TOCAU ANNUAL MEET

as mentioned on post number one of this thread page 1 there are 3 options for accommodation.

the f1 fawkner would be the best bet cause it sleeps 3 per room so is about$30 per person per night if you guys share rooms.clicky

us sydneysiders will be in brighton beach rydges hotel.

it would be awesome if you guys stay near us so we can have a few drinks together without worrying about driving back to the hotel. :D that is if you wanted to stay in brighton too

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

should be announced after the meet, we'll do a vote while we there i guess that's the best way.....personally i think WA would be the best place to have it :D but theres been an interest in adelaide too so who knows......my kids wanna see uluru but i don't think you guys would drive your hot car's through the red desert......hehehe

VIC.

1. BKS

2. Guni

3. Jaderd

4. Kolourhero

5. thegourou20

6. Mopp (as if I would miss it)

7. lateralus (about 93% sure)

8. Jaems

9. TOYTRD

NSW.

1. xoom

2.M_M

3.Tats

4.Big Pete

QLD

1. Northy

2. DJKOR

3. Silvabullit (not 100% but about 80%)

4. Evo7

5. SuperDave (not 100% but about 80.1%)

6. ELEGNT (not 100% yet should know in fortnight)

SA/WA.

1. (WA) trdsaads

im in, should be good! =]

Could someone add me to NSW list please,dont know how :huh: Also would we need an E tag while down there for weekend depending on cruises and such?

Never needed it there before but this time i might.

Cheers

Anybody?

VIC.

1. BKS

2. Guni

3. Jaderd

4. Kolourhero

5. thegourou20

8. Jaems

9. TOYTRD

NSW.

1. xoom

2.M_M

3.Tats

4.Big Pete

5. JVN11L

QLD

1. Northy

2. DJKOR

4. Evo7

SA/WA.

1. (WA) trdsaads

There ya go :P

Evo

hi all!!!

just looked at the calender, we are leaving to melbourne in about 7 and a bit weeks . yay!! :yahoo:

to the queenslanders : did u want me to book u guys a room at the f1 here in sydney at wentworthville again for the night u guys will be here? or are u gonna crash at big pete's house which is 5 mins from there? seeing as you'll all be driving down to melbourne from here together.

are u driving to sydney on the thursday? what approximate time will u guys be here?? seeing as there is no hooters in melbourne how about a dinner get together thursday night at hooters??? sound good??? i know u big boys will be starving by the time u arrive here :D but really its an excuse i give to order a fat juicy steak!!! yummo!!

also to whom ever brings me a giant bucket of hot and spicy kfc from qld......drinks will be on me for dinner that night at hooters!!! :D yum yum yum!!!

to the sydneysiders: a good meeting point for the drive down the hume would be the villawood bunnings (where our monthly meets are)....easy access from there to get to the hume hwy. would highly recommend leaving before the sun come up though.....can someone who is driving down please post time of departure from sydney

Howdy all, I thought I better dust the "cobwebs" off my TOCAU account and get in on the action (resident Auscam.org member here, have been slack on the TOCAU front!!); I live in Bendigo, VIC so it would be madness to miss out on all the fun.

Count me in for the Saturday stuff as well as the cruise on Sunday - I'm driving an '06 Aurora Gold Camry Sportivo (manual trans :D) since the end of Feb (no more Gen 3 cam) so would love to join in the photo opp's. I'm not sure about accommodation as yet, I have an aunt in Airport West but am thinking it'll be easier to stay in town with you all, plus I'm still trying to rope in a mate from Auscam to come over from Adelaide. Do you need to know about accommodation by any certain date as yet?

I better go hunting for a CB radio/handheld heheheh Oh and did anyone answer whether an e-tag for the weekend was necessary??

- Tash

Howdy all, I thought I better dust the "cobwebs" off my TOCAU account and get in on the action (resident Auscam.org member here, have been slack on the TOCAU front!!); I live in Bendigo, VIC so it would be madness to miss out on all the fun.

Count me in for the Saturday stuff as well as the cruise on Sunday - I'm driving an '06 Aurora Gold Camry Sportivo (manual trans :D) since the end of Feb (no more Gen 3 cam) so would love to join in the photo opp's. I'm not sure about accommodation as yet, I have an aunt in Airport West but am thinking it'll be easier to stay in town with you all, plus I'm still trying to rope in a mate from Auscam to come over from Adelaide. Do you need to know about accommodation by any certain date as yet?

I better go hunting for a CB radio/handheld heheheh Oh and did anyone answer whether an e-tag for the weekend was necessary??

- Tash

hi tash!!!

awesome your joining us!!!

im not sure if we need tags. are the motorways in melbourne cashless? if so then we will bring ours.

i wonder if we can bring it on the plane? hmmmmmmmmmmm i wonder if the metal detectors will go crazy...........hehhee

geeze im soooooooooooo excited now!!

