D2 Coilovers

Dead

Tony, Steve, Vyets, Johnny, Brian, Dylan...

I have them.

I touched them :o

now come up to Sydney on the weekend and install them with me :)

oooo, I'll let you know mate. cheers ;)

yes johnny, I creamed myself haha

Edited by bADbOYz

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony, Steve, Vyets, Johnny, Brian, Dylan...

I have them.

I touched them :o

now come up to Sydney on the weekend and install them with me :)

oooo, I'll let you know mate. cheers ;)

yes johnny, I creamed myself haha

lol :lol:

whos next in line? kaze? hehe

ohhhh yer early next week boys earlyyyy next weeeeeekk....

Sweet!! ill brace my self with boxes of tissues!?!! B) LOL i hope i get them for 120 man i really do cuz im broke after this!!

ok DANZ?!! lolz master of suspension lolz obviously im getting them next week coz they had to order it in cuz SOMEFEW GUYS BROUGHT THEM ALL!?!!? not naming any one!! *cough COUGH*

what should i tell them to set the settings to??? im only gonna be street not tracking them yet cuz my tyres sux balls so what should i tell them exactly???!!!! ill probly get lyk a one and a half finger gap or two even. Any advice will do helpfully

Cheers

Steve,

Steve,

Edited by KaZe-StiVo

i am already getting the track one so when i get it would i have to tell them that i want the coils installed lyk by the coils or springs or somthing and if i want it hard or soft??? i dont know bout suspensions man lolz

ps. i meant i was only gonna be street driving lol not street coilovers im getting the same as tonys so it will be track one.

Cheers Steve,

Edited by KaZe-StiVo

nice photochop bro :P :P

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA you got me hahahaha

It'll look like that next week though haha. This was a test of my photoshopping ability (and to stir johnny and tony lol). Obviously it didn't work lmao.

PS: Wei Wei, you look like Eskimo Joe's tour drummer haha.

Mine are in... took as about 4-5 hours with fumbling around a but for the right tools and Mario and Jase wiring Mario's amp at the same time. Had a fun day :)

A bit of noise coming from the rear (rattles) will check it out tomorrow and tighen everything up a bit I think.

Bit had a run down Mount Keira on the way homd and it has sooooo much gri-p and very little roll. I've not even got a strut brace or my TRD rear swaybar in yet :D

cant wait :)

found the cause of the rattles.

My rear right had pillow top had the rubber slide of, so it was sitting on the bump stops. I think it wasn't secure properly when we put it on as I remember feeling something strange when it was put on but thought nothing of it at the time as it was the way it came off the stock shocks. :o

But all fixed now, took about 1.5 hours to take the rears out again so I could check both sides were OK... and 1 more socket :lol::lol::lol: ... but it's all good now :)

hey those with D2's fitted onto their corollas can you please post up your settings? so maybe we can learn off each other

ill start

i got D2 Coilovers track spec

fitted to a corolla sportivo

no spare tyre at the rear and running on light weight rims

camber setting is -0.75

lowered to 100mm off the ground

default damper setting was at 18 front/rear (0 = softest, 36 = hardest)

i felt this was very bumpy so i moved to 0 front/rear (max soft)

this setting is ok but the rear seems to kick up on deep ditches as the rear is lighter than the front

so then i set to 0 Front and 12 Rear

This setting works well all around melbourne as i was testing it today

however i found that st albans and delahey has the sh!ttest roads so these setting have no affect on comfort

therefore you'll have a headache driving in st albans n delahey's residential roads

the main roads are fine though

at 0 front/rear handling was 10/10 but the ride comfort was about 7/10 (3/10 for st albans + delahey)

0 front and 12 rear handling became 8/10 and comfort 8/10 (7/10 for st albans + delahey)

balancing out the comfort and handling is what i was looking for so i stuck with 0 front and 12 rear for now

however im still trying to find a setting that'll work for st albans and delahey

niCe tony!! ill probly go 0/0 front and rear cuz i got a spare tyre in there and mine are alos light weight rims so yer is it hard to change the back settings do u have to take off the plastic thingys?

Steve,

you need to take the rear trim out to adjust the rears but I've got that down to a 15 minute job these days :)

that's to take out, adjust, re-fit ;)

yeah just take the rear trim out

its not that bad just annoying ripping it off then putting it bak

My fronts are setted 0.50

and rears are 0.25

:)

let me tell u guys this.. riding on 18s feels like im driving without tyres.

heart pumps when u see ditches .. like ur going down a rollacoaster! :o :unsure: <_<

you need to take the rear trim out to adjust the rears but I've got that down to a 15 minute job these days :)

that's to take out, adjust, re-fit ;)

Guide? :D

i havent tried it yet but some instructions will prompt me moreso.

would love to make my rear a bit softer

next time I do it I'll do a step by step photo guide but here's the orderyou do things

before you start, lay seats forward!!!

1) take out spare wheel cover

2) tool trays (10mm socket is your friend)

3) plastic boot door sill (10mm socket again)

4) take out child restraint hook (12mm socket)

5) lift the spring board by lifting from the plastic support underneath it (do left side then right side, directly below the black press tacks so you don't break the board) it should just pop out.

6) take off the side bolsters of the rear seats (10mm socket at the base and should just lift out)

7) take out the black bolt holding the trim by the seat belt return (10mm socket or screwdriver)

8) starting from the boot forward, use a screwdriver to pry the side trimming off the wall (DO NOT PULL THE TIMMING OUT AS IT WILL BREAK) if you do it right the clips should just pop out and you can lift the trimming off with no effort at all.

9) unclip the light in the left hand trimming...

10) put everything back in the reverse order!!! :D

next time I do it I'll do a step by step photo guide but here's the orderyou do things

before you start, lay seats forward!!!

1) take out spare wheel cover

2) tool trays (10mm socket is your friend)

3) plastic boot door sill (10mm socket again)

4) take out child restraint hook (12mm socket)

5) lift the spring board by lifting from the plastic support underneath it (do left side then right side, directly below the black press tacks so you don't break the board) it should just pop out.

6) take off the side bolsters of the rear seats (10mm socket at the base and should just lift out)

7) take out the black bolt holding the trim by the seat belt return (10mm socket or screwdriver)

8) starting from the boot forward, use a screwdriver to pry the side trimming off the wall (DO NOT PULL THE TIMMING OUT AS IT WILL BREAK) if you do it right the clips should just pop out and you can lift the trimming off with no effort at all.

9) unclip the light in the left hand trimming...

10) put everything back in the reverse order!!! :D

SICK KEINT! :P

thanx moite!

Coilovers are nice, but wait till the rattles begin in your cabin :P :P :P . I have quite a few, but just turn the music up.

I though u run the coils harder in the front, im running 8 front and 6 rear. But mine are only 24way. I had 18 front and 12 rear from factory. Handling was awesome but it was hella bumpy, u learn to dodge every pothole on the road, becomes instinct. :P . Our so called sport seats are the major let down i noticed now, you can corner faster but your ***** slides all over the place.

lmao that soo tru our seats suck B*LLs im saving for some recaros soon >.< ooOO

psst tony

so when i go install my coilovers should i tell them say i want.... 0 setting for the front/rear and then i say 1/2 or 3/4 soft??? is that right and install the coils from the bracket or somthing lyk that yer??

Cheers Steve,

Edited by KaZe-StiVo