D2 Coilovers

Dead

Can anyone tell me what the spring rates are for the D2s?

I know these so far

Cusco have 7kg/mm front, 5kg/mm rear

G4 have 7.5kg/mm front, 6.2kg/mm rear

would be nice to include the D2 data as well :)

Cheers in advance...

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me what the spring rates are for the D2s?

I know these so far

Cusco have 7kg/mm front, 5kg/mm rear

G4 have 7.5kg/mm front, 6.2kg/mm rear

would be nice to include the D2 data as well :)

Cheers in advance...

I shall ask Master BanGn. I believe they are the same as the G4's in street trim. The track one's? WOA hahaha stiffer than the cusco's even I thnk?

Assuming the track spec D2s are stiffer then the street spec... a fair assumption to make... then the Cuscos would be softer then all of them. But nice and comfy yet stable...

Yeah you pay for what you get with cusco's. I just need something decent, but not over the top. The D2's seem to be the sweet spot. BanGn had track D2's and now he has Street one's. He said they're still firm yet it's a bit easier on his kidneys :lol:

whats the point of getting coilovers if your not going to do track work... seems stupid.. this is just a general comment and not aimed at anyone i just dont see the point.. and everyone can say you can drop your car on its nuts etc.. but how often do you do that.. maybe never..????

whats the point of getting coilovers if your not going to do track work... seems stupid.. this is just a general comment and not aimed at anyone i just dont see the point.. and everyone can say you can drop your car on its nuts etc.. but how often do you do that.. maybe never..????

there are a few lowriders on this forum including myself, i ride around 6cms off the ground daily, what springs will let u do that while maintaining ride quality.

^^^thats fine, since your making use of there abilities.. i've been in a couple of stivos with coilovers riding say 30cm drop so a standard king spring lowering and the ride is painful with coilovers could develop hemeroids from all the sudden drops and kicks hurts your **** and your back..

^^^thats fine, since your making use of there abilities.. i've been in a couple of stivos with coilovers riding say 30cm drop so a standard king spring lowering and the ride is painful with coilovers could develop hemeroids from all the sudden drops and kicks hurts your **** and your back..

some coilovers just like to see the mountains :P :P

Lmao it's whoring...but...it's like, still a discussion over coilovers. What are you running atm suspension wise man? I'm just stuck with 35mm drop with Lovells Sport lows.

Currently got Tein S-Tech springs on shot, stock shocks. They are getting a little bouncy these days, and I'm itching to get back to the track, and need to upgrade before then. I don't want to put any more stress through these shocks then needs to right now.

I just wanna ride lower, and be able to corner better, a lot better. Riding low on 65mm drop super low's is ok I guess, but if you put something in the car? Spring sag. I like the idea of coilovers because it's like riding around on 4 poles. I was going to get rims, but then I thought, "No...wait I'll spend the money on something that will actually enhance the performance of my car.". That's all.

"No man is mountain...except banGn"

Oh yeah hey spec_black...post something. I wanna see the funny big balled wolf thing in your avatar hahahaha.

Edited by bADbOYz

I thought that getting HD shocks will stop the car from sagging with people in the car...Correct me if im wrong

It will but not much. Will sit sag somewhat. Coilover's = poles lol. Like potholes? hahaha.

I thought that getting HD shocks will stop the car from sagging with people in the car...Correct me if im wrong

It will but not much. Will sit sag somewhat. Coilover's = poles lol. Like potholes? hahaha.

Ive got shot shocks and im riding on king superlows, when i put 3 people in the back of my car the drop is only minimal (1 - 1.5 cm max)...In the end is your choice, do you want a super stiff ride and be able to take it to the track and get good results or do you want a stiffer than stock ride and be able to take it to the track and do ok...Thats if you want to take it to the track

Ive got shot shocks and im riding on king superlows, when i put 3 people in the back of my car the drop is only minimal (1 - 1.5 cm max)...In the end is your choice, do you want a super stiff ride and be able to take it to the track and get good results or do you want a stiffer than stock ride and be able to take it to the track and do ok...Thats if you want to take it to the track

1 - 1.5 cm???? Are you sure? I have 35mm drop only and when I have 3 people in the back I have like...no gap left. It sags like crap. Plus my shocks aren't shot. Interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

im getting d2 coilovers direct from the manufacture

got quoted $1350 shipped to my house

cheapest ive seen so far

whoa...last post was 7th June

hmm..im posting abit late

Who cares if you're posting late lol. Spec...where did you get that price from? Are you SURE they are for the ZZE122/123 chassis though? Last time I looked $1350 was for Honda based chassis etc. Ours cost more 'apparently'.

I know a certain supplier who would be interested to know of this price.