Statistics of Aurion drivers

apg39

Im interested to know what age & sex everyone out there is, their status and what were the reasons for getting the Aurion instead of another car (maybe one more stereotypical to your age bracket eg: 21 = WRX)

Completely voluntary, don't have to answer all the questions, but would be good to at least know age & reason for buying.

I'll start:

SEX: Male

REASONS FOR BUYING: Needed a reliable, powerful, cheap to run, stylish, newer car for work mainly (property manager). Needed to make a good impression and satisfy my need for a powerful car. Had a modified Subaru Forester but I was spending too much on mods so I cut the ties and got a different car I cant modify as much......but I've found things to modify on the Aurion now! Was going to get a Subaru Liberty H6 (3.0L Horizontal v6) but in 10 years time the Aurion will still be good, Subaru may be close to the end of its life.

Edited by apg39

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

REASONS FOR BUYING: Crashed my other car, needed a car - which was ok on petrol, yet manly :D got a bit of umph! but not too much.. and looked absolutely sexy as well. Also within the price range (was actually out of the price range, but convinced my dad).

----

EDIT: Also the state election just went by, and if Labour had won the P plater no V8, Turbo car, modified v6 and other powerful cars was going to come into place. Which was a big factor in my decision.

Liberal won anyway! HOO RAH ;)

Edited by intrigue

Hey. My name is Daryl. So here we go:

REASONS FOR BUYING: This may be long... Even though my old Camry had just reached the 300,000km mark and was still running perfectly fine, I still desperately needed to upgrade to something a little more stylish and with more power. At the time that I planned to get a new car (which was in 2007) I really wanted a 200SX S15. I never really got around to buying it, then I realised that I should probably be a bit more practical and get myself something that was larger and had usable rear seats.

I am not a fan of Holden or Ford (I don't hate their cars; just the quality) so those two were ruled out. Luckily Toyota had the Aurion because if it weren't for the new Australian Camry being a 4-cylinder, I would have opted for that. I wasn't in a major hurry to replace my Camry so I kind of steered away from buying another car for a while. My Dad then mentioned that he came across a nice looking red Sportivo Aurion at the auctions... and now I have myself an Aurion.

I am certainly pleased with my purchase. The Aurion Sportivo is one sexy car. I still like to look at it when it sits in the garage or if it's parked in a parking lot. I also like watching other people turn their heads as I drive by (I'm surprised that it still has that ability).

Have been driving 2 Madaz's (808 and 929, both 2nd), 2 Commodore's (new VK & VS), 1 Honda (new, CRV Sport), 2 Camry Vienta's (new, V6 top of the line) 1 BMW (new, top 318i), still own the Honda, one Vienta, the BMW. My current Aurion Presara with few more options is probably my last car before my retirement. I decided to buy the Aurion Presara because all my experiences with 2 Vienta's. You know what I mean. I have posted many times my experiences with a European car, probably just bad luck (!?).

BH

Edited by BanHien

SEX: YES PLEASE! ... someone had to do it ...... Male

REASONS FOR BUYING: Shiny Red Supercharger, I had a number of cars on my mind, The new A4 was one of them, but i decided id get something that will always be a bit more unique, also.. im at a stage where having wasted way to much on cars and then losing it come the time to sell i thought id get something that standard has the upgrades id want anyway so i feel less need to modify (i hope lol)

Edited by Pumped

SEX: Male (last time I check in the morning...) ;)

Reason for buying:

I work in GC and I live in Brisbane, the Yaris was capable but not the sort of car you want to drive to GC everyday... so needed a better car. Old bangers will probably cost me more in the long run with minor fixes and leaks so I got the Aurion via auction and never looked back since! I still got the Yaris that by fiancée uses for her daily commute...

I was warm to the VE 'Dores but they are overpriced and depreciates faster than a PC not to mention numerous known quality issues...

Ford is a no no no...

Eurocars wouldnt last long under the Australian weather...

I did take a look at the 2nd Lexus but probably maintenance cost will kill me wallet again...

REASONS FOR BUYING: My Avalon was getting on with age and I wanted something new, so I went with my son and we worked together to get a brand new fully optioned ZR6, I have a feeling that this could be my last car and I want something that was good on the fuel, was fast and reliable and to be honest I think I got more than that.

REASONS FOR BUYING: Needed something reliable and powerful that was suitable for work and as something fun to drive on the weekends. Got a great deal on my SX6 and the servicing costs / resale value are much better than comonwhores and fords.

SEX: YES PLEASE! ... someone had to do it ...... Male

Errrr, I knew someone would.

My uncle has an A4, dont know what year it is but its not that old (maybe 5 years), we constantly bag him because it doesn't even have a CD player. Nice cars still.

REASONS FOR BUYING: I had a Honda Civic, and I was about to buy a Honda Accord Euro. I had it all set in my mind, but the Honda dealer I went to on the day didnt have a euro in my price range (no second hand base models), so after some convincing from my dad I ended up at a Toyota dealer and test drove an Aurion. That convinced me straight away, the power and noise of the engine but at the same time the same smooth ride that I wanted the Euro for. I ended up going past my price range to buy a brand new one in the end as well.

