Heatherton Road, going eastbound from Endeavour Hills, poor visibility at night, bumpy as hell.