Sportivo handling gremlins

Lighten up!!!

Chris

Chris,

If you've had the pleasure to meet Carlo, u'd learn to find that he is a top bloke, with a world of knowledge. Please refrain from below the belt comments.

He may well be... but in my opinion his rant against me was uncalled for, and my response was to his own below the belt comments : "I couldn't give a sh!t if you kill yourself, because one less idiot in the world is great, but don't take someone else with you."

Lets leave it a live and let live.

Regards

Chris

Edited by KaptnKolgate

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

considering you were doing 150 km/h on a public road (I don't care how quiet it may have appeared to be, you never really know what's around the corner) I feel he has a right to say what he feels, it's a free and open forum

considering you were doing 150 km/h on a public road (I don't care how quiet it may have appeared to be, you never really know what's around the corner) I feel he has a right to say what he feels, it's a free and open forum

Cool!

Can we now get back on the topic... otherwise we can start another thread on road safety nazism and I won't have to be preached at cos I won't be reading it! :)

Chris

Edited by KaptnKolgate

I use to work for the police, i wasnt an officer but i got to see pictures, reports and heard stories of what happened at accidents. Now if you want to irresponsible and speed, make the trek to that race track, I would rather drive that distance if not more just so i dont have blood on my hands, do you...

Good luck with driving endevour, i hope for that person/animals sake that nothing happens

Chris,

If you've had the pleasure to meet Carlo, u'd learn to find that he is a top bloke, with a world of knowledge. Please refrain from below the belt comments.

And No, i did not just draw a target on my back.

But back on topic:

On more spirited drives and managable speeds up the mountains etc. (for me i tend to hover arounds 70 odd K) I also experience very mild "lift off oversteer"... but i don't think it's the best thing to brush the brakes mid way in the corner? - i do that too sometimes out of sheer instinct, but i feel it's better to do all the braking before the corner and accelerate through it? ...i'll try to find a picture LOL , my english is too fooby

The Handling Gremlin Answer? Handbrake Turn FWD Technique!!

frontwheeldriveoversteer2.jpg

*A track would be a great place to practice...or an empty gravel car park...or in GT4 :D *

Thanks for the tip!

I do practice a fair amount in GT4 and will try the fwd oversteer. But personally I prefer to set up a neutral attitude IRL with the car as much as possible. My Stivo with just the exception of the said gremlin handles very neutral and very adjustable with the throttle, (lsd helps a lot.)

When I grow up and get a Porsche 911, I will start playing with oversteer on a track as per the naysayers.

Back to GT4! ;)

Chris

Edited by KaptnKolgate

"Back-off oversteer"...?

Sounds like it.

I've seen this a few times on rally videos. Rob and Micky know what I'm talking about.

EDIT: also at the salvage auctions you see Corolla's with a cylindrical-shaped impression in the side. So they come round the corner, back-off half way through, spin and hit a tree or power pole side-on.

Peter (The Master) Taylor is probably the only person I've seen to get out of a really bad dose of 'back-off oversteer' lol. It looked scary lol.

LOL I'll tell him you said that

<_< Whatever

1 week posting ban.

Thats a bit unfair mate.

I couldn't give a sh!t if you kill yourself, because one less idiot in the world is great, but don't take someone else with you.

I tend to agree with IZZ-FE. What you do on the road is your decision but endangering others unnecessarily is not on.

For those that disgree with IZZ-FE and myself please feel free to give this guy as much advise as possible to make his car as fast as possible but the blood will be on your hands too.

take it easy as you know where this road leads too....

Yes it leads to unnecessary injuries and/or death. I'm simply expressing my own opinion so back off.

Get off your high horse you ******wit.

The video in which the car ends up in the river is what happens when you change gear mid corner, weight all goes to the front and really upset the balance of the car - and man the guy didn't countersteer enough - but tahts how we learn, we make our mistakes.

...at the track.

Totally agree here guys ...... the incident in the video happened at the track .... illegal activities being discussed on the forum will not be tollerated .... and this includes but is not limited to high speed runs, driving like your on a race track on normal roads, drag racing etc etc ..... if you want to discuss this with people please do it via pm's or some other means i.e. msn ......

The forum has taken this stance because the police have been drawn to this forum already and its for your own good as pretty much what your doing on here is writing a confession of your actions and trust me .... it aint hard to track people down from the forum to where they are .....

any of you who are practicing driving on GT4 and think its similar to a real car please please please dont ever drive anywhere near me because i like my life.

I play need for speed underground 2 mick. I can drift the sportivo at 200km/h and hold it there. Yeah...yeah...take that...yeah.

so who here can HONESTLY say that they have NEVER participated in a "street light grand prix" before?

no one?.......thought so <_<

probably everyone mate ..... however as stated .... no need to go bragging on the forum as ur pretty much signing a confession .......

any of you who are practicing driving on GT4 and think its similar to a real car please please please dont ever drive anywhere near me because i like my life.

I play need for speed underground 2 mick. I can drift the sportivo at 200km/h and hold it there. Yeah...yeah...take that...yeah.

your soft rob only 200km/h come on grow some balls finally. geez rob i'll show you at the next meet we'll stop off at maccas and grab some trays and i'll show u what real drifting looks like

so who here can HONESTLY say that they have NEVER participated in a "street light grand prix" before?

no one?.......thought so <_<

probably everyone mate ..... however as stated .... no need to go bragging on the forum as ur pretty much signing a confession .......

Thanks for the heads up...

I agree in retrospect, my openness was ill conceived. I would have pulled my head in right at the start if I had been told 1st up instead of the merciless tirade by Carlo and his nodding bricks! :) At any rate, boasting about exploits was not my intent in the post, the emphasis was created by others. My previous posts have been edited to better conform.

I just wanted some advice on the cars behaviour from a technical Corolla specific side, not from a driving style aspect. As I said in my original post, Tsuchiya noted this trait as a scary peculiarity of the RunX that other models been tested did not have. So far, no one seems to have any answers.

Regards

Chris

PS. GT4 is a good safe training tool, but is no substitute for the real thing. Nuff said.

Edited by KaptnKolgate

mate from what i can tell and pretty much what other were trying to sum up is it simply seems to be the way the corolla transfers its weight .... i mean when they designed this body/shell im sure they didnt intend to have it galavanting around corners on a track in excess of 100km/h and so the dynamics were probably never thrown up on the table by the engineers.

i find the corolla does have its issues with its weight distribution and movement when extended it to its limits which can lead to fun in the kitty litter but there are ways to control it and you really need to know / understand the cars limits ......