What did you do to your car today?

gave the car a wax after 3 months. Waiting for it to dry to wipe the wax off. Off to COD :yahoo:

Waiting for it to dry? Isn't that like a five minute thing?

Eh, that is news to me because when I apply wax I wipe it off couple of minutes later because it is already dry?

What I do is buff, wait few minutes to dry and wipe and continue like this.

Edited by unique

fixed boost issue once again achieving 21psi clutch still slipping will get around to replacing unless some one offere to buy car then they can replace the clutch

gave the car a wax after 3 months. Waiting for it to dry to wipe the wax off. Off to COD :yahoo:

wax needs at least 15-20mins to set b4 you wipe it off and a 12-24 hour cure time to acheive max shine and protection...

(at least for meguiars it does)

Didn't do much (besides wash it) but I did get this:

post-14703-12834129968_thumb.jpg post-14703-128341300422_thumb.jpg

Sportivo Accessories bodykit. Front spoiler, rear lower spoiler (which I was really after), side skirts and sports grille. It's the wrong colour but @ $380 posted I couldn't say no.

is that a bicycle repair stand i spy in the corner of that pic??

mtb or roadie?

Sportivo Accessories bodykit. Front spoiler, rear lower spoiler (which I was really after), side skirts and sports grille. It's the wrong colour but @ $380 posted I couldn't say no.

mtb or roadie?

Both, I have a 2006 Trek 6500 mtb and a 2005 Argon18 Radon (both heavily modified):

Trek has been upgraded to full XT, Custom wheelset (DT 4.1D rims, Champion spokes, XT hubs), Bontrager Race X-lite seatpost, Fizik Arione saddle, Amoeba carbon handlebars + amoeba stem. Looking to upgrade this one soonish. Max spend will be about $4000, unsure if I should stay hardtail or go dual. Probably looking at: Felt, BMC, Santa Cruz, Cannondale or Trek as the next manufacturer.

The Argon18 is full ultegra (6600) but running a SRAM Rival 50/36 crankset, Spinergy Xaero Lite wheelset (2008 Bontrager Race-X-Lites when I used to do my sprint sessions), Continental GP4000 tyres, Token aero carbon handlebars, Pro PLT carbon stem, Bontrager Race X-lite seatpost, Fizik Arione saddle, Ultegra pedals.

I enjoy riding but I am not very good at either discipline.

What about yourself?

mtb or roadie?

Both, I have a 2006 Trek 6500 mtb and a 2005 Argon18 Radon (both heavily modified):

Trek has been upgraded to full XT, Custom wheelset (DT 4.1D rims, Champion spokes, XT hubs), Bontrager Race X-lite seatpost, Fizik Arione saddle, Amoeba carbon handlebars + amoeba stem. Looking to upgrade this one soonish. Max spend will be about $4000, unsure if I should stay hardtail or go dual. Probably looking at: Felt, BMC, Santa Cruz, Cannondale or Trek as the next manufacturer.

The Argon18 is full ultegra (6600) but running a SRAM Rival 50/36 crankset, Spinergy Xaero Lite wheelset (2008 Bontrager Race-X-Lites when I used to do my sprint sessions), Continental GP4000 tyres, Token aero carbon handlebars, Pro PLT carbon stem, Bontrager Race X-lite seatpost, Fizik Arione saddle, Ultegra pedals.

I enjoy riding but I am not very good at either discipline.

What about yourself?

nice collection..

i manage a bicycle store here in perth...

have traditionally been a mtber but am getting into the road side.. looking at riding either a tcr advance 1 or scott addict r2

my garage consists mainly ofpost-13790-128361163413_thumb.jpgpost-13790-128361165391_thumb.jpgpost-13790-128361205148_thumb.jpgpost-13790-12836116873_thumb.jpgpost-13790-128361169673_thumb.jpgpost-13790-128361170847_thumb.jpgpost-13790-128361171845_thumb.jpgpost-13790-128361187163_thumb.jpg

wax needs at least 15-20mins to set b4 you wipe it off and a 12-24 hour cure time to acheive max shine and protection...

(at least for meguiars it does)

Oh okay, well thats news to me. Because mine dries in like few minutes and then I wipe off. What I do is buff, wait to dry, wipe and continue for rest of the car.

Just changed the belt and idler pulleys with the help of Supatouring Dave (he drove to my place to help me too !!!) . :) Since I didnt have the allen key socket to remove 1 of the bolts.

Took two steps outside to start my sub install before I realised/remembered that I didn't have any RCAs for it....

Ok, that one can wait for the weekend now.

Clay, seal and wax today. Kinda odd considering I'll be getting the rear fixed up soonish.

post-14703-128393312027_thumb.jpg post-14703-128393313874_thumb.jpg post-14703-128393315257_thumb.jpg

post-14703-128393316199_thumb.jpg post-14703-128393316918_thumb.jpg

i can see dust o the windscreen already! :lol: and is that an iphone i see??? :P dont forget to take it off when u drive though. i forgot to take the mrs galaxy S phone off the windscreen before i drove it and it almost slid off -_-

LOL! Thats like me when cleaning the wheels :lol:. Never getting the tyre gel again. It's too much trouble spreading it on. Next time I'm getting the spray.

I envy your TRD man :ph34r: :(

Today was crap day. I decided to give the inside a vacuum(The car is a mess again outside, it's raining like a typhoon everyday).

After vacuuming I decided to finally get around to unbolting the sway bar again and lube the rubber parts and put on some teflon tape(As advised by another member here).

So I put the car up on ramps and off I went unbolting, took the rubber parts off and lubed them up and everything was pretty straight forward.

Then it came to bolting the **** sway bar back in. It just would NOT sit in properly. It would not align no matter how much I tried. For two hours(YES, two hours) I tried to place it back in and I just could not.

So I called my mechanical minded mate and he told me to look at how I placed the car on the ramps. DOH! One tyre was higher and the other tyre was a bit lower so they were not aligned which is why I spent two effing hours trying to put it back on. But at least the teflon tape idea worked and the extra grease. No more squeaking <_< <_<

Also while doing all that I decided to do an ECU reset(I was meaning to do this after I had my transmission computer replaced), so after the ECU reset drove the car around and to gym etc and what a difference. Gear changes are much smoother and car sounds so much quieter.

So yeah, it was an eventful and cold day today lying on the cement on my back for two hours :blink:

Edited by unique

Got 3/4 the way through installing my amp and subs, until I hit the brickwall of being unable to find a way to get the power lead through the firewall.....damn Toyota and their efforts to reduce noise transmission into the cabin by running all wiring through the guards!

Got 3/4 the way through installing my amp and subs, until I hit the brickwall of being unable to find a way to get the power lead through the firewall.....damn Toyota and their efforts to reduce noise transmission into the cabin by running all wiring through the guards!

drill + firewall = problem solved.

Or just run it through the front guard and in the side like i did. (if you can on a rolla)