Corolla Strut Braces

Buddha

i think i would agree a little barley noticeable though but def more. i thin i have started to notice more because of my suspension setup now too.

all the lift off wheel spin is a little great but only when having to drive on public road so you can use the whole "track" to corner

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone for your replies.

So that I understand it, the strut bar only makes a small difference to the handling, if at all? Therefore, is it worth it for that use, or does it have more "rice" value?

answer a. torque steer

when you power down - from stand still your car will twist causing it to pull the steering or seemingly to the l or r.

answer b. rice or benficial.

if you are going to the track or driving you car hard then a strut brace will help settle the car - if not then yes it is for rice...but does help chassi twist when parked at mcdonalds or going through the drive through at krispy cremes

• 1 month later...
where can i get a trd one???

By emailing me on bsollitt@trdsales.com

Rice value only? When we did the group buy on these last year almost every one emailed me immediately and reported significant improvements in handling.

From our rallying experiences we know that there is an enormous amount of flex at both the top of the strut tower and at the bottom arm mounting.

This item goes part way to curing that.

Azza, I've never considered or discussed the possibility of the strut brace increasing torque steer. But when you think about how it stiffens up that area it's certainly feasible.

Edited by TRD Man

probably because they have a crap strut bar man, can't blame them. Well, I guess it depends on how sensitive you are towards changes made to your car. I did test my strut bar on mountain pass. This particular corner, the car always rub its wheel arch. Now with the strut bar in place, it did not rub.

You have to near limit to see the changes really.

Edited by Danz

I felt the difference at the first corner I threw my car into after it was installed, turn in feels more confident and stable.

But I definetely would stay away from adjustable and where possible (not applicapable to ZZ Corolla's) try and go for a three point bar that also bolts into the firewall ( I think rollaboy had one like this on his old car ).

Torsional Rigidity is the benefit it brings and an adjustable bar will never be as rigid as a solid bar. But with that said, unless you're building a 300km/h track weapon, adjustable units would still bring benefits to Corolla's turn in, but a solid bar is always better.

I felt the difference at the first corner I threw my car into after it was installed, turn in feels more confident and stable.

Same here, I actually couldn't believe the difference it made, MUCH MUCH flater through corners and less understeer. made a huge difference to my car, allthough i did fit it at the same time as my rear sway bar.

Maybe it does come down to the quality of the bar.

well...someone's whiteline's bar snapped...

Buy TRD

Woah... that's amzing. He must hav been turning a really hard corner.

bahhh.... whiteline... typical...

snapped my rear sway bar 3 times... so not entirely suprised that the brace snaps too! :D

haha!

well... the guy maybe went up or down a tall driveway? (that's how my sway snapped)

the strut bolts would be the first to go if anyything at all was to break. i doubt a strut brace would snap....i'd like to see pictures though :D....unless the piece of metal was a particularly dodgy one i doubt it would snap. Sure whiteline strut braces aren't quite as fantastic as more expensive jap brands, but theyre decent for what they ask for them.

well...someone's whiteline's bar snapped...

Buy TRD

Woah... that's amzing. He must hav been turning a really hard corner.

He does. And that's the function of strut bar, to work during hard cornering. Obviously it fails.

Well, if you guys are serious about strut bar, and buying it for function, grab something like TRD. Not dissing whiteline, but hey, consumer gets the final say whether its good or not right?

Go figure.

The bracket the pipe is mounted on that bolts to the strut tower needs a slight modification. Just bend it down a little until your happy with the clearance. But don't go too far or you'll crack the pipe. I've done somewhere between 5 and 10 braces now and bending the bracket slightly and no problems whatsoever. :D

The bracket the pipe is mounted on that bolts to the strut tower needs a slight modification. Just bend it down a little until your happy with the clearance. But don't go too far or you'll crack the pipe. I've done somewhere between 5 and 10 braces now and bending the bracket slightly and no problems whatsoever. :D

i dont want to bend that pipe what so ever

if it needs to go down low

ill make it go down low hahaha

with no bending of course

on the topic of strut bars, has anyone with a facelifted model got a front TRD one? i'm looking to buy but bruce says his checking with TRD to make sure they fit

I've got a face lifted sportivo Aug 2005 got TRD Strut brace from bruce fits fine.