Corolla Strut Braces

Buddha

I've noticed that many Corolla owners here have strut braces fitted, and there seem to be numerous ones available (TRD, Whiteline, etc.)

Is there a big difference between the different ones, and if you have one, what made you buy that particular one?

Cheers.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't really believe in the adjustable idea, coz i think as discussed here before, what's the point of adjusting it anyway?

its merely a way of saying... "we can't make one that fit exactly"

i don't really believe in the adjustable idea, coz i think as discussed here before, what's the point of adjusting it anyway?

its merely a way of saying... "we can't make one that fit exactly"

Exactly, why would u need adjustability when what you need is fixed, tight and secured position. Mine is adjustable, but I don't see any point in having it.

What does the strut brace help with exactly anyway?

Without sounding rude, it braces the struts.....it runs between the top of the two strut towers to reduce the fllex between them

Any car-geeks out there have a better explaination...???

What does the strut brace help with exactly anyway?

When you drive around and for what ever reason the suspension needs to compress, that force will not only go through the suspension itself, it will go through the chassis. It will cause the chassis to flex slightly, so a strut brace is placed between the suspension towers so it becomes harder to flex the chassis. This imprves chassis rigidity and allows the suspension to work better then it did before hand.

Hope thats not too technical ;)

where ??? $70?

hmm i got quoted abt $400 bux fitted for front 24 mm adjustable and rear 22 mm non adjustable...

i got springs for $350 fitted, king ones

once my exhaust is done....gotta do swaybars......but still shoppin around atm, will swaybars do or should i get struts as well?

you think about it really all its is, is a chunk of metal pole between your suspension tops. how effective it is ??? i can personally say that i felt absolutly no difference when i put mine on with stock rims but upon putting new 17" on you actually have to turn the wheel around sharp corners insteading of just resting your hand and turning

you think about it really all its is, is a chunk of metal pole between your suspension tops. how effective it is ??? i can personally say that i felt absolutly no difference when i put mine on with stock rims but upon putting new 17" on you actually have to turn the wheel around sharp corners insteading of just resting your hand and turning

When your doing that big sweeping left hander back onto the Gateway Motorway near SILVABULLIT's house you notice it. I reckno I can get an extra 5kph round that bend with the slut bar alone....

Looking forward to the Kings :P

Damn, you guys are getting ripped...

My strut brace came standard with my car :P :P :P ...

And as for Swaybars, I get the Whiteline's for $145 fixed or $165 adjustable (they vary the link attachment position, so the main bar is solid)...

Damn, you guys are getting ripped...

My strut brace came standard with my car :P  :P  :P ...

And as for Swaybars, I get the Whiteline's for $145 fixed or $165 adjustable (they vary the link attachment position, so the main bar is solid)...

Awwwww, Rolla Boy.... I paid $180 for my adjustable and I'm trying to recoup my cost by selling it on the forum... Looks like no one is going to offer me anything more than $165 now that you've posted this!

ok my turn

I got c-one cause its alloy and weighs nothing. only prob is i have adjustable camber plates and i will have to modify the brace to go bigger than -ve 1.5deg camber as the top hits on the edge of the strut brace.

otherwise it is good at doing what you barley notice it doing.

decreased understeer and front end twist/liftoff

Edited by influx

Here's a question to throw into the mix.

I noticed that the Sportivo as a stock vehicle has barely any torque steer compared to other front wheel drive cars I have owned and driven.

Does anybody feel that the addition of the strut brace (not sway bar) have any impact on the amount of torque steer?

I don't know if there are any other factors that have caused it or not, but I have noticed over the past few weeks, my car's torque steer is a little greater than a few months ago (main difference being the strut brace being fitted).

Could it be that the front end of the car is now a tad more rigid,therfore not absorbing the torque the way it used to.... mmmmmm