2011/12 Toyota Aurion

moggillsx6

I haven’t driven an AT-X didn't overly interest me when we have Presara's and ZR6's too. Sat in Prodigy but that will drive just like Presara. Only difference is the interior which i think is nicer than Presara's as it has a lot less faux wood trim. Prodigy interior with Presara's features would suit me just fine. Much like Presara the ZR6 has grown up a lot on the inside. Much quieter and just an all-round nicer place to be. Makes me a little sad to get back into mine actually haha. Audio systems and their connectivity are great and will keep the average punter more than happy with the JBL Ecoedge system in Presara and ZR6 been more than enough sound for anybody other than those who really love great clean audio. It's pretty good (for factory) but can’t compare to any half decent aftermarket system a few of us run. Sportivo seems to have better body control than it did before and feels "pointer" suspension is on the firm side of things without been bone jarring and id said its defiantly got better low speed ride quality (you know how the old one could be a little jittery?) Brakes i wouldn’t say stop the car any better but it does have a stronger pedal feel. The new EPS has quite an initial dead feel to it just off centre but weights up fine the more lock you wind on. Sportivo does feel more responsive than the luxury model though in its EPS tune however. (Like you would expect) Over all it defiantly is a nicer car to drive and be in. with the new induction design the 2GR-FE does sound slightly different, less sewing machine but it hasn’t got rid of the Singer sound completely. Does however rev even smoother to the redline i think and you can feel a slight bit of performance gain although that could just be the placebo as I’ve been told .3 quicker to 100km/h so want to believe it. U660E is a smarter sharper tool especially in the performance mode in particular on the Sportivo's. Like the Atara's the Paddles are defiantly a good gain and work much better than the centre console shifter. Fairly quick to respond on upshifts but better on down shifts as it blips the throttle. Better but still not as good as say the IS350, GS350 and IS-F systems. However there is the issue with the paddles that because there steering wheel mounted when you have a bit of lock on its easily to lose track of which paddle is + and - but of course you can still use the centre console for when that situation arises.

All in all it's a great natural progression to the vehicle it's just perhaps the looks of the car which may be a sticking point. I Personally are not a huge fan of how Sportivo looks but in saying that i don't mind it in White and blue but maybe I’m just getting old but i like the luxury look of Presara. BUTTTT in 6 months well all be used to how it looks and wondered what all the fuss was about in the first place!

The dealer had a black Sportivo (Saw papers on the dash, implying that the vehicle was sold, so didn't get to sit inside it.) on display while I was participating in the Camry Expo on Monday. In a dark color and in person, it doesn't look as bad as the photos I've seen. If I'm in the market for an Aurion though, I'd probably get the Presara with Ivory interior.

btw, is it just me, or did Toyota remove the power folding mirror feature from the 2012 Aurion Presara? Can't make out the power fold button on the mirror switch panel in the photo below.

2012_toyota_aurion_australia_04_presara_06-0417-m:930x584.jpg

Rear end looks too plastic and weird. Especially on the Sportivo. Looks like they've just glued those weird grill looking things on and thought aw yeah that'll do.

Steering wheel with the controls reminds me of XBox controller. Too busy.

I agree with the above post regarding the sportivo's , it does take a while to get used to a new look, but I think its going to take a looong time to get used to that rear end.

I was coming back from Agfest yesterday down here in Tassie and seen the first white Sportivo we sold that had just been picked up on the highway and coming straight on it actually looked pretty menacing. i think well grow to like the front but the back defiantly is going to need a few drinks before that looks the biz haha.

I saw the ZR6 at the dealership over the weekend..first I saw the front end and I was like thats sharp and when as soon as I saw the rear end that was it..thought to myself I dont have to worry about the new design at all as it isnt anywhere as neat as the older design..i think its gone on steroids or something..the interior is fantastic though..like Adamsy said i think we need to do a lot of drinking to get used to that design lol

The dealer had a black Sportivo (Saw papers on the dash, implying that the vehicle was sold, so didn't get to sit inside it.) on display while I was participating in the Camry Expo on Monday. In a dark color and in person, it doesn't look as bad as the photos I've seen. If I'm in the market for an Aurion though, I'd probably get the Presara with Ivory interior.

btw, is it just me, or did Toyota remove the power folding mirror feature from the 2012 Aurion Presara? Can't make out the power fold button on the mirror switch panel in the photo below.

Power folding mirror? Don't you activate this feature by leaving the switch on L or R rather than in the middle position? I don't think there was ever a separate button for this functionality.

Oh, and it doesn't actually fold the mirror (i.e. folds the wing mirror closer to the car for parking in narrow spaces), it dips both mirrors downwards so you can see the kerb better.

