D2 Coilovers

Dead

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These D2's are pretty good.. ill b going hard on it on the way home in an hr to see what they r made of ... got to test it gear 1 and 2 on a few turns today .. felt like i was hugging the curve... def. worth every penny .. "bang for your buck" as Danz would say :D

ill upload pix later..

You guys with the D2s i just have a quick question, can u adjust your rear damping easily. As when you install them, there is a metal peice blocking me from inserting my hex tool in properly, like only 1cm difference. So i have instead used pliers to adjust the rears which is quite annoying. Im going to cut my hex tool top so i can insert and adjust the rears more easily.

thnx in advance

You guys with the D2s i just have a quick question, can u adjust your rear damping easily. As when you install them, there is a metal peice blocking me from inserting my hex tool in properly, like only 1cm difference. So i have instead used pliers to adjust the rears which is quite annoying. Im going to cut my hex tool top so i can insert and adjust the rears more easily.

thnx in advance

i havent tried adjusting the rear dampner

ill do that tommorow and tell ya

These D2's are pretty good.. ill b going hard on it on the way home in an hr to see what they r made of ... got to test it gear 1 and 2 on a few turns today .. felt like i was hugging the curve... def. worth every penny .. "bang for your buck" as Danz would say :D

ill upload pix later..

Indeed it is bang for your bucks. Easy on the camber now, no more than 2.0 degree negative.

Hmmm...now i see three different shape of D2s. This one, BanGn's one, and the silver monotube one with long spring. This should be the latest one aye?

Edited by Danz

Indeed it is bang for your bucks. Easy on the camber now, no more than 2.0 degree negative.

Hmmm...now i see three different shape of D2s. This one, BanGn's one, and the silver monotube one with long spring. This should be the latest one aye?

yep, the receptionist told us this is their latest design

just a few minor things enhanced though

Just letting everyone know that you can get D2s off ebay for our cars for $1200. Im assumming they fit even thought they say its for altis. My G4s are for the altis as well so yeah....should fit

D2s

Altis is Asia/USA version of corolla, they are different in bodyshape panels - other than that is all the same. So if you buy coilover from taiwan, buy the one for Altis and you're good to go.

ill upload pix later..

yeah .. mine and spec_blacks wont identical which was funny .. apparrently my coilover was abit shorter.

By the way, you guys mind measuring the diametre of the monotube?

And, was the receptionist a woman? She is very helpful that lady.

ill tkae the measurements tommorow when theres light lol

yes the lady was very helpful

she knew what she was talking about too

and sounds abit honkie ;)

Shorter you said? I think i know why.

Now, before you guys start playing with the height, unless you guys already realised that you can lower the car without lowering the spring perch. Instead, you raise the hub connector or the body as I like to call it. By doing so, your coilover becomes a shorter suspension, and this don't sacrifice shortening the travel of the strut which is what will happened when you lower the coilover by the spring perch.

You can only do this for your front because the rear do not have seperate hub connector like the front.

Edited by Danz

Shorter you said? I think i know why.

Now, before you guys start playing with the height, unless you guys already realised that you can lower the car without lowering the spring perch. Instead, you raise the hub connector or the body as I like to call it. By doing so, your coilover becomes a shorter suspension, and this don't sacrifice shortening the travel of the strut which is what will happened when you lower the coilover by the spring perch.

You can only do this for your front because the rear do not have seperate hub connector like the front.

I'm bringing it back to the suspension place tomz.. as i am new to this suspension langauge :lol:

U can adjust it by making the suspension shorter

OR

U can adjust it by making ur spring longer.

IF you make ur spring longer ur sussy is gonna be softer

BUT

IF you make the suspension shorter your car will be lower with no negative effects to the suspensions performance