Worst Thing You've Eaten

Went out to dinner with the family tonight and ordered a lobster.

A few minutes later the waiter came back with a small bowl of what I thought were very thin noodles.

So my dad asked us if we wanted any and I said what is it?

My dad says brains and I'm like eww WTH from what?

He said the lobster, so do you wanna try some?

I was a bit hesitant but I tried some and it was the worst thing I've ever eaten.

My dad said its a delicacy in some countries and that its good for the er "brain"

So whats yours TOCAU members?

anything natural(e.g.vegetables)

or without sugar.

XD

seafood is high on the list, but worst id say is a toss up between mayonaise, fish or raw bloody meat.

Isn't it strange how a "delicacy" is often some weird food that is edible in the technical sense but actually tastes like ****?

Damn that Balut, that is nasty.

I think the worst I've had is a bad meat pie, where I swear the meat was a shade of purple.

Worst thing i ever ate was one of these

eco-weight-lead-sinker31.jpg

led fishing sinker

i was young and didn't know what it was (thought it was a lolly) so i ate, that was a really bad mistake Spent so much time in hospital with led poisoning

Edited by cruzer

Coriander...this sh!t tastes like perfume,can't have it in any meal as i will taste it and not eat it :(

and oily fish such as sardines ect ect....wow this crap stinks from the get go

Coriander...this sh!t tastes like perfume,can't have it in any meal as i will taste it and not eat it :(

Same here. And any other strong smelling/tasting herbs or veges like onions, parsley and shallot.

Dish wise, it's probably the Japanese Natto. Smells and looks like rotten food. Even some of the Japanese I know hate it.

The worst I have eaten was a bite of a Balut. Could not bring myself to eat the entire thing. Never... again.

Hehehehe i looooooveeee that thing !! (though lots of my mates hate it, they hated the hairs on the duck bit ;) )

-its a filipino thing :P-

anywhoo, went to yumcha for lunch one time, and they brought out this wierd thing, didnt know what it was, so we took it, it was "duck tounge" gross enough as it sounds, no one tried it - grew some balls and it - ohhh mannn the WORST ! never eating them again D: !

The worst I have eaten was a bite of a Balut. Could not bring myself to eat the entire thing. Never... again.

I was waiting for someone to say Balut, Filo food is the best, but this is something I'll never try again...... ever!

Not so much eaten as swallowed, but, my multi. Smells like my wheelie bin and doesn't taste much better, and repeats on you for half the morning. Delicious.

One of my friends loves her steak blue. I can't bring myself to try it. Medium-well or GTFO, thanks.

YUM! its usually the half grown duck, though i hate the white hard part inside this. i never knew the english name for this and now i know. :D with pepper and salt and vietnamese hot mint! i shall give u some "balut" when u come here next year for the annual D. how about a tray full? LOL Ggg.gif

Not exactly food but ive gotta say it when i copped a mouth full (didnt swallow) of radiator coolant as i was under the rolla doing the engine change. That stuff is ferral! Beer chaser fixed up the bad taste.

YUM! its usually the half grown duck, though i hate the white hard part inside this. i never knew the english name for this and now i know. :D with pepper and salt and vietnamese hot mint! i shall give u some "balut" when u come here next year for the annual D. how about a tray full? LOL Ggg.gif

I know what it is.. it's called an embryo, fetus, hasn't had a chance at life yet, still birth.

altho, I'm guilty of having tried it once.. wasn't the best experience I tell ya

I know what it is.. it's called an embryo, fetus, hasn't had a chance at life yet, still birth.

altho, I'm guilty of having tried it once.. wasn't the best experience I tell ya

So.... you're a pro-lifer then?

My views on abortion notwithstanding, this 'delicacy' sounds awful. I'll stick with my scrambled with bacon.

I have eaten some pretty awful things in the name of being an invited guest but I don't remember anything much worse than 'Salty Plums'. I can't understand why anyone would want to eat something that tastes this disgusting.

I have eaten some pretty awful things in the name of being an invited guest but I don't remember anything much worse than 'Salty Plums'. I can't understand why anyone would want to eat something that tastes this disgusting.

An acquired taste. I used to eat it when trying to stay awake. I love it.

In Japan we used to go out and eat raw horse meat down with sake. I wonder how many here would be willing to try it.

Edited by P_T

An acquired taste. I used to eat it when trying to stay awake. I love it.

In Japan we used to go out and eat raw horse meat down with sake. I wonder how many here would be willing to try it.

Mmmmmm Salty plums don't sound that bad now. Nom nom nom

mine is lambs fry n bacon...

was really hungry and thought 'lamb n bacon, two awesome foods i love for dinner'

got through the bacon, no problems,

then took 1 bite of said lamb... didn't taste like lamb i had had before...

then all my friends are like "you know what that is right?"

then found out it was... liver :unsure:

didn't eat anymore after that.

Evo