D2 Coilovers

Dead

He's flat out atm preparing his car for the weekend (group N round) and then has a muscle car meet to attend the next weekend. I'm calling him next week though so I'll ask him then man. No harm in doing so, hopefully he'll have the time.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he means the screws that are used to tighten the support for the front sway bar, as opposed to the actual allan keys... mine didn't have allan key either, but I had one in my kit that matched the screws ;)

for that part even if you got it from d2 in the box i suggest you to go to repco and find the replacement bolt in high tensile steel. i do not know if d2 changed their production of this part but previously was not true steel and would break and you know you need to do up the front sway bar tight

bumping this topic...

I had me right front strut blow out on me last Friday (G4, not D2). One week after my trip to Wakefield Park... :huh:

i sold my d2 a few years ago to a friend and later one of his fronts were leaking. for your information inside 1 year warranty you get it replaced free but outside would cost upwards of $150 per shock

I think he means the screws that are used to tighten the support for the front sway bar, as opposed to the actual allan keys... mine didn't have allan key either, but I had one in my kit that matched the screws ;)

for that part even if you got it from d2 in the box i suggest you to go to repco and find the replacement bolt in high tensile steel. i do not know if d2 changed their production of this part but previously was not true steel and would break and you know you need to do up the front sway bar tight

OK, 1st question why does that section need to be done up THAT tight, it needs to be tight but not overly so, you'll just end up damaging the thread on the insert? There is also the fact that the strut itself will turn in the sleave negating the purpose for having done up those bolts so tight to begin with.

bumping this topic...

I had me right front strut blow out on me last Friday (G4, not D2). One week after my trip to Wakefield Park... :huh:

i sold my d2 a few years ago to a friend and later one of his fronts were leaking. for your information inside 1 year warranty you get it replaced free but outside would cost upwards of $150 per shock

I was planning of buying a set of spare inserts once the warranty is up so I can have 1 set good while the other gets rebuilt, and so on... ;)

$150 for an insert isn't that much to pay... better then a whole new kit anyway :rolleyes:

:D I just got quoted $1200 + delivery to my door for D2's track OR street !!! :lol: *JOY*

memphis@chariot.net.au for enquiries

use this item to track down their ebay store:

#290020232311 *note this is only for reference for store, not part as it is for the old school 89' corolla ;)

:D I just got quoted $1200 + delivery to my door for D2's track OR street !!! :lol: *JOY*

memphis@chariot.net.au for enquiries

use this item to track down their ebay store:

#290020232311 *note this is only for reference for store, not part as it is for the old school 89' corolla ;)

:P Project El Cheapo finds yet another bargain :lol:

Does taht mean Carlo, you may invest in some??!?! :o ....what about madwog? *chant with me...*madwog**madwog* *ummkachaka ummka ummka ummkachaka*

Does taht mean Carlo, you may invest in some??!?! :o ....what about madwog? *chant with me...*madwog**madwog* *ummkachaka ummka ummka ummkachaka*

Not for me, don't need it.

just changed my d2 coilover settings to all HARD and it rockss!! :D also just installed my rear trd sway bar >.< oh man its MAD!!!! 10x difference with the sway bar ^^ a must!!!

Steve,

All hard?

Dude the front is going to be bouncing a fair bit, same with the rear. Be careful man.

until you hit bumps on the exit of corners and unweight the inside wheel... then you'll be wishing you had an LSD just like I am right now... :(

bumps such as that only exist on the street and if you are running that hard then that sounds like street racing to me. How often do you treat the street like Wakefield park man? Unless you are visiting the track often/street racing/being a "mountain run" wh0re the cost for an LSD in one of these cars hells is not worth it IMO - 2k minimum just to stop the inside wheel lighting up when you are in Schumacher mode....blah

i mean if you were running some serious horsepower it would be different :P

Wow, the coilover topic still goes on.

Well, I recently received couple or three PM about coilovers. So that indicates people are still interested in purchasing coilovers. Oh yeah, I recently tried GAB coilover for Corolla.

Best of luck for those who are in the market for coilovers.

Wow, the coilover topic still goes on.

Well, I recently received couple or three PM about coilovers. So that indicates people are still interested in purchasing coilovers. Oh yeah, I recently tried GAB coilover for Corolla.

Best of luck for those who are in the market for coilovers.

haha, what can i say? Some people like it stifF? :P ...maybe there should a pinned section dedicated for Dr. Danz, Dr Map 81, Dr BangN, Dr Bad Boyz, Dr Northy, Dr. Pippy and other Dr. Coil overppls for consultation ? - i'm currently shopping for some, and i'm sure other people are as well?

Edited by RME1

Now now, I know a lot of us love coilovers but its not a neccessity. If we were to have a Coilovers sticky thread, then we'd (if needed) have to have one for sway bars, struts, springs, and all sorts of other suspension parts. If we had a sub section for "Suspension" alone, then it would deffinately be sticked. Y'all get my drift?

This is a great thread full of valuable information regarding D2 coilovers. Anyone in the future could question someones comment or add anything useful. Closing it would take it away :(

Don't get me wrong fellas, I want bloody sub sections too. It's a bloody must. Imagine that, a subsection for suspension. wOOOOOO :D I'll try start with that.

• 2 weeks later...

bumping this topic...

Good news. I took the car in to Just Jap, they assessed it and agreed the strut had definately spat a hell of a lot of oil all over the place. The car at this stage was feeling like the wheel would fall off on every slow speed bump, surprisingly, on the highway it still felt fine.

But I took the strut back today and they changed the insert over and now it's riding beautifully again. I still stand by the quality of these parts, and the even better after sales service I've received. They said they have had 3 returns (for the same reason as me) in the 12 months or so they have been selling them, which isn't a bad record.

I'm still very happy with my purchase :D

Well last weekend the left strut decided it prefered to have the oil on the driveway instead of inside the insert where it belongs. So now that one has gome back to Just Jap and replaced with a new one now too. They guys have done some ringing of the head office in Japan and apparently there was a batch of inserts that have shown a 30% failure rate over in Asia. It was a one of issue that was resolved but I'm assured that the new inserts are not from this batch, though they suspect that the old ones were.

Mine was the 1st in Australia to have 2 struts go. The are just a couple more that have had 1 go. Luck of the draw I guess, but they have given me a 24 month full replacement warranty instead of the standard 12 month, due to the inconvenience.

hi all with my d2 coilovers when i drive i hear a click click click click noise coming from the top right wheel or coil and when i drive next to a wall on my right or a car or somthing the sound rebounds off there and gets louder does anyone know how to fix this problem?? ive check all the bolts and **** so yer?

cheers Steve,

hi all with my d2 coilovers when i drive i hear a click click click click noise coming from the top right wheel or coil and when i drive next to a wall on my right or a car or somthing the sound rebounds off there and gets louder does anyone know how to fix this problem?? ive check all the bolts and **** so yer?

cheers Steve,

'

I think its ur TRD short shifter.. lemmi trial it on my car to see if the problem can b fixed?