Sportivo No More

I stepped into a Dealership on Saturday out of curiousity and enquired about a New Sportivo, I didn't mention anything but the salesperson immediately advised they received notice of a cease production of Corolla Sportivo's from SA, when I asked about the Sportivo's possible continued importation from Japan he simply stated he's only been informed of the cease production in SA nothing else. He also went on to say they were a little mistified about it because it's a good seller for them.

It would be nice if they start bringing it in from Japan.

The Japanese are well reknowned for producing better fit and finish all round.

Not to say that the SA produced vehicles arent any good.

Its all done from a cost perspective I guess...

Toyota Australia will ship in a few hundred Sportivos after the the end of production date of 31st October. So im guessing there should still be good supplies until next year? I hope this doesn't hurt the bargaining end where the Dealer might say "nah can't do it at that price since there isn't much of it etc etc".

well all i can say is great because it make the stivo a rarity and it will hold its price.plus now that the word is out about the stivos power and people have finally caught on that even though its not turboed its still powerfull people want em.

so all should be good for resale of our precious stivo.

not that id get rid of mine.

yeh i think its a good idea actually, theres so many corollas on the road these days it makes me sick. this way its more exclusive, like how the r34 was all like *drool* when there were 1 or 2 around, but now they're everywhere its like *meh*

• 2 weeks later...
If they bring in Ascents Conquests and Levins from Japan, I don't see why they can't bring in the Sportivo at a competitive price, even if price goes up by $1k or $2k, it'll still be good value.

that's the problem they can't keep it at that price when the Jap sourced Levin is more expensive than the SA built Sportivo.. if they were to come from Jap it will more likely be around the mid $30grand mark..

If they bring in Ascents Conquests and Levins from Japan, I don't see why they can't bring in the Sportivo at a competitive price, even if price goes up by $1k or $2k, it'll still be good value.

that's the problem they can't keep it at that price when the Jap sourced Levin is more expensive than the SA built Sportivo.. if they were to come from Jap it will more likely be around the mid $30grand mark..

That's what I mean, if the Sportivo rises to $31k or even $32k, people will still buy it IMO.

i heard that ther will be no sportivo replacement at all. However if they do bring a jap stivo i rakon it would be worth trading up to one of those. The south african build quality is pretty **** house.... :(

Yeah I agree, my black 05 bumpers and side skirts are a slightly different colour. Looks fine most of the time but in direct sunlight its noticable and looks a bit aftermarket:(