toyota recall again. aurion included!

hi, i got the news from BBC NEWS , toyota will recall some V8 and V6 engine because of the valve spring design fault. aurion's V6 engine was involved. as there are about 200 reports show at low speed the valve spring could cause engine stop. this recall will start at Japan first. i got same problem with my aurion. when drive slowly uphills i heard kala-kala noise. my car only 6000KMS. really disappointed with toyota.

Mate, no need to get worried. Read the reports properly and then do a little research. The V6 engine that is affected is the 2GR-FSE which is in the Lexus and not used by the Aurion.

Get a 2jz, heaps better than an aurion engine - twin turbo's rip it up

Real constructive post.....let me know when they start making the 2JZ again, and when the boffins finally get around to working out how to mount it east-west so it actually fits in 90% of Toyota's current range.

The 2GR is no slug of an engine, in fact in FSE form it puts out more than the 2JZGTE, without the need for turbos. And it has been on Ward's 10 Best Engines list for the last 4 years...

All this time on the boards and you make two posts to try and say how much better your Supra is.

I reckon the XR6 will probably win, but come on he's racing an aurion not exactly a sports car - but then again neither is the falcon.

But my Supra on the other hand would cream them both - sorry aurion owners out there

I think I know a place where you will fit in perfectly:

Boostcruising.com

Bah, my 1mz-fe can smoke you all.

Cause it's the best, blah blah boostcrusing blah blah holden-driver mentality blah ignorance blah blah thinly disguised self importance blah.

/story.

Are you f*cking serious? no, really, I genuinely want to know...

First up, explain to me *how* stock for stock a 2JZ is better than a 2GR?

and then, how about you tell me how you would fit one in to an FWD (east-west engined) car?

Hmm, lets compare a little shal we;

2JZ-GE

"The 2JZ-GE is a common version. Output is 220 hp JIS (158 to 169 kW) at 5800 to 6000 rpm and 209 to 220 ft.lbf (283 to 298 Nm) of torque at 3800 to 4800 rpm.

It uses Sequential Electronic Fuel Injection, has an aluminum head and 4 valves per cylinder with some versions using VVT-i, along with a cast iron cylinder block."

2GR-FE

"The 2GR-FE is a 3.5 L (3456 cc) version. Bore remains at 94 mm but stroke is reduced to 83 mm. Reported output varies depending on the vehicle application, but is approximately 285 hp (213 kW) at 6200 rpm with 289 lb·ft (392 N·m) of torque at 4700 rpm on 87 octane (R+M/2). This version features Toyota's Dual VVT-i, variable valve timing on both the intake and exhaust cams. The engine is all alloy."

and for good measure

2GR-FSE

"The 2GR-FSE engine used in the Lexus IS, and GS 350, incorporate Toyota's latest D4-S twin injection fuel system. This system combines direct injection with traditional port injection. Using direct injection and port injection simultaneously facilitates more precise mixing of air and fuel under low and medium load conditions for greater efficiency, while high load conditions dictate the use of direct injection alone for maximum power. The 2GR-FSE engine is rated at 315 PS (232 kW; 311 hp) at 6,400 RPM and 38.4 kg·m (377 N·m; 278 ft·lbf) at 4,800 RPM. The engine's service weight is 174 kg.

The 2GR-FSE was on the Ward's 10 Best Engines list for 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009.[1][2][3][4]"

Yes, the 2JZ is a good engine, but its now over 20 years old and simply will not fit in anything FWD anyway.

And as you can see from the above, the 2GR-F(S)E makes more power from factory (even more than a 2JZGTE too), it will have lower emissions and better fuel economy... engine tech has come a long way in 20 years.

So maybe instead of running around saying how your land yacht of a supra is the best car evar with the best engine evar you will think before you speak.

That leads me to another rant, the amount of morons that have told me to put a 2JZ in my celica is astounding... do people not understand the difference between a FWD(or AWD) (east-west) and a RWD (north-south) engine layout? and with that said, have the seen the size of the celica's engine bay... god I wish people would think more before they spoke.

/rant.

edit: (source, wikipedia)

and then, how about you tell me how you would fit one in to an FWD (east-west engined) car?

2JZ-GE

"The 2JZ-GE is a common version. Output is 220 hp JIS (158 to 169 kW) at 5800 to 6000 rpm and 209 to 220 ft.lbf (283 to 298 Nm) of torque at 3800 to 4800 rpm.

It uses Sequential Electronic Fuel Injection, has an aluminum head and 4 valves per cylinder with some versions using VVT-i, along with a cast iron cylinder block."