Edited by Beep Beep

Power folding mirror? Don't you activate this feature by leaving the switch on L or R rather than in the middle position? I don't think there was ever a separate button for this functionality.

Oh, and it doesn't actually fold the mirror (i.e. folds the wing mirror closer to the car for parking in narrow spaces), it dips both mirrors downwards so you can see the kerb better.

My memory of a previous-gen. Presara is pretty fuzzy at the moment (Been quite a while since I last sat in an Aussie-spec Presara.), but didn't the mirror switch for that model look like this? (Notice the fold button, to the right of the L/ R selector.) If it didn't come with it, then I might have it mixed up with the South East Asian version.

192_9290963346_661728346_407941_8078_a.jpg

My memory of a previous-gen. Presara is pretty fuzzy at the moment (Been quite a while since I last sat in an Aussie-spec Presara.), but didn't the mirror switch for that model look like this? (Notice the fold button, to the right of the L/ R selector.) If it didn't come with it, then I might have it mixed up with the South East Asian version.

192_9290963346_661728346_407941_8078_a.jpg

Australian spec Presara never had power folding mirrors, and still doesn't.

At least I don't have to worry about sitting there drooling over images of the new model until I eventually blow my savings on one. The Sportivo especially look horrid! IMO the 40 series and even facelift models were a very classy, subtle yet mean looking car, but this is just hurting my eyes...

The specs list would be the only incentive to upgrade as its very very comprehensive for the price. But to me looks are just as important and they've really failed in that department.

At least I don't have to worry about sitting there drooling over images of the new model until I eventually blow my savings on one. The Sportivo especially look horrid! IMO the 40 series and even facelift models were a very classy, subtle yet mean looking car, but this is just hurting my eyes...

The specs list would be the only incentive to upgrade as its very very comprehensive for the price. But to me looks are just as important and they've really failed in that department.

Japan's Camry Hybrid (Which shares the same styling as our Aurion & the South East Asian Camry.) now available as a Daihatsu Altis! The Altis is a mono-spec vehicle this time. Not much offered in terms of dealer option parts. Being a rebadged JDM Camry, that's not an issue though as both cars are basically the same, bar emblems and features. For those not in the know, Toyota owns half of Daihatsu (Since 1999), and shared cars starting with the Toyota Duet (Daihatsu Storia), Toyota Cami (Daihatsu Terios), Toyota Sparky (Daihatsu Atrai) & Daihatsu Altis (Toyota Camry Gracia.)

style_02.jpg

style_04.jpg

interior_02.jpg

http://www.daihatsu....altis/index.htm

Edited by ToyotaFreak

I think that toyota may of sorted out the mechanical parts of this car, making the gear changes sharper and go around corners better. The car has lots of nice features, so the car is now a strong competitor with holden and ford. As for looks, well..... the presara looks classy and elegant like a lexus and the sportivos look like a WRX. I have nothing against the styling of the car, but there will be a facelift model in a couple of years time.... and they will probably readjust the styling of its bumpers and lights..... To be honest i think the new camry/aurion has the wrong lines, the car looks too tall and short like a corolla.... the previous models lines were more unique.

Has anyone bought a new Aurion? I haven't seen a new one on our roads in WA yet!

Just spotted a new Aurion on the streets of Brisbane - unmarked police vehicle. First time I've seen Queensland Police Aurion that is not Sportivo variant - this was a red ATX

i saw a new aurion in sydney, It was a presara. I would have to say that the looks of the car is stupid. The previous aurion looked nothing like a camry, and was a car of its own with unique lines. This thing looked exactly like a 2012 camry, totally wrong, and it looked outdated.... no where near as modern. Such a shame, becuase its a great car with awesome features. Toyota messed this one up :unsure:

i saw a new aurion in sydney, It was a presara. I would have to say that the looks of the car is stupid. The previous aurion looked nothing like a camry, and was a car of its own with unique lines. This thing looked exactly like a 2012 camry, totally wrong, and it looked outdated.... no where near as modern. Such a shame, becuase its a great car with awesome features. Toyota messed this one up :unsure:

Knew you would say that. I agree with you as I just saw one just now on my walks outside work. I nearly puked my lunch out when I saw the new Sportivo driven past me. Dear gods above, the design was so wrong! And it looked smaller than my old car did!

Yep Graphite strikes again. This colour just does not suit Aurions body shape in any way shape or form. Sportivo in graphite is hand me a bucket material lol

Yeah mate the dark colour available is Graphite (1G3) it's actually not a bad colour on prado, Corolla and Kluger but it just doesnt seem to suit the Camry and Aurion for some reason.

i reckon that dark grey suits the new sportivo, seems to balance those big plastic surrounds, blue and red are like wtf, and same with black. silver, grey and white are the best colours. But the car i saw was a presara in black, and it looked like a camry, boring as.