1107458106792043071_fs.jpg

going low

1929040957136981541_fs.jpg

1516184821505935655_fs.jpg

1834961405596027167_fs.jpg

car now takes corners like a sick mofo

:D

$1350 for all this boys...ends this month

Just a question, from the pics of ur install is that where the sway bar link is supposed to be. As mine are right underneath the spring perch. Also how tight did u adjust the spring perch. Like is the springs just tight enough or compressed???

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a question, from the pics of ur install is that where the sway bar link is supposed to be. As mine are right underneath the spring perch. Also how tight did u adjust the spring perch. Like is the springs just tight enough or compressed???

i got no idea about this stuff bro

gotta ask bangn

he readjusted my coils

but i think the sway bar link can be moved slighty

This is how mine was installed. My installer measuerd the stock strut, and followed accordingly to the sway bar link should be.

Also how do we adjust height, i read the instructions and a little confused. Do we need to unbolt the lower control arm. Also to adjust the height im assuming you have to losen the sway bar link, to rotate the shock body.

untitled1copy1fa.jpg

That's perfect - your installer did a great job of measuring the std shock's sway bar link and use that measurement to determine on whereabout the sway bar link on the coilover over should be. I was about to suggest that, but now that thats how its done - well done.

Now, if u r to adjust the height from the hub connector instead from the spring, u need remove the sway bar and loosen the sway bar end link. There is a way to do this without having to remove the suspension from the car. So here goes:

1. remove sway bar

2. loosen sway bar link

3. unlock your perch lock for the hub connector

4. turn your whole coilover by using your coilover key from the spring perch lock ring or the spring seat ring

if u turn from spring seat to the left (i think its left). u lower the monotube deeper into the hub connector

if u turn from spring perch lock ring to the rigt, u raise the monotube away from the hub connector

since both spring perch and lock perch are lock with each other, u need to do it with the way i mentioned above. if u r to lower the suspension from the spring perch lock ring, u r unlocking the lock perch agaisnt the spring seat - and vice versa when u raise the suspension by the spring seat perch. Its a bit confusing, i find it hard to explain this, but i hope u kinda get the idea.

When u r done, tigthen everything again. When u lower the monotube deeper to the hub connector, do not exceed the hub connector and go all the way down. remember, ur sway bar end link must go down at the same measurement when u lower it.

this method takes longer to do, but i prefer this way rather than lowering from spring seat. Thanks to the sway bar end link in this design, its harder to lower it from the suspension body.

Spec_black - did u see that perch lock on top of the body of the suspension (the hub connector)? I cannot see one in your D2.

BanGn did a good job then, where was it before?

JAZE55, take care when u try this - use only logical sense and u're good to go. And Dr Danz always recommend 1 finger gap for healthy dosage.

Edited by Danz

arh mate i need somebody to adjust mine .. bloody went for wheel alignment today and waited 1 n half hr in que.. than once it was my turn the guy said my cars too low and wont make it over the little ramp! :(

Just go to Brian, and u guys can work it together for some DIY fun. It'll only takes 1 hour max - maybe less if u both work on it.

yeah ill prob. ask brian if he has free time on his hands..

This is how mine was installed. My installer measuerd the stock strut, and followed accordingly to the sway bar link should be.

Also how do we adjust height, i read the instructions and a little confused. Do we need to unbolt the lower control arm. Also to adjust the height im assuming you have to losen the sway bar link, to rotate the shock body.

untitled1copy1fa.jpg

That's great.

I picked up my G4s today to install :)

wohooo i got my coils daym d2 wrote down wrong address so it got sent back to tnt =[ bastards i had to go get it rofl. but it was close and DAYM the box is heavy and DAYM they sexy !!!

I'm at work now. They'd better come today.

I expect a note from TNT or AusPost on my front door saying, 'BIG PARCEL TO BE PICKED UP'

lol

Hey guys,

Just want to know which verson did you guys ordered? Track or street? :D

Thanks

I'm at work now. They'd better come today.

I expect a note from TNT or AusPost on my front door saying, 'BIG PARCEL TO BE PICKED UP'

lol

Hey guys,

Just want to know which verson did you guys ordered? Track or street? :D

Thanks

I believe they are street. The track versions have a different spring rate.

If I get track...meh. I know it's bumpier but I'm used to it ;)

I JUST WANT THEM!!! lol