2010 TOCAU ANNUAL NATIONAL MEET- SHOW AND SHINE RESULTS ARE UP

well if anyone is interested or hasnt had enough driving we can always take it up north for a run in bobbin head point and out thru to akuma bay..

i dont mind going if anyone is up for it...

if we do we will be heading up carlingford way so it would be good to pick up ELEGNT.

awww man, if i knew earlier i would have went :( im so bored at home, but i cant be bothered driving all they way out there from campbelltown, maybe organise another day?

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would also to thank everyone involved this weekend! Really enjoyed myself it was great to meet some new people and of course see some old faces! Can't wait till the next meet!

Wow, what did I miss out on?? :blink:

And you fell in to a ditch!?!?!?

well if anyone is interested or hasnt had enough driving we can always take it up north for a run in bobbin head point and out thru to akuma bay..

if we do we will be heading up carlingford way so it would be good to pick up ELEGNT.

If I remember correctly, 3l3GNT has another meet on tonight.. :)

But nice meeting all of you! I'd like to thank Guni for his tow strap, Mick for his tow hook, and the white Aurion for pulling me out of the ditch - sorry I didn't get your name. :)

But nice meeting all of you! I'd like to thank Guni for his tow strap, Mick for his tow hook, and the white Aurion for pulling me out of the ditch

I have to know, what's the story behind this?

But nice meeting all of you! I'd like to thank Guni for his tow strap, Mick for his tow hook, and the white Aurion for pulling me out of the ditch - sorry I didn't get your name. :)

Mate, are you and your car alright o.O

But nice meeting all of you! I'd like to thank Guni for his tow strap, Mick for his tow hook, and the white Aurion for pulling me out of the ditch

I have to know, what's the story behind this?

LOL, I'm sure there's video footage from many different angles, as I saw cameras and mobile phones out in all directions.

@stock: I've had enough driving man!

@DreadAngel: Yeah, I'm fine and the car is fine. If it hadn't been for everyones help, the car might've toppled over on it's side.

Currently going through and processing my photos.. so far I've done 3 out of about.. 60-80 shots. LOL

Edited by Kenneth.

What a weekend. Event easily met my expectations so there was no disappointmet. A big thanks to all involved with the organising and to all our sponsors as well.

Not looking forward to the drive home tomorrow though.

Disappointed with how the tail end of the cruise turned out. Too much rushing about, Daryl/Adam/myself were left behind a few times

and there was a particular driver who wouldn't let us in for some reason; which was very frustrating.

I would like to make it very public that after the cruise today at our wind down BBQ, I was upset and somewhat annoyed that the people from out of state got left behind on the last leg of the cruise.

What i didn't understand was why the locals didn't help them out and make sure everyone was ok.

The first part of the morning was tame. the only unforeseen problem was an RBT. This could happen to anyone, anytime. But low and behold, we still bunched backup and all made to the mobil servo pretty much as one group.

My hat now goes off to FI76RE for staying at the back of the pack from the mobil to the pie shop. Again, there were a few gaps generated going thru towns, but still everyone showed up within 10mins at the pie shop.

Then going out the coast, we had our little mate with us that kept the peace within the group, but again, XOOM led the team thru the twisties and out the blowhole. I was last and made sure there was no-one that left behind.

I sad to say, it all kinda went down hill from there. I getting calls from people asking "why are we going back towards jambaroo?". I was the last to leave the blowhole, yet on the highway heading back towards Sydney I see STYLISH is behind me.....WTF......

I'm sorry if this sounds like a rant, but I just cant see why it was so hard to make sure the out of town guys are in the middle of the pack all the time and so them some courtesy. The big beef I have is why fellow members wouldn't let them merge!!!!!

So if I loose mates over this post, so be it. I strongly suggest that people who want to act the they did today and not help there fellow TOCAU members out, shouldn't bother showing up to any cruises around Sydney.

/my 2 cents

Can someone please post up the Show & Shine trophy winners...would love to know who won what.

looks like you guys were blessed with great weather and the cars look awesome from the photos i've seen so far. :)

Can someone please post up the Show & Shine trophy winners...would love to know who won what.

looks like you guys were blessed with great weather and the cars look awesome from the photos i've seen so far. :)

Yeah ditto from me up here too. Pics and a list of winners please...

Bring on Brisbane next year. Will be calling on a few helpers fro next years event. Have a few new things in mind!!

Well what a weekend! Must say I am glad for a sleep in and lazy day today heheheh

Cruise was great (except for the little friend right up my back end thru all those nasty corners) and I loved the view at Kiama, just beautiful! End of the cruise was a bit disappointing and I'm pretty ****** off with what happened to the QLD boys; can't really comment tho as I enjoyed a good highway/freeway run back to Syd and that was certainly long enough! Was absolutely stuffed after it all, so thank god for the sleep in today heheh

Bring on Brisbane next year! :D Am hoping I will be able to make it along, certainly got plenty of time to plan it :lol:

First rest stop on the trip back so I figured I'll take the opportunity to give a massive thanks to Big Pete, Mish, Mark and everyone else responsible for making this meet happen and for their hospitality. Overall the meet was enjoyable and a great way to spend the weekend.