SEX: MALE

STATUS: "21 YR HOT" MISSES Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaah loving it. ( (Every time im on this forum, she reckons we are comparing di*ck sizes) lol.

REASON FOR BUYING: Used to own older model out of control V8's. XY Falcons, Convertible Valiants, Softop FJ40, 2 door holden monaro, mini monster truck hilux ute with a cleveland - **** loads more. Then in about 2005 I was sick of spending thousands on the older model gas guzlers. I kept my convertible valiant and brought a subaru.

The subaru was quick and took corners, like it was on rails, but no room inside. No room for surfboards.

So i brought a new version gas guzler. LTD Black 2005 Explorer V8, dumped, airbags, 24 inch wheels the works. Looked sick but they dont call them the exploder for nothing. Transmission problems- had to go.

So I traded that and brought a new Captiva, decked it out, put 22inch val verde wheels on it. Looked awesome, plenty room for the boards but unfortunately it was a gutless piece of sh*t. Dont know how a family loads it up with the kids and is expected to drive up a hill. Had to go.

So i traded that and brought a new XR6 UTE, silver lowered, massive deep dish koya's. Unfortunately couldnt treat it like a ute and couldnt carry anything because it was in show condition, didnt want to damage it. Defeats the purpose of a ute. Could only carry 1 other passanger as well.

So then i traded it in a brought the aurion. It had a nice shape , and had potention to make it look sic, without looking like it come off like it was out of a MTV music clip.(explorer) Wanted to make it look sleek like a Bmw without paying the price also.

Now had it for 9 months now and still like it so.....i think it is a keeper. Plenty of room in side, good power, sleek looking, comfortable, head turner, and the misses is happy.

Still want to fill the rest of the grill in. Get some sort of lip or body kit. Maybey some scissor doors. Dvd player, and heaps more, but all in good time. Doing one mission at a time lets you look forward to the next project, and stops ya getting bored with it and keeps ya interested.

If i only brought the Aurion straight up, probably would have saved about 30 thousand in trade-ins, ohhhhh well.

Sorry about the novel.................... lol

Edited by BONDIE

AGE 30

Worked for Toyota (yesy tried being a salesman) back in 05 and saw all the pre release info. Knew it would come out at the right time and couln't justify a V8. The ZR6 ticked all the boxes and IMO stands out and above holdens and fords (do like the new XR6 though)

post-7221-1221620557_thumb.jpg

AGE - 24

SEX - Male

STATUS - Single

REASONS FOR BUYING - Wanted a car that looked good, had power but wasn't a petrol guzzler, and comfortable to drive. Having driven a camry for the last few yrs - I considered getting the current model camry sportivo (which in my opinion does look better than the aurion sportivo). However - being Sri Lankan - it took just one night out to a family friend's dinner to decide to get the aurion (way too many Lankans/Indians out there with camrys). In the end - really happy with the aurion - prob the best parts for me include the ride comfort/quality and the economy when using it to travel from Brisbane to the G Coast for work... Oh and Toyotas proven reliability...

AGE - 33

SEX - Male

STATUS - Married

REASONS FOR BUYING - Wanted something different and slighly bigger than my last car. In order i have had a 94 EF Falcon, 95 Pulsar SSS, 95 EF Falcon, 99 AU Falcon S, 2000 Falcon S, 2003 BA Falcon XR6, 2003 Subaru Impreza RS, 96 Liberty 3.0R Spec B purchased together with 96 Outback 2.5i for the wife, and now the ZR6 - still have the outback.

After owning 5 falcons, i found that each model got progressively worse when it came to build quality and service. Subaru have excellent service and cars. I loved my Spec B Liberty but i wanted something bigger, so i sold it and purchased the ZR6. I love the Zr6, it looks good, and handles better after the suspension mods, however its definately not a keeper!! The Zr6 doesn't feel like it would go the distance, after 35,000k's it feels a lot "older" than my Liberty did after 60,000k's. If Subaru make a larger liberty type car, i'll buy it in a heart beat - but i don't think that will happen.

Will probably look at a new Ford G6E Turbo next year. Even though the quality will most likely be crap compared to the Toyota or Subaru, there is nothing like a big rear wheel drive sedan with heaps of power!!!

Age - 22

Sex - GentleMan

Status - Single & prolly Available :lol:

Reasons - Simply just from the Looks.. I had the image that the Standard Aurion is really 'standard' and if modded it by a bit, it would turn gorgeous...And it turns out good IMO so far. Even thou I was amazed by the power itself and the Interior Designs, never thought of this b4 till i had em. 1st Car and was never into car b4, so didnt think it was that Important. It's totally a Keeper for me. I wish i can keep this for ever. :(

Had thoughts on BMW 3 Series, Lexus IS250 Honda Accord Euro & Mazda before, but what u paid isnt what u get if compared to Aurion. + It's a medium car and it's not as spacious. Also, It's kinda too often seeing those cars around with people around my age driving them. Wanna stand out a little. Pretty happy before, seeing Old Men drive Aurion. :lol: They just have the least clue Aurion can be mods to a 'Not Old-Men-Beast-Lookin' Car. B)

Im happy and alwayz gonna be :toast:

Edited by VF-X

50, Boy, MwKx2

reasons: family vehicle required. Holdens and Fords too big and don't get the quality reports I was after. I hate large FWDs...legacy of a motorcyclist!

