D2 Coilovers

Dead

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well I went to go install them this morning.

D2 DIDN'T PUT THE ALAN KEY NUTS IN WITH IT!!! ARGGGHHHHH!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Also the guy said something about the rubber seats that the springs sit on...I trust that those end up 'settling' into place?

Comments boys?

Well I went to go install them this morning.

D2 DIDN'T PUT THE ALAN KEY NUTS IN WITH IT!!! ARGGGHHHHH!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Also the guy said something about the rubber seats that the springs sit on...I trust that those end up 'settling' into place?

Comments boys?

allen keys you can buy from bunnings but if you mean c spanners then it should come with a pair its expensive to get a pair aftermarket. a trick to keep the anodised purple like new is to wrap the spanners with electrical tape before you use them.

the rubber should be flush

I think he means the screws that are used to tighten the support for the front sway bar, as opposed to the actual allan keys... mine didn't have allan key either, but I had one in my kit that matched the screws ;)

on that... I noticed browsing carsales.com that a guy in Melbourne has his directional tyres on backwards... in essence chanelling the water into the centre of the tyre rather then away from it... check you tyres again ;)

the >>>> pattern should be pointing towards the FRONT of the car at the top of the rotation and towards the BACK of the car when in contact with the road.

This is the example of what NOT to do...

1318589.jpg

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/&a...rch_distance=25

some Falkens actually have a very good wet weather reputation.

on that... I noticed browsing carsales.com that a guy in Melbourne has his directional tyres on backwards... in essence chanelling the water into the centre of the tyre rather then away from it... check you tyres again ;)

the >>>> pattern should be pointing towards the FRONT of the car at the top of the rotation and towards the BACK of the car when in contact with the road.

This is the example of what NOT to do...

1318589.jpg

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/&a...rch_distance=25

some Falkens actually have a very good wet weather reputation.

mine are dual directional

which means they can be fitted on anyway since one side is going forwards and one side backwards

• 3 weeks later...

bumping this topic...

I had me right front strut blow out on me last Friday (G4, not D2). One week after my trip to Wakefield Park... :huh:

Good news. I took the car in to Just Jap, they assessed it and agreed the strut had definately spat a hell of a lot of oil all over the place. The car at this stage was feeling like the wheel would fall off on every slow speed bump, surprisingly, on the highway it still felt fine.

But I took the strut back today and they changed the insert over and now it's riding beautifully again. I still stand by the quality of these parts, and the even better after sales service I've received. They said they have had 3 returns (for the same reason as me) in the 12 months or so they have been selling them, which isn't a bad record.

I'm still very happy with my purchase :D

bumping this topic...

I had me right front strut blow out on me last Friday (G4, not D2). One week after my trip to Wakefield Park... :huh:

Good news. I took the car in to Just Jap, they assessed it and agreed the strut had definately spat a hell of a lot of oil all over the place. The car at this stage was feeling like the wheel would fall off on every slow speed bump, surprisingly, on the highway it still felt fine.

But I took the strut back today and they changed the insert over and now it's riding beautifully again. I still stand by the quality of these parts, and the even better after sales service I've received. They said they have had 3 returns (for the same reason as me) in the 12 months or so they have been selling them, which isn't a bad record.

I'm still very happy with my purchase :D

thats very good to hear, it would be cool to swipe cars to drive to spot the differences between the D2s and G4s...

im loving my D2s... gun it hard around corners :lol:

Thats worrying news there blue stivo :o :o :o . I have had no problems with mine to date. Fingers crossed. But i dont track the car, just street use.

I saw you have a cusco front strut bar, very nice looking. Would you mind if i ask where you bought it from??

Ok where do u ppl recommend i get these installed in sydney?

Would Pedders do it??

AHHH! HE SAID THE 'P' WORD!! lol

George I'll ask Vince my godfathers son. I trust him with the life of my car (he's doing my install up @ liverpool now @ their workshop). I'll talk to you on msn more about it.