To further explain my last post, I'm not having a go at anyone in particular. I was just expressing my thoughts so that in future, we should be a bit more mindful of what everyone's up to.

The mysterious white Aurion driver that pulled you out of that ditch was me Kenneth, and you're welcome dude

Heya Trent! Thanks again!

I've uploaded some of the photos from the cruise - you can find them here. There is alot more to come! :)

Pete thank you for a great run and any time hope i wasnt giving to many directions from the rear lololol

had a great day and tash Hope u liked the Blues in blue lolol nice green car.

Guys we are hoping to make to QLD next year should be fun.

catch u all soon POWER TO THE AURION!

I would like to make it very public that after the cruise today at our wind down BBQ, I was upset and somewhat annoyed that the people from out of state got left behind on the last leg of the cruise.

What i didn't understand was why the locals didn't help them out and make sure everyone was ok.

The first part of the morning was tame. the only unforeseen problem was an RBT. This could happen to anyone, anytime. But low and behold, we still bunched backup and all made to the mobil servo pretty much as one group.

My hat now goes off to FI76RE for staying at the back of the pack from the mobil to the pie shop. Again, there were a few gaps generated going thru towns, but still everyone showed up within 10mins at the pie shop.

Then going out the coast, we had our little mate with us that kept the peace within the group, but again, XOOM led the team thru the twisties and out the blowhole. I was last and made sure there was no-one that left behind.

I sad to say, it all kinda went down hill from there. I getting calls from people asking "why are we going back towards jambaroo?". I was the last to leave the blowhole, yet on the highway heading back towards Sydney I see STYLISH is behind me.....WTF......

I'm sorry if this sounds like a rant, but I just cant see why it was so hard to make sure the out of town guys are in the middle of the pack all the time and so them some courtesy. The big beef I have is why fellow members wouldn't let them merge!!!!!

So if I loose mates over this post, so be it. I strongly suggest that people who want to act the they did today and not help there fellow TOCAU members out, shouldn't bother showing up to any cruises around Sydney.

/my 2 cents

Wow, what did I miss out on?? :blink:

And you fell in to a ditch!?!?!?

Young: Where were you?

Kenneth: No worries. Pleasure.

Whilst everyone seems to be ranting .... I thought I might as well join in ...................... NOT ........

Ah well, I just headed home from Maccas after I couldn't locate where everyone turned off too.... Twisties can be had for another time .....hehehehe

Kudos to the Sydney mob namely Mish, Mark and Petey for an event/weekend well organised!!! No stones left unturned, No skirts left unflipped, no boobies left unstared. Attention to detail was perfect! I sure had fun everywhere and @ hooters and the blow hole. Have to say that they are a great combo!!!

Next year, Brissy, here i come!!!! Hopefully not alone from Melbourne this time... :rolleyes:

Anyways, just got back to Melb not long ago and once again, curiosity got the better of me. I wanted to see if I could survive on a single tank from Sydney to Melb...

P1000907.jpg

Looks like I can. Screw u Holden and ur SIDI 5h!ts ...... Rolla FTW !!! :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

There should be roughly another 8 - 10 liters left in that tank too ...... That's economy for you guys ...

Total KMs I did over the weekend ....

P1000908.jpg

Not a bad effort. Just serviced the car and a brand new set of tyres ...... Not to mention I showed some of the QLD boys what a rolla can do around corners when equipped right ... :clap:

Finally home, with 1 stiff knee. Thanks for the organising the meet, Mish, Mark and Pete. The cruise was good, other than those few mishaps. The twisties were a bit short though but I guess we brisbanites are spoilt with numerous huge mountains, a stones throw from the cbd.

Nice to put a few faces to cars too! Can't wait for the meet next year!

[edit] And the Camry would have been very close to be able to do the whole trip on 1 tank too. It averaged 7.745L/100km with some drafting behind the mighty beast (Northy) and the pocketrocket (313GNT)!!

Edited by STYLSH

[edit] And the Camry would have been very close to be able to do the whole trip on 1 tank too. It averaged 7.745L/100km with some drafting behind the mighty beast (Northy) and the pocketrocket (313GNT)!!

Always love a good slip streaming ...... :toast: :toast: :toast:

Finally home, sore everything at this stage. I'm even walking bow-legged.

Once again, big thanks to Mark and Mish, BG_Pete, Tash, Bill and the many others who put in their efforts to make this meet (my first one) live up to my expectations and more.

Looking forward to 2011!