What did you do to your car today?

Not for us victorians. Rego fees are the same for everyone because they are all in one. No need for further insurance. The only way to get cheaper rego here is if you have a conncession like health care card or pension etc.

yeah i'm thankful our government isn't ridiculous on the car rego :)

Today I fitted my replacement HID's. Also took the effort to run it off a twin relay setup so that my high beams won't cause the HID's to flash.

Also found a new place for my ballasts for a much cleaner install.

Now my car feels like it should.

Today I had my bumper cut to fit in tips I just bought. Damn bludgers, told me it'll only take 1.5 hours and will call me as soon as it finished, and none were true. Took 5 hrs and no call afterwards. Now have to wait for this long weekend to finish installing those tips. :unsure: :( :(

While waiting for them, I took my friend to the dealer I bought my car from. Holy F**k, envy the new features that our aurion doesnt have.. Auto tilt with heated mirror, auto shade, Dvd-GPS system... And Tyre pressure monitoring system... ***Droolll*** :yahoo:

Also found a new place for my ballasts for a much cleaner install.

Daryl, do you mine posting up some photos of the new locations of the ballasts? I too have recently installed a HID kit for my TRD and I'm not too happy with the RHS location of my ballasts (facing the car - battery side). Also, does your ballasts get very hot after extended use of the HIDs?

Thanks.

Daryl, do you mine posting up some photos of the new locations of the ballasts? I too have recently installed a HID kit for my TRD and I'm not too happy with the RHS location of my ballasts (facing the car - battery side). Also, does your ballasts get very hot after extended use of the HIDs?

But then my neat little place will be given away :lol:

Nah, I'd really recommend using this spot. Once you put the cover back on it, you won't even know it's there. Just ignore the dirt which I didn't clean before the photo, and the messy silicone around the ballast (I don't trust the claims that these cheap kits are water resistant:

dsc05887f.th.jpg

My ballasts do get a little warm after extended use, but I wouldn't say hot. The ones like the one I have (the boxy ballast), will produce heat from the DC to AC converter and the transformer component of the ballast. It's nothing to worry about if it produces heat. How much heat it produces depends on how efficient it is. I guess your isn't that efficient.

Just cleaned all the yucky bugs off her from Thursday night... and now she is sparkles sparkles SPARKLES :D :yahoo:

also, polished the charger ready for the photoshoot tonight :D

Evo

made some pipes

bay4.JPG

Mmmm pipes. I got my car booked in at WTF to get some I/C piping done.

Put new bonnet struts on. Now instead of being hard to open and falling down immediately, my bonnet flicks up and whacks you unconscious.

Its an improvement.

But then my neat little place will be given away :lol:

Nah, I'd really recommend using this spot. Once you put the cover back on it, you won't even know it's there. Just ignore the dirt which I didn't clean before the photo, and the messy silicone around the ballast (I don't trust the claims that these cheap kits are water resistant:

dsc05887f.th.jpg

My ballasts do get a little warm after extended use, but I wouldn't say hot. The ones like the one I have (the boxy ballast), will produce heat from the DC to AC converter and the transformer component of the ballast. It's nothing to worry about if it produces heat. How much heat it produces depends on how efficient it is. I guess your isn't that efficient.

Thanks Daryl, that's a great spot for the ballasts.... :)

Edited by byw

post-14703-127234692738_thumb.jpgpost-14703-127234692004_thumb.jpg

Grille arrived today. Need some bolts + nuts for it to fit properly (hence the sag in the top middle) but I think it is a slight improvement over the original grille.

Will paint it black tomorrow I think.

Just got back from overseas, and bought back some brand new MEGUIARS GOLD CLASS CARUNBARA PLUS wax! yeeoow! hasnt even hit WA (or possibly australian) shores yet, will be applying to my car tomorrow! :) :)

more mods are on the way!

Spent the long weekend preparing the car for the next rally which is on this weekend (half an hour south of Gatton Qld).

I cleaned the car, fitted the camelbacks, made a brake master cylinder brace, raised the suspension to give me 170mm of ground clearance under the sump guard, gave it a wheel alignment to fix up the change in toe due to the height change, fitted a map light and fitted an interior flouro light. Bring on the weekend!

Spent the long weekend preparing the car for the next rally which is on this weekend (half an hour south of Gatton Qld).

I cleaned the car, fitted the camelbacks, made a brake master cylinder brace, raised the suspension to give me 170mm of ground clearance under the sump guard, gave it a wheel alignment to fix up the change in toe due to the height change, fitted a map light and fitted an interior flouro light. Bring on the weekend!

Interesting, hope all goes well!

Interesting, hope all goes well!

Thanks, me too. I didn't get around to having the light pod finished in time though :angry:. $1000 worth of hid spotties and I still don't get to use them.

Haven't fitted it yet, but this arrived in post today: Genuine factory-option AE101 Levin/FXGT Momo 4-spoke leather steering wheel....awesome

Some photos for the non-believers:

P1140467.jpg

P1140470.jpg

How it looks without the horn pad.....might consider this look for track-days etc

Anyone got a TRD horn-button for a Momo wheel?

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

was bout to say... you'd gota move outa melbourne if ya wanna keep her that low and i bet ya actalli thinking bout it juz to keep her that way arent ya? :)

all ya need now is bigger rims! ;)

Got car back from WTF Auto today. This thing is purring, so smooth.

Still needs some work done (needs a new dump badly), but I ran out of money lol.

POWER STEERING WORKS YAY!

scored a set of TRD Black pads ( cheers Guni ) and a pair of weather sheilds on mad special for 50 bucks , **** you super cheap for making me spend monies!! looks boss as hell now

Got another bottle of Fuel doctor, got my first ever bottle of Meguiers SwirlX and Applicator pads. Will be using them soonish. I haven't washed the car in a while. It keeps raining in Melbourne :(. BOM predicts wet weather for the next week and its way too cold even during the day to wash the car without hands getting frost bite. lol.

Sucks big time.