D2 Coilovers

Dead

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check the swaybar linkages, I had a similar problem and by repostion the swaybar links into a better spot and tightenning everything up it went away.

May also be the strut tops.

Best bet is just to tighten it all up and see how it goes.

• 1 month later...

Wow, the coilover topic still goes on.

Well, I recently received couple or three PM about coilovers. So that indicates people are still interested in purchasing coilovers. Oh yeah, I recently tried GAB coilover for Corolla.

Best of luck for those who are in the market for coilovers.

do you have parts number? ghow much is it and where do you get this from?

TRD

do you have parts number? ghow much is it and where do you get this from?

TRD

I actually paid for mine yesterday.

Email: info@d2racingsports.com.au

I told them I wanted it for my 03 corolla hatch track spec..etc.., and asked if it was D2-T01 (but they never confirmed it <_<). anyway i paid $1350 delivered to Bris :)

is it fit our rolla zze122? also, is it stiff or soft? i am using it as daily drive and i am looking for the one comfort and better handling. and i need to lift up the car since it is under street limit. can they do that.

is it fit our rolla zze122? also, is it stiff or soft? i am using it as daily drive and i am looking for the one comfort and better handling. and i need to lift up the car since it is under street limit. can they do that.

read the whole tread and u'll get most if not all the info u need

i havent got mine yet (on its way) so i cant comment, but with coilovers u can adjust to any height u want.

• 3 weeks later...

Was goin to post something earlier but thought i'd wait until i took it on the track (since its track spec)

All i can say is WOW... im assuming with most (if not all) coilovers it changed the car completely.

Handling is amazing, and taking corners are that much more fun. :clap:

At first it took a lil getting used to the bumpy ride but it has soften up a lil (esp after the track day).

Speaking of track.. i'll just say that i went 6secs faster :D ...and still room to improve (only my 2nd outing :) )

A special mention to D2, they were fast and efficent, and the package arrived on the promised date. and the accessories that came with are very useful.

Thanks to the ppl on this tread for pointing out this :clap:

Another happy customer

I'm getting to a stage where I need to decide on whether to get Koni's or a set of D2 in street spec. Looking for comfort just slightly harsher than factory, and will probably visit the track about twice a year...

Is the the D2 street spec fairly comfortable ? I don't want to bounce and feel every crack on the road.

Can someone make any recommendations ? My mate says that I should get konis because these coilovers are made in taiwan.

Well i can say that these coilovers are quailty stuff, if you get a chance you should check it out urself. And theres nothing wrong with being made in Taiwan! Ur friend is a sterotypical nob :P and sucks on too much Jap *****

But, if you want comfort I deff wudnt get track spec and not sure how much softer the street ones are.

So ur safer to go with Konis.

I'm getting to a stage where I need to decide on whether to get Koni's or a set of D2 in street spec. Looking for comfort just slightly harsher than factory, and will probably visit the track about twice a year...

Is the the D2 street spec fairly comfortable ? I don't want to bounce and feel every crack on the road.

Can someone make any recommendations ? My mate says that I should get konis because these coilovers are made in taiwan.

Do you know how much Koni coilovers are? call toperformance in melbourne and find out lol. They are way way expensive and are specifically made for the track only.

The G4's or D2's are good value for money when it comes to street applications. Japanese and Taiwanese manufacturing is awesome. At least it's not made in Korea.

Sorry, I should have been clearer in my first post. I was referring to Koni yellow shocks with my existing whiteline springs or D2 coil overs in street spec.

Price wise, Koni's would be supplied and fitted for about $1250 or thereabouts. D2's I'm thinking $1550 supplied and fitted. There's not too much of a difference in price between the two so need to make a decision about them...

Anyone with D2 street spec care to comment on their comfort levels in comparison to stock ride ?

Over the past few years Taiwan is actually becoming a High quality manufacturer... all the formally cheap + low quality Taiwanese factories have went offshore to China... in a few more years products made in Taiwan could be of comparable - if not better quality than items manufactured in Japan

Kind regards

Sam

Edited by Sexylica

what's the largest amount of K's anyone has done on their Taiwanese coilovers? I'd be interested to see how many K's they travel before they leak.

I did 70,000 of Brisbane street K's on my custom Koni's and they were good as new when I sold the car. That set was built by fulcrum.

• 1 month later...

Just a question..before i start thinking that i have been ripped off..

are the front and back shocks for D2 coilovers different or are they the same??

What do you mean different??? if you mean by looks then yes they should look very different.

They should look similar to these

TypeRX-01.jpg

Fronts on the Left, Rears on the Right

Edited by MAP81