Sportivo Exhaust

Hey

I am looking to put a new sports exhaust on my sportivo it is stock and i am looking to do a few mods now, I was wondering how much would i be looking at to get my hands on one, what would the best brand be and approxamatly how much power gain i would get by putting it on?

Thank You

Blackrz!

Old-Sign.jpg

seriously... have a search around... look in the corolla page, up the top there is a thread that contains a whole lot of threads we have had repeatedly, what you want to know will be in there...

nice call blue rolla ;)

The general feeling down here in melbourne.. (colder climates) is the stock is the best..

Most of the guys down here have had various mufflers/systems and all reverted back to stock..

To spice up your rolla slightly.. add an INJEN, TRD or AEM Cold Air intake...

Ignore PM'S from people pushing certain products on to you.. (they dont perform in the colder places) :ph34r:

mate consider this your final warning, and dont play the dumb card either as we all know what you are suggestion :angry:

Honestly man, i'm not having a crack at you but please, get over it.

Motoman is offering a new member some some advice based on their findings in the colder climates.

And since you are in Queensland and he is in Melbourne, Victoria, I dare say his suggestions are fairly well founded.

The general feeling down here in melbourne.. (colder climates) is the stock is the best..

Most of the guys down here have had various mufflers/systems and all reverted back to stock..

Ignore PM'S from people pushing certain products on to you.. (they dont perform in the colder places) :ph34r:

mate consider this your final warning, and dont play the dumb card either as we all know what you are suggestion :angry:

ergh...wat's being suggest?...I"m sorry...bit slow... :( :huh::unsure:

Most of us down melbourne have had an exhaust added and found that we've lost power ... having a stock muffler with CAI was dyno'ed 110-113kw atw.. with various diff types of exhausts we only managed to pull 108-109 kw. Lucio with a CES system and a short-ram intake had pulled 108.5kw atw..

I think moto man was just giving him advice that he might not gain anything out of a system coz some ppl have installed full custom exhaust system and have gained nothing out of it!

But yeah if u r after a good system .. search for CES, as most queensland member have it and love it!

Most of us down melbourne have had an exhaust added and found that we've lost power ... having a stock muffler with CAI was dyno'ed 110-113kw atw.. with various diff types of exhausts we only managed to pull 108-109 kw. Lucio with a CES system and a short-ram intake had pulled 108.5kw atw..

I think moto man was just giving him advice that he might not gain anything out of a system coz some ppl have installed full custom exhaust system and have gained nothing out of it!

But yeah if u r after a good system .. search for CES, as most queensland member have it and love it!

:huh: That is wacked...how would colder intake temps influence exhaust flow? I am not saying the dyno numbers lie or anything, but i am struggling to find a technical explanation for this. Hmmm, it is strange though that the queensland guys seem to get the top dyno numbers and melbourne the lower ones.

Any suggestions regarding the correlation of air temp and exhaust efficiency? Perhaps it is the differences in humidity of the different zones that does something...

I am kind of in the middle (geographically) and there is no argument between stock exhaust vs aftermarket. My exhaust system gave a bigger gain than the CAI in terms of noticable drivability.

:blink::huh: <_<

There's no doubt whatsoever that a replacement exhaust can hinder power output (personal experience tells me it is so!), but such an exhaust should be returned to the place of purchase and either have a more suitable system fitted or go somewhere else and do it.

I'd just like to ask a question of anyone who has the knowledge to answer ... are there any potential variables between having a CES system fitted at CES, and having a CES system transported interstate and fitted by another exhaust place? In other words, could a system's condition after transport or a different fitting method have an effect on the end result?

Obviously, all the QLD guys have gone to CES and CES have fitted it for them, whereas only some of the interstaters have done this, so I'm just wondering if there's any substance to my ramblings? :P

Edited by Buddha

There's no doubt whatsoever that a replacement exhaust can hinder power output (personal experience tells me it is so!), but such an exhaust should be returned to the place of purchase and either have a more suitable system fitted or go somewhere else and do it.

I'd just like to ask a question of anyone who has the knowledge to answer ... are there any potential variables between having a CES system fitted at CES, and having a CES system transported interstate and fitted by another exhaust place? In other words, could a system's condition after transport or a different fitting method have an effect on the end result?

Obviously, all the QLD guys have gone to CES and CES have fitted it for them, whereas only some of the interstaters have done this, so I'm just wondering if there's any substance to my ramblings? :P

i have seen CES fit few exshausts first hand, any reasonable exhaust shop should be able to do the fitting and not stuff it up.

Comments removed due to xooms request

Edited by MotoMan

(they dont perform in the colder places)

^^^^ strange comment,, pretty sure that a cold air intake. would respond alot better in colder climates.. denser air and all that but hey.. if we are going to argue about who's air is better for performance i'd be almost certain the colder areas of Australia would get the thumbs up... not hot old QLD

How about contacting Meridian Motorsport and ask for some specificiations suitable for 2zz-ge exhaust. They build clubman car with 2ZZ-GE, so they must know what's best for the engine. They got this crazy long tube header for the clubman, snakey i must say.

that keeping the stock exhaust is the best performance solution for an exhaust system for your car when we all know this is not the case..

You cant have a general comment like this.....

Some exhausts have worked, others havent.....Some exhaust places say that you have a pretty good match for the engine with the exhaust on there...

EG

Ages ago, peekay and i think lucio or ilivfor6 (cant remember) drove side by side and peekay found that the exhaust that he had on his car made his car slower....

Sorry if ive got the wrong other person...

Edited by NIKICH

That was Peekay and livfor6 driving side by side. As for cold air being worse, no way dude, the cooler the air, the denser, more combustion, more power. The stock exhaust is pretty good, infact i'll stick my neck out again and say that unless youre gona do internal work (cams etc) or forced induction, its a complete waste of money to think youre going to get massive gains from air intake and exhaust. We all know these engines are highly tuned, any tampering and you are more likely to loose power than make it.

oh man.....>_<

Newbie so confused... :unsure:

I'm a Melbournin...

i wanna make my car sound deeper and go faster...but i don't wanna change the exhaust if don gotta since me still under warranty...and not dat high on cash...

Wat's da best cost\performance and deep throttle effective thing to do.

I"m taking from the above RMs that the best thing to do is add a CAI to the existing stock setup.

:unsure::unsure::unsure: