DJKOR's Aurion - Rev. 2

DJKOR

Thanks for the replies guys. I just can't wait till all my work here is done so I can spend some quality time with her. It's in a valet ark at the moment which I don't have access to while parked there, but regardless, work is extremely busy at the moment. I guess I will have to be patient. Once all that is sorted, then I will get some good photos.

I think you just wanted the fact you can now say that you gotz a SUPACHARGA XD

Pretty much :lol: I was willing to sacrifice the style potential of the Sportivo for the extra gain under the hood.

... and nice colour too.

It sure does look nice in person. I still somewhat feel a bit out place with it though. The one thing I liked with the Wildfire was that the colour stood out more on the road. Everytime I drove, I seemed to notice that there weren't as many red cars on the road when compared with other colours. I just don't feel like I would stand out in the pack as much with a silver car.

But in the end, it wasn't really the colour that was the deciding factor... it was the red shiny thing under the hood.

Nice Daryl, was that the one at Northpoint?

Nup, not that one. This one lived in the CBD, was used for mainly highway driving, and has only 18,000km on the clock.

• Like 1

Did you grab your tail lights and rims from the old car? I saw the pics and they both looked unscathed...

anyway very fine choice for the TRD! Cant wait to see it in flesh and the mods you going to do with it...

Did you grab your tail lights and rims from the old car? I saw the pics and they both looked unscathed...

anyway very fine choice for the TRD! Cant wait to see it in flesh and the mods you going to do with it...

pretty sure his kappas bit the dust...

2cs6tm8.jpg

i seriously shudder when i see that pic... think im going to go down to my garage and pat my kappas now.. :P

Edited by -DAvo

Well the tail-lights unfortunately stayed with the car. Since it was a bit of distance away from home, I couldn't simply swap them over with the old ones, despite how easy they were to remove with the bumper gone :lol:

So they pretty much had to go with the car. I guess this just means that I now have a set of Sportivo tail lights at home to experiment tinting on.

Same deal with my head unit as well. That had to stay with the car... but that gives me the opportunity to upgrade to the newer HD version which has the better screen.

As for the wheels, well pretty much what was shown above. The two front wheels were cleanly split... and the rears were not something you would want to recover.

Oh wells. One thing I now realise is that I am going to have to factor in the cost of 19 inch tires for my TRD. I guess that's a compromise I'm willing to make.

• Like 1

nice one mate... you're finally in a car that suits you! :D

the trd will let you have so much more fun once you get used to it... get the braces first though!!

oh and dont stress about the tyres.... just get them from the place in sydney... very cheap... :D

darn it... those new LED tail lights would have fetch some good prices down from the Dubbo wreckers...

my apologises for not seeing the rims properly lol... at least the Nebo run would be abit more interesting with the charger on... lol

Congrats Daryl! That is one beautiful looking Aurion - and I reckon you'll have no troubles making yours stand out from the pack ;)

Can't wait to see it in person at the annual meet :yahoo:

Were they stoke facelift tail lights?? They seem... different.

My old Sportivo had the Asian Camry Hybrid tail lights as per the discussion here.

Anyways, that's my old Aurion. This thread is all about my new one... which won't be getting those lights.

• Like 1

Well, since work was going pretty slow today, I had some spare time to go for a drive to the Barossa Valley.

The first 30 minutes of driving was a completely different feel to what I am used to.. but after that, it slowly started to become familiar again, just with some exceptions.

The seats are definitely different. It's certainly noticeable now sitting in some really comfy (but firm) leather seats compared to the cloth seats of the Sportivo. I think the leather in this one is much better than that of the non-TRD's. It definitely feels thicker and of higher quality. I noticed though that it strangely feels like the seat sits ever so slightly higher than a non-TRD. I'm not sure if I am imagining things with that though.

The extra power definitely feels brilliant. It may not be really powerful, but when compared to my old Sportivo, this thing certainly has a bit of grunt to it. Only issues I found with it though is when you are accelerating sharply to highway speeds then ease off the throttle, it tends to have more of a 'sharp' bite to it compared to my Sportivo. Also, if listening carefully, it sounds like the exhaust has a bit of restriction in it as it approaches redline. I have a feeling this is coming from the front merge which I have plans for fixing.

