Defyant

Moved yet? I have :D I feel your halting of progress though.

Tell me about it!! how'd your move go? i'm still struggling to get this place sorted, no work workshop , new garage a mess... the only joy atm is my new 18" alienware lappy! it's keepin me happy for now but as soon as this weather warms i know i'll need to mod again :D

• 1 month later...

nothing huge but pretty important :D

Big thanks to Chris for giving me this much needed upgrade,

When i removed the orig wing and add ducktail i lost my middle brake light! Which i suppose could be a bust. Swapped the parcel shelfs over , for anyone need to know there is an original blank brake plug just behind the back seat on the passengers side, i added a loom to reach the back.

IMG_7074.jpg

IMG_7075.jpg

IMG_7085.jpg

Also added a sexy new twin LED strip boot light :D

IMG_7079.jpg

IMG_7080.jpg

IMG_7081.jpg

IMG_7082.jpg

Thanks again Chris had a great day get some pics up!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Was gettin itchy feet seeing all the "wheel whores" with their new rims!

I'm still keen to get the title for myself but in the mean time i thought i'd give my rundown set a revamp.

I finally found a local guy to streighten the bent rim and to weld up the nasty gutter rash.

Thought i'd post this up to show a bit of DIY gutter rash repair.

I've also stripped off all nasty PLASTI DIP , stripped sanded and polished the rim and prepped the inner for some sexier 2 pak black goodness.

You guys can see just how bad these rims had gotten.

1-21.jpg

Heres the gutter rash weld repair, pretty crude to start with.

2-21.jpg

about 20 mins work all up.

3-15.jpg

4-12.jpg

5-15.jpg

6-14.jpg

another 30 mins of wet rubbing, 400/800/1200/2000 Prolly dont need to be this degree, but the more work here the less work in the next post.

8-10.jpg

9-7.jpg

10-9.jpg

11-6.jpg

Wet rubbed Primered left to dry ready for a wet rub and some 2k black.

12-4.jpg

13-3.jpg

14-4.jpg

will update again tonight hopefully with some paint on the rims.

nice work on the weld! wouldnt even know. what was nasty about the plastidip?

Cheers Josh Ty mate, plastidip is great to peel off on nice big flat surfaces, but on more intricate shapes it's a real pain!

I ended up using straight turps which devolves it real quick,

It was only ever a temp solution till I decided if I like the black look over the silver.

Cause it's a Matt finish it's very pourus and once dirt sits on it he surface you can't really scrub it clean.

I'll be much happier with the shiny 2k look.

never thought about welding the gutter rashes, good job and its looking good at the moment!

Cheers , tig welding is pretty much the only way to do a proper job im glad i only had one gutter rash :D

Wow Luke thats awesome. I know if or when I gutter rash my wheels I know who to see.

Cheers Rob :) mate, hopefully that day wont come ! those new rims are just too sexy to rash.

you really are the diy masta arnt ya :P

LOL cheers Nood'z, naa more a jack of all trades master of none :P

All done! i get em fitted tomorrow! they look soooooo much better all 2pak boiled lolly & shiny :D

IMG_7520.jpg

IMG_7542.jpg

i like these center caps i might run them instead of the old cheep orig black ones

IMG_7567.jpg

IMG_7571.jpg

never thought about welding the gutter rashes, good job and its looking good at the moment!

Cheers , tig welding is pretty much the only way to do a proper job im glad i only had one gutter rash :D

im guessing the tig welding will only work for metal rims?

Wow! They look so good. Very nice job mate! :D

Cheers jaay , been a long week and a few late nights but seeing them back on the car polished up it's been worth the effort.

Looking good mate :clap:

Thanks Pah :) hopefully some one will take a few snaps at tonights meet

Alloy! tig is for alloy and Mig , stick or arc for steel rims.

Wow! They look so good. Very nice job mate! :D

Cheers jaay , been a long week and a few late nights but seeing them back on the car polished up it's been worth the effort.

Looking good mate :clap:

Thanks Pah :) hopefully some one will take a few snaps at tonights meet

Alloy! tig is for alloy and Mig , stick or arc for steel rims.

oh sweet,thanks for the info !!:D

The difference on the car is amazing! even dirty after 4 days :D

IMG_7665.jpg

IMG_7653.jpg

Sourcing some dress studs now to replace the originals, taking a big liking to these titanium ones!!

http://www.titanium-touch.de/shop/product_info.php?info=p591_Decorative-screw-d6x10.html&XTCsid=ircdrmzz

IMG_7665.jpg

IMG_7653.jpg

Sourcing some dress studs now to replace the originals, taking a big liking to these titanium ones!!

http://www.titanium-touch.de/shop/product_info.php?info=p591_Decorative-screw-d6x10.html&XTCsid=ircdrmzz

How do you remove them, I'm interested in changing mine too

Hey DKzr6,

I have today installed the Eclipse 4 ways in the front (rears on the weekend) and i am not impressed at all with the sound. We build custom pods and baffles and they turned out excellent (pics to follow) however i noticed there is a huge lack of bass response up front now.

Did you end up putting sound deadening to your doors to help seal and reduce noise?

Greg

We have made high quality pods and sealed them real well. Today i put some stinger roadkill on the front doors and toned down the front speakers and they are way too bright (Eclipse 4 ways). I also installed the rears (Ecplise 4ways) today and overall it does sound better but i think am amp would be a better option to work with this upgrade.

Have you noticed the Auto Level setting missing from your menu now after changing all the speakers?

IMG_7665.jpg

IMG_7653.jpg

http://www.titanium-...XTCsid=ircdrmzz

How do you remove them, I'm interested in changing mine too

I like it better without them...looks clean

yer im in two minds myself, i think it's the cheapness of the chrome plated plastic that puts me off, i'll get the titaniums one shipped for a test fit and see.

Looking good Luke :toast: nice work on the mirror indicators and the wheels look great big improvement

Thanks heaps Pete :)

i still see wheel gap luke :whistling:

If you could only see my driveway! already scraped 5mm off the bottom front lip :(

Ive caught the speaker bug! actually i found an old amp packed away from years ago and decided to use it.

After pulling the door trim off to replace the mirror blinker mod i removed the door speaker .....omfg! what a joke.

Straight to Jaycar for 2 sets of 6x9's i copied Silver Aurions thread and made up some adapters to install the new front 6 x9's.

Also decided to try some thing a bit different with the amp mounting panel.

The idea is that it will work as both a wall to mount the amp and as a light wall to light the boot as well.

3-16.jpg

4-13.jpg

an oldie and a cheapy but a goodie.

8-11.jpg

Cheers again to Silver Aurion :) (and posters in orig thread)

11-7.jpg

12-5.jpg

13-4.jpg

14-5.jpg

15-2.jpg

The panel to mount the amp and light the boot

16-1.jpg

18-1.jpg

17-1.jpg

20.jpg

21-1.jpg

19.jpg