2GR-FE

"The 2GR-FE is a 3.5 L (3456 cc) version. Bore remains at 94 mm but stroke is reduced to 83 mm. Reported output varies depending on the vehicle application, but is approximately 285 hp (213 kW) at 6200 rpm with 289 lb·ft (392 N·m) of torque at 4700 rpm on 87 octane (R+M/2). This version features Toyota's Dual VVT-i, variable valve timing on both the intake and exhaust cams. The engine is all alloy."

and for good measure

2GR-FSE

"The 2GR-FSE engine used in the Lexus IS, and GS 350, incorporate Toyota's latest D4-S twin injection fuel system. This system combines direct injection with traditional port injection. Using direct injection and port injection simultaneously facilitates more precise mixing of air and fuel under low and medium load conditions for greater efficiency, while high load conditions dictate the use of direct injection alone for maximum power. The 2GR-FSE engine is rated at 315 PS (232 kW; 311 hp) at 6,400 RPM and 38.4 kg·m (377 N·m; 278 ft·lbf) at 4,800 RPM. The engine's service weight is 174 kg.

The 2GR-FSE was on the Ward's 10 Best Engines list for 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009.[1][2][3][4]"

Yes, the 2JZ is a good engine, but its now over 20 years old and simply will not fit in anything FWD anyway.

And as you can see from the above, the 2GR-F(S)E makes more power from factory (even more than a 2JZGTE too), it will have lower emissions and better fuel economy... engine tech has come a long way in 20 years.

So maybe instead of running around saying how your land yacht of a supra is the best car evar with the best engine evar you will think before you speak.

That leads me to another rant, the amount of morons that have told me to put a 2JZ in my celica is astounding... do people not understand the difference between a FWD(or AWD) (east-west) and a RWD (north-south) engine layout? and with that said, have the seen the size of the celica's engine bay... god I wish people would think more before they spoke.

/rant.

wow. dont mess with mick! you didnt add in the twin-turbs mick? that gives it the extra 300kw on top of the stock 160kw? :P

previous car was celica sx 93', i feel ya.. not much room in there.. not for a 2jz neway

See that's what happens if you don't hug your kids...DUZ YA FULLI HEKTIK SUPRA CUM WIT DA FULLI HEKTIK SIK SUBWOOFA, BRUZ? rolleyes.gif It's probably only a 2JZ-GE anyways so you'd have to resort to this... Watch the non turbo bit. 6:06

Edited by trentmeyer23

this is what happens when you are the best in the business,

when u stuff up a little tiny bit, you get your a$$ smacked.

when GM or Ford stuffs up with endless recalls after recalls, no one gives a damn because its expected that they would produce a higher % of unreliable cars.

i remember when the holden cruze sedan (& not the suzuki ignis cruze) was released in aust, it had already been recalled due to fuel tank issues.

you dont see the toyota rukus being recalled weeks after being released.

anyway, this kind of reaction is expected and typical

bottomline - toyota are still the best but with some reputation holes, but then again, which car manufacturer doesnt?!?!!!!??!?!?!?!?

^ further to the Holden Cruze...

my ex-collegue who drives one for work (visiting schools around regional areas...) and it died on him after 6 months usage...lol

2JZ-GE

2GR-FE

and for good measure

2GR-FSE

/rant.

ohh hahah everybody say it at once now lol OWNEDDDDDDD beat down 2010 is here :lol:

ROFL...........what the fck, i never said anything bout mine bein a stock Supra guys. So get ya tampons out of ur asses. And if u guys really think a fwd heap would beat a "REAL" Japanese built Toyota then next time u see a Supra at the lights give 'em a race and i bet it will still sh*t on ur Australian peice of crap! oh and Mick i neva stated my supra was the best car EVER that was ur call thanks though for the compliment =)

oh and DJ KOR, i have only posted a couple of times as i have a life and friends and dont spend it sittin in front of a computer shootin ppl down for there comments bout recalls and sh*t like u do, get a fckn life and stop bein a nerdy keyboard warrior know it all!

Edited by MizSupra

First of all they are talking stock VS stock, what do you think boosted can do? 2GR-FE isn't only an Australian engine. So if you want to just come here and talk sh*t, p*ss off and do it somewhere else.

First of all they are talking stock VS stock, what do you think boosted can do? 2GR-FE isn't only an Australian engine. So if you want to just come here and talk sh*t, p*ss off and do it somewhere else.

IF YOU OPEN YOUR EYES, i stated mine wasnt stock and i also said if they think there Aurion is faster than a stock Supra to go and vs one.

IF YOU OPEN YOUR EYES, i stated mine wasnt stock and i also said if they think there Aurion is faster than a stock Supra to go and vs one.

I'm with MizSupra, **** all yall Aurion owners. your all a bunch of fags that don't drive real cars. Got your back MizSupra, don't worry about these fools that don't respect your old rusted sports car.

You might make a few more friends if you approached things differently i think, fair enough if you have solid informational proof and provide it. But making comments like u have is only gunna stir people up. Also Daryl isn't exactly a nerdy keyboard warrior, and you'd know that if you met him, yeah he has a lot of posts, but is a good bloke and knows his sh*t. So yeah, you get out what you put in really. smile.gif

Edited by trentmeyer23