DJKOR's Aurion - Rev. 2

DJKOR

^ Cheers mate. Thanks for that. Was great meeting you as well and putting a face to the name.

Ray, haven't seen you in ages. Will have to catch up some time when you can. The damage is not repaired yet...

... Speaking of which, I just dropped Aimee off at the AAMI Assessment Centre so they can have a look at her and assess what needs to be done and where she needs to go. I should get a call within 24 hours giving me more details. Now I have my sister's Mazda 3 to drive around and I definitely ain't feeling this car.

• Like 1

:o REALLY!?

what time?

i dropped it off just before 8am!! :lol:

i still laugh every time i think of it... two trd's in the same day!!

Mine was booked in for 7:10am. So now it's the big waiting game. At least when I get the call later hopefully, I'll get a better idea of it all... and I'll get a list of what they will do.

Yeah, what a coincidence.

• Like 1

Okay. Got a call from my claims manager (or whatever you call them) and they have given me details of where it's going (I feel special... it's going to a place with 'prestige' in its name) and what they estimate needs to be done.

It's a bit of a bummer that they estimate they will need it till this time next week though. I guess it's livable however.

It's basically just a remove and repair job to the bumper. And for those who overheard Trent and I at the BBQ the other night.... ;)

• Like 1

who's your claims manager? is it June? lol

mine's going to a place at north gate. Stylers or something like that...

i get it back tuesday next week... total damage done = $1004... :o

did they tell you how much the quote was?

im surprised they're repairing it and not replacing the whole bumper... :huh:

Nah, my claims manager is Patrick. That would have been pretty damn funny though.

My repairer is 'Domroy Prestige Autobody' over in Moorooka. It doesn't surprise me that they are just repairing it since the damage is rather small.

As for the repair bill, the quote they sent me came to a total of $1615. That said $585 of that is used up on the grill alone :o :ph34r:

• Like 1

Nah, my claims manager is Patrick. That would have been pretty damn funny though.

My repairer is 'Domroy Prestige Autobody' over in Moorooka. It doesn't surprise me that they are just repairing it since the damage is rather small.

As for the repair bill, the quote they sent me came to a total of $1615. That said $585 of that is used up on the grill alone :o :ph34r:

least she's on the mend now.

Are we going to see any Mazda-ness on thursday night?

• Like 1

You Guys are lucky. Out here in Central QLD it would be 6 months before you would get anything done. Infact it was 7 months when I had to get some serious work on my old commodore, they kinda bashed it and put a headlight in within a week for me then left it for ages. I've been waiting over 2 months for them to re-spray my grill in my Kluger as the clear coat has gone **** on it, and thats knowing the panel beater and also Toyota Warranty hounding them. Im real glad I got Extra-Care warranty. hehe. Im gunna milk it. The two major panel beaters are seriously busy up here though with the likes of wild life repairs and stuff like that. They are both on the same street and they have so many cars there they are out on the street and around the corner = **** loads.

Edited by NimrodAUS

Damnnnnnn! That's a sh!tload of money for a little damage!!!

I'm gonna call up tomorrow and get an itemized quote from them to see exactly what they are doing.

Is that what you asked for? Or did they just send it to you automatically?

It's my first claim ever, so I have no idea how things are meant to work... Lol

Did you get the last damage on the old car fixed at the same place, or did they pick someone else this time?

It's basically just a remove and repair job to the bumper. And for those who overheard Trent and I at the BBQ the other night.... ;)

Hahahahahahaha

Wowzers to $1600 though. I guess that is why you pay through the nose yearly for your premium though!

• Like 1

Damnnnnnn! That's a sh!tload of money for a little damage!!!

I'm gonna call up tomorrow and get an itemized quote from them to see exactly what they are doing.

Is that what you asked for? Or did they just send it to you automatically?

It's my first claim ever, so I have no idea how things are meant to work... Lol

Did you get the last damage on the old car fixed at the same place, or did they pick someone else this time?

A lot of the things on the quote are quite funny how they charge it. For example, they charge like $25 in labour for headlight removal and re-fitting (which is quite funny cause they don't have to do that when removing the bumper) and then another $25 or so for fog light removal and re-fitting. Just little things like that to add up on the costs.

As for the quote, this time around I asked for it but only because last time I had a claim when that Suzuki t-boned me, my claims manager offered it to me automatically so I knew they could do so.

If they didn't offer it, you just have to ask if they have a copy of the quote they have there... which they should. They will then get your email address and should be able to email it directly to you in PDF format. I got mine before I finished on the phone with them.

It's being repaired at a different place to the last. When I got t-boned, they chose Bignell Panel Repairs on Fairfield Road, but I guess this time, that place in Moorooka must be either more competitive or can do the repairs better.

• Like 1

ultra racing australia...

either their website, or look on ebay... or if you're in brisbane, buy mine... :lol:

it is seriously by far the best money you could spend on a car in terms of handling... do it and you'll never regret it... :)

Just picked my car up from the repairer. Took exactly a week as originally estimated.

Any concerns I had about them being able to colour match the paint have completely gone out the window. Instead of doing just a simple blend and painting all that was required, they actually just resprayed the entire front bumper and skirt thing. So no more stone chips anymore... wooohoo.

Actually on that topic, the repair is that good that you would think it was a new bumper. My only minor complaint is that the dark grey trim on the lower part of the bumper has a slightly more matte look to it that it was before. It's fine by me though.

On top of that, I dropped her off really, really dirty after the Annual Meet and I got her back extremely shiny. Free quality clean FTW!

Anyways, I'm excited:

dsc0207ll.jpg

• Like 1

They did do a really good job. It's so nice having no more stone chips on the bumper or scrapes on the underside anymore. Well for the time being anyways.

... what mesh is at the bottom? ;)

Genuine Toyota of course. No aftermarket parts used on this repair.

• Like 1

You going to get a Car-Bra for it?

Seeing the front in such a new condition is really tempting me to go get one of those ones like from here:

http://www.ducoscratch.com.au/clear_car_bra.asp

But at the same time, I kind of don't want to spend a grand or two on it. Maybe because it is a daily driver and because of that, the film may start to get some wear and tear over time. I've seen how the uncovered paint can wear differently to the surface that is covered with the clear car bra, and this means that over time as the film wears, you would have to consider re-applying the film again (more cost) otherwise you may notice a difference between the two surfaces if you know what I mean.

... or maybe I'm just too cheap.

• Like 1