EOI for VICTORIANS: BLACK SPUR CRUISE

i have quit so i have no worries but to my friends please be careful. recently a young man lost his life there and it really hits home when you think about it. on the times i have been we have lost 2 cars. good organisation and knowing who you are driving with is important especially at night. day time is boring but a lot safer.

sorry to spoil it but i think it is important to know if you organise this to think about it. imagine crashing your precious sportivo or worse to tell a parent the worse news they could hear. go slow we all think we are good drivers.

Edited by kcorro

Black Spur, is not for the faint of heart. Careless driving is an absolute no no there. So please be very careful if you guys go there. In particular, there is 1 corner that lives up to the name Black Spur, and that's where things can get very ugly. Very.

Have fun but don't be heroes when driving the Black Spur.

No matter how much you think you know the road it will always throw a surprise at you and there's alot of trees to hit and cliffs to drop off.

One thing also to keep in mind is alot of families use the road to travel to and from Lake Eildon, that means car loads of kids and 4wd's towing boats.

Be sensible and have fun.

Yeah guys, I like the idea of a nice drive but nothing too hardcore eh? or better yet, we can do black spur but big bum and I can lead the way :)

nothing like a couple of FAT autos to make sure everyone drives slowly!

I agree guys. I've been on the Black Spur a few times and once I skidded pretty badly (ILivfor6 will testify to that) and almost hit the wall or worst off the cliff.

It's a good fun run but the roads are pretty damp all the time due to the foilage above.

Yeah but you nutters went there in winter, this time of the year the roads are better...ask Carlo about overtaking the friggen commo with a trailer :) . Black Spur is where my corolla decided it was time to dance ;) and boy did it wiggle its a$$......Ive been there a couple of times, nice scenery but if im going there its gona have to be a calm relaxed drive as theres alot of overtaking with blind corners, all it takes is one guy to overtake then the rest to follow, and eventually someone will have a head on. Lets do the Drag day first and make a cruise of it going to Heathcote :D

this time of the year the roads are better...ask Carlo about overtaking the friggen commo with a trailer :) .

That d!ck took the trophy as the world's most stupid a$$hole. :o

perhaps a milder run then?

maybe leave the black spur for another time...

id like a good relaxed cruise.. plenty of chances to take photos etc

I might start exploring and see what i can find  take a few notes etc

I'll organise a run to Mornington to soon, like I did last year as the weather gets warmer. :)

Where is this Black Spur? Anyone got a Melway Ref?

I agree with everyone here, no heroics on dangerous runs.. play it safe boys.

Did anyone say?  Advanced Driving Course.  I would fully recommend and highly suggest this to improve you skill levels.  I have attending three so far and fully recommend investing in these educational courses, money well spent.

How about you guys organise a Melbourne Adv Driving Course day? :D

Edited by Chompies

i agree with most of the comments abt the Black spur....its one of the best drives with tight and blind corners and all..but also very dangerous....ive been der abt 2 or maybe 3 times..loved it but u got to b very careful der....even wen things are planned wel...accidents happen and things go wrong....its not a road wer you try and find out how hard you can push ur car...if you dont know..dnt even think abt pushin it hard...

and as for track day..i'd love to go to an advance driving course....just can be alil pricey...but i guess if we bring it up now and set a future date..we can all save up for it....