If you're proud to be a s'tivo driver, read this.......

Seems like some of the lesser educated "hot hatch" drivers out there think that Toyota haven't produced a decent hot hatch recently.

Hot Hatch Forums

I love the fact that the s'tivo is a bit of a sleeper, but **** the ignorance of some people!!!!!!! :angry:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What drugs is this 182CUP on??? :angry:

Hmm a rebadged Daewoo is better built than the Yaris :angry:

The new crop of small/mid size hatches are improving. Our shape has been out since the start of 2002 so of course its not going to look as flash as a newly released focus or civic. But when you look at a 2003 corolla, civic, daewoo, barina or focus, the corolla's style wins hands down

oh didnt u know? according to wheels and motor its impossible to get less than a 16 second quarter in a stivo. bills 14.721 must have been a fluke then. apparently u cant change gears in a stivo cos u constantly fall off the powerband. who wants to join me in giving them a lesson in how to drive a car not like my grandmother?

"Hey Woody,

Having a Hot Hatch, you should also know speed is not what it is all about. Lap times and cornering speeds.... I admit, the Corolla is I guess a hot hatch... just that the variation on the outside from the Levin is pretty much an exhaust, and rims. Really not that much.

I guess I'm not entirely convinced that the Corolla is a hot hatch as such. But hey, I'd love to go up against one and see what they are made of! On the track of course"

C'mon guys, I'm sure someone can help me out with this one..........I'm flying the flag for us here!!!!!

Let me see....where's that lap video of yours Shao?

Edited by Woody

made my point :)

Yes you did sir lol. If bangn can own S2000's around a track with his coilover setup then I think these people will be in for a shock with you heehee.

"I admit, the Corolla is I guess a hot hatch... just that the variation on the outside from the Levin is pretty much an exhaust, and rims." - 182CUP

NFI :lol:

btw Woody that looks like a member of TISM in your avatar lol

Edited by oO_CorollaSportivo03_Oo

Yes you did sir lol. If bangn can own S2000's around a track with his coilover setup then I think these people will be in for a shock with you heehee.

"I admit, the Corolla is I guess a hot hatch... just that the variation on the outside from the Levin is pretty much an exhaust, and rims." - 182CUP

nope, thats me....no I'm not a freak, just doing a spot of hunting in Stanthorpe, QLD. Gets freaking cold there. Made a funny pic tho. :lol:

nope, thats me....no I'm not a freak, just doing a spot of hunting in Stanthorpe, QLD. Gets freaking cold there. Made a funny pic tho. :lol:

Lmao the pic is a classic. Makes you look like you're about to sing Greg The Stop Sign! lol. You do know who TISM is right?

Lmao the pic is a classic. Makes you look like you're about to sing Greg The Stop Sign! lol. You do know who TISM is right?

Let me see, Triple J Hottest 100 1995........ :lol:

oh didnt u know? according to wheels and motor its impossible to get less than a 16 second quarter in a stivo. bills 14.8 must have been a fluke then. apparently u cant change gears in a stivo cos u constantly fall off the powerband. who wants to join me in giving them a lesson in how to drive a car not like my grandmother?

Wheels and Motor magazine's Performance Testing results are done with 1/2 a tank of fuel and timing gear on board. The times they publish are an AVERAGE of two way runs (That is, they run the car both ways down the strip so you can't blame a tail/head wind on a the time). They do it this way to simulate real world performance, so what they publish isn't the absolute best a car can do.

And I hardly think Bills car is standard...

oh didnt u know? according to wheels and motor its impossible to get less than a 16 second quarter in a stivo. bills 14.8 must have been a fluke then. apparently u cant change gears in a stivo cos u constantly fall off the powerband. who wants to join me in giving them a lesson in how to drive a car not like my grandmother?

Wheels and Motor magazine's Performance Testing results are done with 1/2 a tank of fuel and timing gear on board. The times they publish are an AVERAGE of two way runs (That is, they run the car both ways down the strip so you can't blame a tail/head wind on a the time). They do it this way to simulate real world performance, so what they publish isn't the absolute best a car can do.

Read my last quote on the Hot Hatch forums. For what these guys have spent on euro hatches (or Korean imitations) Bill has been able to spend on his mods.

ahhhhhhheeemmmmm 14.721 :P :P :P :P :P :P

With 40-45 Litres of fuel and a big bloke that probably accounts for 1.5 to 1 2/3 of the skinny fella's sitting in the car when tested at wheels or motor so i think its a fair comparison :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

haha sorry bill.... let me edit that for u :P :P :P :lol::lol::lol:

wheels? more like the ford and holden monthly.

oh didnt u know? according to wheels and motor its impossible to get less than a 16 second quarter in a stivo. bills 14.721 must have been a fluke then. apparently u cant change gears in a stivo cos u constantly fall off the powerband. who wants to join me in giving them a lesson in how to drive a car not like my grandmother?