D2 Coilovers

Dead

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.d2racingsports.com.au/images/d21.jpg

can u see that the monotube (item 13) can be take out from the hub connector (item number 14). Imagine this, u can turn the body higher so the suspension become shorter. That's what i meant.

I get wat u guys r saying now .. so wats the best set up that u guys r running? i dont think i can jack my car up .. wouldnt fit under the car..

I raise my suspension's body in order to lower my car, as BanGn said, i don't have any negative effect on the damper. This goes for both front and rear.

so with ur set up ur not working 100% of ur coilovers right? more of looks than performance?

its not about working the coilover 100 percent or not. Its a way of setting it to avoid premature.

If you lower your coilover from the spring perch beyond the reccomended level, it will have premature wear. Just like when you use lower spring on standard suspension, because the sping is shorter your strut sits lower. Same thing occur when you lower the spring seat on coilover beyond recommended measurement.

I don't know how low you wish to go, but do take care if you wish to lower it from the spring seat.

As for me, my suspension can lower the car without the need to lower the spring seat. This is an advantage because it can sits lower but strut travel is not affected at all. So I don't adjust the height from the spring seat as it can be done in a better way.

its not about working the coilover 100 percent or not. Its a way of setting it to avoid premature.

If you lower your coilover from the spring perch beyond the reccomended level, it will have premature wear. Just like when you use lower spring on standard suspension, because the sping is shorter your strut sits lower. Same thing occur when you lower the spring seat on coilover beyond recommended measurement.

I don't know how low you wish to go, but do take care if you wish to lower it from the spring seat.

As for me, my suspension can lower the car without the need to lower the spring seat. This is an advantage because it can sits lower but strut travel is not affected at all. So I don't adjust the height from the spring seat as it can be done in a better way.

got cha! :)

Appreciate the help danz n bangns.. ill prob. go back to suspension city n ask them to set it up again .. as the guy that did my car had no clue of how to install the coilovers. :(

if you lower it too much from the spring u have a higher risk of bottoming out as well.

shoulda came to me for installation bb's garage yo!

suspension city dont even know where to jack the car from, they jacked it from the rear axel when i was there, not only that but scratched mikes door =|

Edited by BanGn

if you lower it too much from the spring u have a higher risk of bottoming out as well.

shoulda came to me for installation bb's garage yo!

suspension city dont even know where to jack the car from, they jacked it from the rear axel when i was there, not only that but scratched mikes door =|

my doors already been bent there .. when i put my king springs on.

where is bb's garage located?

dam this sale beter be on for the celica's im guna give em a call tomorrow

how much does BB's charge for installation brian :P

btw isnt tony (spec black) 's avanta.. a racoon? with huge massive testicals ROFL

Yeah, Brian would know what to do. The coilover for Celica, the one that I saw by K-Sport looks the same like the Corolla one. Infact, I kinda think both celica and corolla have the same suspension - or else its dead similar.

Yeah, Brian would know what to do. The coilover for Celica, the one that I saw by K-Sport looks the same like the Corolla one. Infact, I kinda think both celica and corolla have the same suspension - or else its dead similar.

They share the same front suspension, but the Celica has the multi-link rear independant and the corolla has the POS torsion beam.

dam this sale beter be on for the celica's im guna give em a call tomorrow

how much does BB's charge for installation brian :P

btw isnt tony (spec black) 's avanta.. a racoon? with huge massive testicals ROFL

YES IT IS!

He showed me and Johnny where it comes from too. It's this weird ad where little red riding hood dances with all these forest animals with big boobs and testicles lmao.