• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

win or lose it'll just settle the dispute

let say stock on stock

then our best man/women against their best man/women

then our most modded vs their most modded

but i think we might lose on the most modded one since the sss has been out for long

someone probably turbo'd it haha

we only got northy :huh:

but the pulsars have probably suffered from engine ware and all

so i think we might have to put on a handy cap to make it fair

im actually quite surprised that ever since the original sss v stivo in 04 on the pga forum, no1 has resolved this dispute.

i think stock for stock #1, and cai + extractors + exhaust #2

i don't have either so happy racing! :/

most modded pulsar could be low 12's mid 11's. i don't think a forced stivo could manage that just yet. need more developed parts for the 2zz

By the time that a stivo has been around 10 years or more you could only imagine the aftermarket gear that'll be readily available and the sort of times that they'll be pulling-- without a turbo or S/C.

I've read that thread before and the only one who was braggin about wanting to race was a turboed SR20. Now that's a fair race isn't it. :blink:

ok hold on a minute 1 guy said our ratios are **** im certain they would be quicker than theres sometimes i take off in second cus 1st gear is damn quick im sick of changing into second all the time in traffic lol

and another homo said they would be better with the celica gearbox and motor i could be wrong but i thought thats exactly what we got in our little sportivos

This has been talked about quite a bit before about the Pulsars. The SSS stock is nothing compared to modern cars/engine technology nowadays. They "were" quick bcuz of their weight/power/torque but its nothing special now.

The Pulsar that really impressed me was the Pulsar VZR N1 version in Japan which makes 147kw (200bhp) from 1600cc, redlines at 8500rpm and killed the EK Civic TypeR but was a limited run and much more expensive than TypeR. The also have a VZR version making "just" 180bhp (135kw) from 1600cc. And of course the AWD turbo Pulsar Gti-R but these never made it here except now they have greys.

There really is no comparison if you say stock vs stock. I raced against a modified NX Coupe which has the SSS's SR20 and 1st gear up to 6000rpm we were side by side then LIFT kicked in and i was away.

Then if you say modified well there are way too many modified cars out there quicker than the Stivo and Pulsar ;)

Edited by ZEEROLLA

win or lose it'll just settle the dispute

let say stock on stock

then our best man/women against their best man/women

then our most modded vs their most modded

but i think we might lose on the most modded one since the sss has been out for long

someone probably turbo'd it haha

we only got northy  :huh:

but the pulsars have probably suffered from engine ware and all

so i think we might have to put on a handy cap to make it fair

I have run one with a turbo before, I got my ***** kicked. They run the SR20, its easy to get the manifold and turbo from the SR20 turbo as used in many nissan drifters.

ive raced an NX coupe i dont think it was turbod but he had zorst cus it was bloody loudy so he probably had extractors and the rest of it too

i had him the second the light went green maybe i got a better launch but it was kinda like there was no NX coupe lol

A lot of crap to sift through in the two threads ....

Some good points, some bad...

I always wanted to run a friend with an N15 SSS SR20 with my ascent.... but he did an SR20DET conversion before I got around to it..... *DOH*

I think at the end of the day - both corolla and pulsar have their merits...but with all things racing - it comes down to the driver....

Miss-shift when you're right near the rev limiter and it could be all over.

Shift too low - you miss the powerband for the next gear.

Break traction by too much on the launch...

etc etc..

Given equal driver ability and equal modded cars:

Say CAI + Exhaust only -> I think it would be pretty close on a stivo vs sss --> until lift kicked in - then if the stivo driver can land in lift every change - 'Stivo would just walk away.

And to be even more honest - I think that until around middle of third gear or so a 1zzfe would still hold it's own against a pulsar with an SR20...

That said - if someone can show me how to launch my ascent without getting massive amounts of wheelspin and axle tramp (I think that's what it's called) I'd be happy...

personally i launch at 5500 rpm  :P

if u nail it ...ur away... :)

if u screw it up than wheel spin , wheel spin , wheel spin and more wheel spin  :P

then axle tramp, axle tramp, axle tramp

ok now im not trying to bring up any old arguments but there is one thing that i might like ot point out just for the sake of it

i read a while back about a guy frm some country saying to launch in LIFT and its the best way to do it

now all or most of you guys were giving it to him so hard i havent seen a post from him in a while lol

anyways if weiwei launches at 5500 and says the same thing as this other guy said get it right and you take off hard and fast its got me thinking that maybe a launch at higher revs might be possible too so maybe this bloke wasnt pulling our centre leg after all

anyways i have no experience as my highest launch was at 4500 but i was trying to lose traction so i cant really say either way LOL

anyways of all people im sure AZZA will remember cus i thougt he was gonna get the next flight over to kick his ***** they were at it hard verbally lol

just thought i would bring that up agian cheers :D