What did you do to your car today?

Had a spirited drive home chasing a p plater in AUII XR6.....from his eyes looking in the rear view i think he was quite surprised by the old sportivo lol

(legal speeds....just windy roads where can push it legally)

took it to toyota but they didnt fix my problem, dont ever tell me mechanics at dealers know wtf they are doing cos they dont
Careful with the generalising champ!! There might be one good one there! You just may not have got him!!

took it to toyota but they didnt fix my problem, dont ever tell me mechanics at dealers know wtf they are doing cos they dont
Careful with the generalising champ!! There might be one good one there! You just may not have got him!!

well lets hope i get him when i go back tomorow, bast*rds charged me 200$ more for a 60k service than daryl ontop of not fixing my car

Checked how much brake pad was left and measured the thickness on the front and rear rotors on the Aurion. 44k and front and rear rotors are at minimum thickness :(

New rotors and pads $1300 from Toyota :o

Edited by SupaTouring

After cleaning mine for the second time this week, I took it out for a drive and dirtied it up. Then I continued my search for things I can do to lighten up my car without making it look like a shell. Doesn't seem like much that I can take out. About the best I could think of today was changing the battery for a Braille No Weight battery.

Checked how much brake pad was left and measured the thickness on the front and rear rotors on the Aurion. 44k and front and rear rotors are at minimum thickness :(

Wow, I never really thought of measuring my rotors as part of my usual checks when I have my wheels off for rotation. I didn't think they would get eaten up at a rate like that. I guess I'll add that to my checklist of things to do in future.

Going to Toyota? Pfffft :P

You may be able to get aftermarket rotors for your ride, but I have had a good look and there appears to be no listings for the TRD Aurion! The closest to a front rotor is a Corvette rotor that will need the hub machined and the PCD redrilled. You cant get a slotted rear rotor for a normal Aurion even with DBA listing them so there is no chance of getting the vented rear rotor that is on the TRD. Pads is a different story, fronts I have confirmed as 7599 but the rears need a bit more research, either DB1354 or DB1376.

After cleaning mine for the second time this week, I took it out for a drive and dirtied it up. Then I continued my search for things I can do to lighten up my car without making it look like a shell. Doesn't seem like much that I can take out. About the best I could think of today was changing the battery for a Braille No Weight battery.

Wow, I never really thought of measuring my rotors as part of my usual checks when I have my wheels off for rotation. I didn't think they would get eaten up at a rate like that. I guess I'll add that to my checklist of things to do in future.

Toyota rotors are normal quite hard (compared to Ford/Holden rotors) so is not normally an issue, but the lip on the edge of the front rotor is big enough to see in the photos from the Tangcla shoot we had. It was a check to see if they had enough meat to be machined or if they had gone bellow minimum thickness. So unless you have a lip I would worry about doing it.

Edited by SupaTouring

I just gave my girl a nice warm bath (the water always comes out hot at the car wash) and cleaned her inside and out. This is the third time this week I have washed her. I also fed her some BP Ultimate.

I am keeping my baby sheltered as much as possible as it seems the seal around the rear window is completely hosed, letting in water all over the joint, going through the parcel shelf and down into the spare tyre well and drivers side pocket. :( That's getting redone on Tuesday.

Now that my dealer had to remove the rear seat and parcel shelf to follow the water line, I now have a squeaking sound from the rear end and I am unsure if the seats not in properly or the rear sway bars come loose again! :S But we'll see on Tuesday.

Also my rotors should be here soon, so she'll have some new stopping power.

I am keeping my baby sheltered as much as possible as it seems the seal around the rear window is completely hosed, letting in water all over the joint, going through the parcel shelf and down into the spare tyre well and drivers side pocket. :( That's getting redone on Tuesday.

Damn. That would suck having the seals stuffed like that. I know I'd be less than happy.

Now that my dealer had to remove the rear seat and parcel shelf to follow the water line, I now have a squeaking sound from the rear end and I am unsure if the seats not in properly or the rear sway bars come loose again! :S But we'll see on Tuesday.

Question... did whoever fitted your rear sway bar apply lithium grease to the bushes? I made sure I gave mine a good coating to prevent squeaks.

Also my rotors should be here soon, so she'll have some new stopping power.

Don't forget to get rid of the debris shields as well so you can keep them cool. They are a great rotor. I just can't believe how smooth the braking is since I put them in. You just need to get used to the rattlesnake sound if you like to drive with your windows down.

Question... did whoever fitted your rear sway bar apply lithium grease to the bushes? I made sure I gave mine a good coating to prevent squeaks.

Unfortunately we didn't. I can only assume it might have decided to get some squeaking friction involved, it just seems to be coincidence that it happened straight after the seat was reinstalled after being pulled out to check for water leakage.

i had a small stone that was trapped between the inside of my front brake caliper and the rotor that i couldnt get out, so i had to take the caliper apart

only realised when i heard horrible metalic screeching sounds. now the front left rotor has a nice score mark all around it!

it's got me buggered as to how the stone got in there in the first place, because it was too big to fit through any gaps i could find.