Getting new Aurion...AGAIN

and I am getting a 2011 Touring SE in INK colour form. For $31k driveaway! May pick it up in 2-3 weeks depending on the bank and paperwork etc!

BTW I am asking my fellow aurion owners who has black ones, what is it like to own it? This is my 1st ever black car!

black will need frequent elbow grease, swirls will appear straight after your first wash lol, needs to be polished once a week if outside. If the car is garaged, probably every fortnight.

Well thats what i do with my black bmw.

Actually i plan to have the car parked inside my work's car park during the day but on the weekends, it will be under car cover to protect from the bird's craps.

And has anyone with black car tried to use the car wash drive thru? I plan to do this as it has dryer therefore eliminating the need for hand drying.

those car wash drive throughs have had millions of other cars go through them, so you could imagine the amount of crap left on them. Best way to do it is with clean products, chuck your chamois, sponges, microfibres etc, into the wash, dry em off, have a clean bucket and wash your car from the top down, and dry your car from the top down. Best way to eliminate swirls and dullness in your black paint work, consider waxing your car often.

Actually i plan to have the car parked inside my work's car park during the day but on the weekends, it will be under car cover to protect from the bird's craps.

And has anyone with black car tried to use the car wash drive thru? I plan to do this as it has dryer therefore eliminating the need for hand drying.

If you're looking to use automated car washes, I would recommend the touchless ones which uses water jets. They are far easier on your paint job. The flipside is they are more expensive. I use the top wash for $18.

Paint protection coating is often overlooked too. I have paint protection on mine since New and lemme tell you, it does work. Less prone to scratches, swirls and keeps the shine for much much longer. I re-treat every year.

Edited by Beep Beep

If you're looking to use automated car washes, I would recommend the touchless ones which uses water jets. They are far easier on your paint job. The flipside is they are more expensive. I use the top wash for $18.

Paint protection coating is often overlooked too. I have paint protection on mine since New and lemme tell you, it does work. Less prone to scratches, swirls and keeps the shine for much much longer. I re-treat every year.

Mate, I think I've said this before on this forum and I've scared one member from using these touchless washes. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I heard that since these touchless washes use recycled water, sometimes the filters don't work as good and it's almost like blasting your paint with fine sand which will give you major swirls. I have no clue where I heard this but yeah. Your choice lol

mafia style ... looks good , especially on the showroom floor .

But up in CQ the heat is the big thing . The cabin temp seems higher (tinting the windows helps)

You must clean off any tree sap / bird crap ASAP or it will damage the clearcoat/paint very quickly .

Also black lack of any light reflection , so any little imperfections show up

Cheers

M

P.S We have gone silver this time ... which can have it's own problems .

I have had a Touring SE for about 6 months now, really love it. I can match FG Falcons and SV6's off the line. All ive done so far is add 18inch TRD rims, but really want to do more to it.

Any ideas where I should look to find kits for it?? Prob would only add front/side/rear lip, but not posrtivo kit, and maybe doube twin exhaust kit for starters.

Never will I buy black again!

Ok mate you got me intrigued. What happened to your black car?

i didn't think of paint protection but i have emailed the dealer to quote me on the paint protection costs. Yes my area has touchless operations and costs me $14 for everything. I used my old car there sometimes if i am short on time to clean the car before going out.

mafia style ... looks good , especially on the showroom floor .

But up in CQ the heat is the big thing . The cabin temp seems higher (tinting the windows helps)

You must clean off any tree sap / bird crap ASAP or it will damage the clearcoat/paint very quickly .

Also black lack of any light reflection , so any little imperfections show up

Cheers

M

P.S We have gone silver this time ... which can have it's own problems .

As you can see in my display picture, my old car was silver and yes it does have problems. Are you talking about fading silver paint?

Have just recently bought in the last few weeks a white run out 2011 aurion touring car new for $27887.00 on the road,which i thought was a real good price.We looked at black but considered it would just get to dirty.The white colour though dosen't cover up the dirt as well as our previous car which was silver.I think you could get the purchase price down on what you are being offered as there is a big difference and the 2011 are getting harder to sell as the financial year is nearly up.

Are you talking about fading silver paint? Yep more noticeable after a smash repair job .

Maybe we have crap repairers up here .

Cheers

Michael

I don't have a black Aurion. I have the Caribean Blue colour. I'll never buy a dark coloured car again.

They look great on the show room floor, all clean and shiney, but maintenance is a real chore, and fraught with swirls....

Edited by boxerboy

Lol what are you washing it with? I'd have a blue car again in a heartbeat. i find Caribbean Blue hides the dirt well. Even this time of year it’s not till your standing right next to the car can you see it's dirty at all? Often people at work comment saying i must wash it every few days because it always looks clean and shiny even when it's not. And Swirls? i don’t think there’s any issue with the colour or paint but more so in how you’re doing your washing, drying, polishing and washing lol as no issues here, granted it could be suggested I’m a little fussy ha.

Ah adamsy the guy i was gonna PM with over something! Ok when i get a car with virtually ZERO kms (in reality i think 2-3 kms) on the clock, what do i have to do with kms starting from scratch as it is the 1st time I have one with virtually zero kms on it? Do I baby it or do i drive normally and can i drive on freeways etc? I admit it's something i am not used to it.

Hey , Nah your pretty right with modern cars, obviously baby it a little bit don’t be tagging the rev limiter and thrashing the ring out of it and avoid staying at a constant speed for any duration but other than that just treat it as you would normally fella.

Still loved driving it! Even had the longest drive....vic park to joodanlup then joondalup to como. 3 hours later driving back to joondalup from como to drop my drunken mate home then back to como.

Getting close to 500km mark! Yes I have been cruising a lot! I think i have more cruising to go on this weekend. I can't get enough of it and thank god for perfect weather this weekend :) Perfect for cruising!