2007 toyota camry LE

private number

Is it 1st of May already? OMG. That dish is massive. I can fit a rubber duck and puddle.

Now to see your trick to pull this off. :D :yahoo:

Well today me and my mate decided to take the coilover off and try unseize that one coilover that's preventing me from going lower. In the process we were spinning the whole coil minus the top mount as it was in the car still. So the whole thing minus that was spinning whilst we were trying to unseize it and remove it afterward.

With no sucess we took it out for a better shot. We put a 2m extension pole on it and the thing won't unseize after a can full of wd40 and heat. This thing was seized like a mofo.

We eventually gave up after 6 hours and put everything back on. Now I hear a loud thud everytime I hit a large bump which wasn't there before. I think that coilover got busted. If it's not, I still need a new coilover as this one is not unseizing. I could take it to a suspension joint but the locking collars on the coils look busted now but they still lock and do it's function. The suspension joint won't do anything me and my mate tried before except pulling them apart. But I guess it's worth a try right?

Oh I forgot to add. I don't think anyone will sell just the one coil Hence why I said to front coils -.- what a crap day :(

D2 should have warranties so I guess you should be able to get a replacement from a local supplier,hopefully..

Also does the 1st of May have anything to do with Sydney?? :whistling:

Lesson to all, be sure to use ali-lube or a similar lube on all your coil threads!! I learnt that lesson a long long time ago.. once its oxidised on, not much will loosen it. Sorry to hear about the setback.

Very expensive lesson dutchie! haha but its all good. I think i discovered what that loud knocking noise may be, it may be the sway bar link rod. Something about how if you have coilovers this needs to be shortened? however never had that problem before? But when i take a look everything is where they should be. However, ill give it a very close look tomorrow night.

On the bright side......another tease...

photo-12.jpg

Couldnt let the jack down completely as the fenders were already sitting on the tyres, any lower i would of thought id damage the fenders before any guard work.

But on the dark dark side, looking into new coilovers. If i get new coilovers this will allow me to play around with spring rates! wooo. Anyway. lookin into the following

megans

BC

K sports

D2 coils (again)

and to make vick happy.............

air sus (though unlikely at this point in time unless i hit a cash pile haha)

thoughts?

Edited by private number

Fark!!!!...stanceworks beware you have a new member :D

stop mucking around and show us these new wheels already :P ...reminds me of waiting for the missus to try on a new dress,i wait and hour or so and then she comes out wearing the same thing as before and just says it looks ok and i will wear it another time,i swear she has a full wardrobe of new clothes i havn't even seen yet :rolleyes:

OOhhh looking good mang! Nice bozu style exhaust, a little small in diameter tho! :lol:

Generally when slamming a car, you will throw out your sway bar dynamics. Im sure there are plenty of adjustable links out there. Cant see why this would have changed tho.

Ditto, BAG IT!!!!!!!!!

Re coils. Brand isnt as important at this stage as the coils best working range. You need to check that out. Your probably riding around the 60-70mm drop mark or aiming for that? most coils are happiest in the 30-50mm mark (some less) they can be wound down further, but its out of its optimum travel range.

Be a man.. Just do it.. :D

lol this guyyyy -.-'

Fark!!!!...stanceworks beware you have a new member :D

stop mucking around and show us these new wheels already :P ...reminds me of waiting for the missus to try on a new dress,i wait and hour or so and then she comes out wearing the same thing as before and just says it looks ok and i will wear it another time,i swear she has a full wardrobe of new clothes i havn't even seen yet :rolleyes:

haha all in good time Lee. And i love how you put things into examples. classsic hahahaha

OOhhh looking good mang! Nice bozu style exhaust, a little small in diameter tho! :lol:

Generally when slamming a car, you will throw out your sway bar dynamics. Im sure there are plenty of adjustable links out there. Cant see why this would have changed tho.

Ditto, BAG IT!!!!!!!!!

Re coils. Brand isnt as important at this stage as the coils best working range. You need to check that out. Your probably riding around the 60-70mm drop mark or aiming for that? most coils are happiest in the 30-50mm mark (some less) they can be wound down further, but its out of its optimum travel range.

LOL. I was thinking that too, but like you brother, i dont see how it would have changed. Bags is an option, but my cash pile is running very small atm. Just enough to buy a set of coilovers, and nothing else. I mean no food, no petrol na-da. gayz.

Your right too, im only using this for lowering and Daily driving. Not drift or rally spec. And ive read all would suffice. All are in the same price range too. So i might go for D2s again, since ive had no problems with them at all (except for my fail which was my fault haha. Thus, ill put copper grease around the new coils, if i intend on getting coils again)

phat as f#@k :D

haha cheers johnnie

that rear end gives me a chubby....

+ moar exhaust = greatness :) :)

In the works :)

looking fat! for a second i thought the jack pole was a straight pipe,

do ittttt! :D

LOL

On a side note, taking EOI of my D2 coils

Camber, Height and Damper adjustable at all 4 corners

3 of the coils are in mint condition, no oil leaks not seized. Just needs a little clean and theyre back to new! However, one coilover is seized as )(*&^&* however no leaks. hTherefore, future buyer should settle with one ride height Im open to offers atm! So let me know

Fits 07+ camry and aurion!

Damn you are a monster tease! Am echoing the sentiments of above, crikey this is gunna look the goods when you're finished, the shot from the back is great :D Looking forward to catching up in May :)