- Tash

hi tash!!!

awesome your joining us!!!

im not sure if we need tags. are the motorways in melbourne cashless? if so then we will bring ours.

i wonder if we can bring it on the plane? hmmmmmmmmmmm i wonder if the metal detectors will go crazy...........hehhee

geeze im soooooooooooo excited now!!

yeah ya NSW e-tags work down here and vice versa, not sure about other states?or are we the only suckers with toll roads in oz?

or are we the only suckers with toll roads in oz?

We have tolls up here as well, but i am flying down, so much easier then driving from QLD :P

Evo

VIC.

1. BKS

2. Guni

3. Jaderd

4. Kolourhero

5. thegourou20

8. Jaems

9. TOYTRD

10. akuma (pm for taxi service from airport)

NSW.

1. xoom

2.M_M

3.Tats

4.Big Pete

5. JVN11L

QLD

1. Northy

2. DJKOR

4. Evo7

SA/WA.

1. (WA) trdsaads

1. BKS

2. Guni

3. Jaderd

4. Kolourhero

5. thegourou20

8. Jaems

9. TOYTRD

NSW.

1. xoom

2.M_M

3.Tats

4.Big Pete

5. JVN11L

QLD

1. Northy

2. DJKOR

4. Evo7

6. whitestivo

SA/WA.

1. (WA) trdsaads

can we add in whitestivo, i booked my flights ages ago

i'm waiting to here what brissie ppl are doing for accom in melbourne? i'm suprised no one in melbourne has offered up accom for the travellers.

whitestivo

1. BKS

2. Guni

3. Jaderd

4. Kolourhero

5. thegourou20

8. Jaems

9. TOYTRD

NSW.

1. xoom

2.M_M

3.Tats

4.Big Pete

5. JVN11L

QLD

1. Northy

2. DJKOR

4. Evo7

6. whitestivo

SA/WA.

1. (WA) trdsaads

No problems :D

Evo

Edited by Evo7

yeah ya NSW e-tags work down here and vice versa, not sure about other states?or are we the only suckers with toll roads in oz?

My NSW eTag worked in Brissy for last year's national meet.....

(by "my" I mean the one I stole out of a company car :whistling: )

My NSW eTag worked in Brissy for last year's national meet.....

(by "my" I mean the one I stole out of a company car :whistling: )

i just rang the airport.....we are allowed to bring our e-tags on the plane :D

i will ring the brissy guys and see where they staying...if im gonna book the f1 i should be doing it soon, unless u all wanna call the rydges in brighton and see how much the rooms are cause thats where tats, mentok and we will be staying. u qld guys should just share the cost of the room at least it will be more comfy then a f1.

if anyone is interested in staying close to where we will be staying i found these serviced apartments that sleep 6, its a 3 bedroom apartment on brighton beach each room has 2 singles. cost per night is $525 or $87.50 per person per night. ($262.50 for the 3 nights per person).

clicky

only other option is the F1 @ FAWKNER which is $89 for the friday and saturday nights and $79 for the sunday night check out the monday morning. this is the best F1 i could find that has parking on it, the cbd property is $99 a night for the 3 nights but there is no parking available....please see the link for parking options and prices clicky.

each room at the f1 can be divided by 3 people which brings the rate to $29.66 per person per night at fawkner or $33 per person per night at the cbd property

the cbd also have quad rooms (2 bunks = 4 single beds) availability is limited though for these rooms if u guys wanna try and get this we need to do something asap. price will be $27.25 per person per night for the quad room.

please PM me asap with the hotel u would prefer and which 3 ppl u would like to share if u choose the f1. with so we can have something confirmed asap.

rough room configurations of confirmed people who are coming(out-of-staters): (please edit your name to suit your preferences) the 80% ppl i'll put u together :P hehehe

Northy

DJKOR

whitestivo ( cbd-F1)

JVN11L

trdsaads

tash

maybe's if choosing the quad room can join the above rooms

xoom

SB

SuperDave

In reply to this, i have my own accommodation sorted out, so i can be removed from the list :P

Evo

Edited by M_M
:D

Not 100% sure on accommodation as yet, I'd say I'll just stay at my aunt's out in Airport West and come into the city. Am still trying to convince a few others to come along.

Glad to see there are quite a few coming along, it should be a great meet!

Edited by Tash

updated list:

Northy

whitestivo ( cbd-F1)

JVN11L

trdsaads

maybe's: (

xoom

SB

SuperDave

DJKOR, Tash and Evo7 have their own accommodation sorted. :D

still waiting to hear form northy JV11L and trdsaads

thanks to all who have been prompt in emailing me back about their plans.....:D

updated accommodation list:

Northy

whitestivo ( cbd-F1)

trdsaads

80%'ers

xoom

SB

SuperDave

DJKOR, Tash,JVN11L and Evo7 have their own accommodation sorted. :D good work!! :toast:

still waiting to hear form northy and trdsaads about accommodation and for superdave to book flights!!! :D so i can throw the red man into a room at the f1 :P