What did you do to your car today?

Fixed (well hopefully) a knocking sound coming from the rear of my car. The noise was noticeable when the rear was going over bumps etc. It sounded very similar to having the rear strut top loose.

Unfortunately to get to that to double check on it (because I couldn't really narrow it down any further), the rear seat back had to come out. Now there are things on my car that I don't mind doing, but removing the rear seat back is not one of them. Well it's not so much the removal process... it's trying to fit it back in properly with all three top hooks engaged. Anyways, after taking it out so I could hear the noise better, I went for a drive and the sound was gone. I'm guessing it was something to do with the seat mounts so I put padded material around any contact points and made sure everything is tight. So far so good... but only time will tell.

Today I finally got around to doing my wheel/tire rotation. The fronts (Yoko S.Drive) are just about on the wear indicators after 30,000km. The rears though (Dunlop Sport Maxx) after 51,000km have about triple the distance till the wear indicators. So the plan is to get the Dunlops worn down till they are on the wear indicators and then change all 4 tires. Hopefully with the Yokos on the rear, by the time the Dunlops are on the indicators, the Yokos should be just ready for a change and no more.

Also, since it's not everyday that I have the wheels off the car, I decided to give them a good (but not great) clean on the inside of the wheel. All I can say is that it's amazing how much cleaner the car looks just by having the inner face of the wheel shiny. The sad thing is that I know it is going to get dirty rather quick and removing the wheels isn't exactly a thing I want to do fortnightly/monthly. What a bummer.

A clean wheel:

di-1312860958053.jpg

Before cleaning:

di-0128609582314.jpg

After cleaning:

di-112860958409.jpg

Also, I spent ages scrubbing at this one section of the wheel trying to remove some 'dirt' because from arms length, that's what it looked like. After just about giving up, I took a closer look and realised what it was. LOL:

di-1612860958622.jpg

Wow, clean. Over-clean...!

Unfortunately, the rest of the car does not reflect this. While the radar is showing no rain, I'm considering giving it a wash and wax so at least it will clean easier when the rain clears. I also picked up a can of this Sonax NanoProtect wheel coating so I may apply that to see how well it works. When I eventually do my brakes and therefore take the wheels off, I'll coat the inside. It's was just too wet at the time to dry everything out to give it a proper coating. Damn timing with respect to having to get the rotation done and the wet weather we have.

I completely agree with your sentiments regarding thw wash and wax. A definite double edged sword.

I washed her on Friday only to have it rain about 200m after leaving Hoppys

Oh well, at least your wheels look clean, for now

picked up new clutch assembly race compound organic type clutch plate pressure plate has 700 pounds of clamping force not bad for a corolla clutch hey

Put order down for Project Mu Bestop brake pads and put forward offer for set of rare Wedsports 16x7 mag wheels :D

wedssa90.jpg

^ Those wheels look teh sex. I really hope you get them.

As for me, did nothing but drove it from home into the city and parked it in the carpark here at the hotel.

^ Those wheels look teh sex. I really hope you get them.

As for me, did nothing but drove it from home into the city and parked it in the carpark here at the hotel.

lol. Okay, if you are going to be like that.

After gym I drove to BP to fill her up with some 98 @ $1.29 :P

that is all.

but... if work gives me a break, been flat out all damn week, will be picking up some HPR5 and filter and give it a service.

Today I finally got around to doing my wheel/tire rotation. The fronts (Yoko S.Drive) are just about on the wear indicators after 30,000km. The rears though (Dunlop Sport Maxx) after 51,000km have about triple the distance till the wear indicators. So the plan is to get the Dunlops worn down till they are on the wear indicators and then change all 4 tires. Hopefully with the Yokos on the rear, by the time the Dunlops are on the indicators, the Yokos should be just ready for a change and no more.

Also, since it's not everyday that I have the wheels off the car, I decided to give them a good (but not great) clean on the inside of the wheel. All I can say is that it's amazing how much cleaner the car looks just by having the inner face of the wheel shiny. The sad thing is that I know it is going to get dirty rather quick and removing the wheels isn't exactly a thing I want to do fortnightly/monthly. What a bummer.

A clean wheel:

di-1312860958053.jpg

Before cleaning:

di-0128609582314.jpg

After cleaning:

di-112860958409.jpg

Also, I spent ages scrubbing at this one section of the wheel trying to remove some 'dirt' because from arms length, that's what it looked like. After just about giving up, I took a closer look and realised what it was. LOL:

di-1612860958622.jpg

Im sorry, i couldnt see anything past that lovely red caliper... :P

good work on the wheel cleaning thou daryl, looks mint!

and pls let me know how the wheel wax goes... been looking for a good product to use on the wheels.. as im one of those crazies who wouldnt mind removing my wheels every 2 weeks for a good clean :P

(just a tip, if you dont wanna remove them but still want the hard to reach areas to be clean, buy a good long wheelbrush... the meguiars wheel brush is long enough (and flexible) for me to clean the entire wheel inner part without removing from the car... :P sets you back like 15bucks..

Im sorry, i couldnt see anything past that lovely red caliper... :P

They are DataDots.

and pls let me know how the wheel wax goes... been looking for a good product to use on the wheels.. as im one of those crazies who wouldnt mind removing my wheels every 2 weeks for a good clean :P

I'm not expecting much out of it. It says it can last up to 6 or so washes, but ultimately, it just means that in the end it is going to loose effectiveness. It's not a wax as well BTW. It's a NanoCoating similar to that stuff you apply to shower screens like "NanoKote" etc. I can only dream of getting a permanent solution though. Maybe I need easy to clean wheels :lol:

(just a tip, if you dont wanna remove them but still want the hard to reach areas to be clean, buy a good long wheelbrush... the meguiars wheel brush is long enough (and flexible) for me to clean the entire wheel inner part without removing from the car... :P sets you back like 15bucks..

Yeah, I've tried it that way but it's just not the same. It's just more satisfying getting them shiny the proper way.

Discovered the charger is going to hate these long summer months.

I am not looking forward to it at all.

Discovered the charger is going to hate these long summer months.

I am not looking forward to it at all.

I just remembered, you got your TRD virtually at the same time I had the charger installed. It's going to be an interesting time for both of us.

WIDOW (What I Did On Weekend) + yesterday.

Cleaned out car

Drove car to Sydney

Washed car

Attended Toyotafest

Drove home

Then, yesterday

Cleaned car out again

Removed sub + amp from boot

Removed back seat base

Drove down to Sydney for drags

Got as far as Gosford before hearing they were cancelled due to rain

Drove home a sad panda with no bass.

Put order down for Project Mu Bestop brake pads and put forward offer for set of rare Wedsports 16x7 mag wheels :D

wedssa90.jpg

I'd love a set of those in 17"...

Got Tyres for my Sportivo~! Bridge Stone Potenza at $177 dollars a tyre and booked in to get my CAI tomrrow :)

$177 a tyre..... thats cool...

wait... $177???? PER TYRE???? HOLY MAMA!!!!

hope they do you good ^_^

removed bird sh!t from my left eyelid with hot water from kettle. worked well. until it kinda stripped the wax off too and left a nice grey residue behind. used a dry cloth to wipe it after. hopefully it didn't strip off the overcoat too :P

Got Tyres for my Sportivo~! Bridge Stone Potenza at $177 dollars a tyre and booked in to get my CAI tomrrow :)

$177 a tyre..... thats cool...

wait... $177???? PER TYRE???? HOLY MAMA!!!!

My tires are Bridgestone Turanzas which costed i think $230 each. Doesnt bother me cause the previous owner bought them :D

Today i cleaned all the door seals