What did you do to your car today?

Just put a coat of wax on the car - wasn't as cold outside as I thought actually, quite nice weather for waxing :) Now along with the shine I've got gloss, car has come up brilliantly :clap: Need a full sun day to see if all of the swirl marks are gone but so far so good, a heap of the scratches (including the one that 'pushed me over the edge') are gone and the deeper ones are much less noticeable, very very happy :D

Don't you just hate those scratches! Especially the deeper ones? <_<

Today I gave the car a full make over. Wash and wax, leather treatment, dash and trim, deep vacuum, tyre shine and windows all wiped down.

Far out it's clean now. So happy I decided to clean it today. At first I was really in a cbf mood but I'm glad I did it. While I was at it I fixed the squeak from the gear lever area.

You can see the fix here:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28489&pid=441024&st=25entry441024

Stretched her legs a little...did a little 500km cruise

sad thing is i have these things called bugs stuck on the front :blink: (so foreign to us city slickers) so she just got hosed off and parked in the shed all dirty/buggy and tired :(

Bottomed out on a big dip and nearly ripped the front bumper off

i have pooped myself so many times these passed few days :( gonna take a while to get used to it i guess

I actually dislodged the the right side of the bumper a little

gross :( sorry to hear dude. I need to get my front bumper fixed as it appears to be a tad loose in spots :\ i don't even know if i caused this lol. Not entirely worried though

Replaced the battery, redoing all the electrical connections and terminals whilst I was at it (mmm 0 guage ground cable) and replaced the windscreen (had a 2mm scratch in the lower left corner below where the rego sticker usually goes) :rolleyes:

top up with Castrol GTX 20W50... not draining whats left of the oil and replacing the filter when I'm a week out from a service... and I need to pay for it so i can get my warranty book stamped...

on the plus side, the existing oil whilst slightly discoloured is looking nice and clean. Would dare say that someone has put synthetic oil in at the last service hence the less than desirable fuel consumption (whilst good could be better)... I have specified to the garage what I want done - Castrol GTX oil, leave the pod filter alone, i've just serviced it, and don't fix anything without telling me... lets hope they keep up their end of the bargain...

test fitted some Volk rims someone is selling...man they look HOT. just needs lowering..Volk VS. BBS....thats hard :unsure:

img_1676copy5zy3.jpg

img_1673copyexgr.jpg

img_1675copy69i0.jpg

and theyre soooo flush B)

Picked my car up from my brothers (he took it to toyota for the major). I always get concerned something might go wrong, but it was all good! and cheap. Im happy :D just need to get a new battery sometime this week.

i got my rice on and bought a boost gauge... :lol:

now i can either buy a gauge holder or just duct tape it to the window... :P :lol:

Cable tie it there

suggestion taken and implemented! :D :lol:

dont worry, its just temporary... :D

post-7867-0-61968800-1302037619_thumb.jp