Traded a C'dore Acclaim for the Aurion, at 12 months/18K ks.

Toyota reliabilty, frugal large engine, a few extra goodies, successful haggling and the deal was done.

It was either the Aurion or a Maxima.

How do you young'uns at age 21 afford a $30K+ car? I was riding a pushie 'til I was 25, then bought a motorcycle.

Edited by boxerboy

REASONS FOR BUYING: I had a mint yellow 1998 model Skyline R34. Still have regrets bout getting rid of it sometimes... But thats not taking away from my Aurion. Didnt want to be just another fricken Commodore or Falcon, thats what it came down too. Plus didnt want to go back to anything gutless after being in a turbo R34 for 2 years. Very happy with my purchase!

Edited by spags

STATUS: kinda taken, kinda single... who knows really... lol

REASONS FOR BUYING:

well, it comes down to the fact that i've lost roughly 60k on cars over the years... i was sick of doing that, and because i have a disease of not being able to modify cars, i had to pick a car which would entertain me as a stock car...

it was 50% TRD, 20% FPV and 30% HSV...

the trd dealer called me back (the only dealer to do this!) and asked to do him a favour and come back for another test drive...

so i went back there and he gave me the keys and didnt come with me on the test drive.. this is what pushed me up to 80% trd, 10% fpv and 10% hsv...

then when i came back from the drive, he did up a quote for me at a shockingly good price... so i signed on the dotted line right there and then...

and well, the rest is history... :D

oh, and how does a 23yr old afford this car? well, selling drugs and stolen goods... its a great industry.... i suggest it to everyone... :lol::ph34r:

REASONS FOR BUYING: Needed a sedan with good looking and enough power because I don't like small car such as civic rolla etc.(no offence for those cars)

Before I bought my aurion I was after honda accord euro but it cost too much and my budjet was limited.

One day I found a hail damaged auction and I figured that accord euros were expensive eventho they had smashed roofs and rear windows.

Honda price was too high and strangely there were alot of toyotas with less than 20KMs done and only couple of small dings on them(more than 200 toyota cars were like that).

Aurion was not popular as now at that time so the price was good and the looking was so great. It actually caught my eyes really tight.

I had to spent 7 hours waiting to get my car's on auction tho.

REASONS FOR BUYING: Needed another car cause my 4bys are in the shed still bein heavily modified. Mum said i should get another 4by cause i lived in the Pilbara of wa but i said no cause it end up in the shed next to the other 4bys coppin a v8 or somethin insane.

Plus i wanted somethin a little different other than falcons and commodores and the aurion beats those in power, looks and economy so it was dead easy choice plus i cant modify as much as my 4bys get cause i hate low cars but that didnt stop me lowering it and puttin 18's on it but thats it i promise no more mods.......... FOR NOW lol

STATUS: kinda taken, kinda single... who knows really... lol

REASONS FOR BUYING:

well, it comes down to the fact that i've lost roughly 60k on cars over the years... i was sick of doing that, and because i have a disease of not being able to modify cars, i had to pick a car which would entertain me as a stock car...

it was 50% TRD, 20% FPV and 30% HSV...

the trd dealer called me back (the only dealer to do this!) and asked to do him a favour and come back for another test drive...

so i went back there and he gave me the keys and didnt come with me on the test drive.. this is what pushed me up to 80% trd, 10% fpv and 10% hsv...

then when i came back from the drive, he did up a quote for me at a shockingly good price... so i signed on the dotted line right there and then...

and well, the rest is history... :D

oh, and how does a 23yr old afford this car? well, selling drugs and stolen goods... its a great industry.... i suggest it to everyone... :lol::ph34r:

Haha you might make a lot of money from it, but i believe karma will catch up to you eventually

REASONS FOR BUYING: I had a mint yellow 1998 model Skyline R34. Still have regrets bout getting rid of it sometimes... But thats not taking away from my Aurion. Didnt want to be just another fricken Commodore or Falcon, thats what it came down too. Plus didnt want to go back to anything gutless after being in a turbo R34 for 2 years. Very happy with my purchase!

and what are some numbers of that shockingly good price? lol

sorry spags wrong person was ment for secaboy!!!

Haha you might make a lot of money from it, but i believe karma will catch up to you eventually

:lol: i'm just kidding... i just work hard and earn a lot of money for my age...

i got the 3500SL with sat nav, sunroof, extended warranty and free insurance for a year for a drive away price of.............$62,000

this price was when the RRP of all those put together was $72,500...