Apart from that, I absolutely love this car. Not quite as much as I did with my Sportivo, but I'll give it time. Gotta start off slow. I will also have to adjust slightly to the feel of low profile 19 inch tires. I noticed that the steering is certainly a bit sharper than the 17's that I'm used to and bumps in the road are definitely more noticeable. I guess as I drive it more, I will notice this less and less.

I'm probably going to jinx myself in saying this, but one thing I am glad to enjoy at the moment is the lack of a dash rattle. My old Aurion used to have quite a lot of rattles and creaks from the dash. This one is dead quiet. Don;t know how long that will last though... especially once the sub goes in. I guess I will enjoy it while it lasts.

I guess since I will be away from home for a little bit, I should probably prepare myself for my return and order some bits ready to fit when I get back. So I guess the next things to happen to it are the essentials:

- HID's

- LED bulb replacements

- Navigation head unit

- Subwoofer install (already waiting at home from my last Aurion)

- Ultra Racing front strut brace and rear sway bar

- Hawk Performance Ceramic brake pads

- Eyelids (not sure if it would work, but I'll try it out)

While I had her out in the sun today, I decided to take a couple of photos. This is all I've taken for now. She is a little dirty at the moment so I will wait till I've got her back in QLD and after I've given her a good wash before taking some more photos.

DSC05801.JPG

DSC05803.JPG

• Like 1

I think I'll be rather jealous of you for quite a while Daryl haha. Now that you've posted up some better photos (making it easier to see the car). I will say that eyelids won't suit the TRD I don't think.

The lines of the car just look so good without them. I just cannot imagine having them on there.

I also realised that you'll have the oppertunity to go with the newer rear sway bar from ultra racing that they just bought out in comparison to the ones I have and you had. Would be interesting to see how much difference it does on there.

I am really gutted I cannot make the annual meet this year. I REALLY want to see this car. I might count my pennies and come up to QLD later in the year i think. ;)

Very sweet, sweet upgrade!!

and I know this is heaps belated, but just like what everyone has said before me, my thoughts are that atleast every person involved were safe and life moves on...

one other small mod i think would be nice, althou not major...

- paint the rear toyota emblem and TRD logo black... will make them a bit more prominent, cant see the emblem on the other side but if its the one that says "toyota" then rip that off quick smart. :P

will you be getting a car bra for the front this time? as i remember seeing some pics of the sportivo's front end... would hate to chip the face of that beauty.

- paint the rear toyota emblem and TRD logo black... will make them a bit more prominent, cant see the emblem on the other side but if its the one that says "toyota" then rip that off quick smart. :P

The one on the left is the 'TRD' emblem and the one on the right is the 'AURION' emblem. I am tempted to paint them black, but I have a feeling that they are a 'soft' emblem. Can't quite go down at the moment to double check this, but if they are that definitely won't be happening. Even if they are not, I'm not sure I'd be willing to remove them just for the purpose of painting them.

The Toyota logo is something I would consider though.

will you be getting a car bra for the front this time? as i remember seeing some pics of the sportivo's front end... would hate to chip the face of that beauty.

This is something I will definitely be considering. I do recall reading this though:

The old car bra hay? a few months ago we had a a Sportivo come to the dealership with some headlight problems (were pointing up quite a fairway) and i got talking to the owner and mentioned i had a ZR6 two and we was chatting about the mods we had made to our cars when he pointed out the clear film that covered his entire bonnet and bumper/spoiler. it was a glorified version of the normal clear bonnet protector strip but apparently they had done a massive amount of research into the energy impact from the stone chip, his special film made the stone ship energy disperse over a large area therefore would never puncture the film and damage the vehicle and seriously until the owner pointed it out you had no idea it was on the car, the only give away was on some of the curves on the bumper you could see where the film didn’t quite go to the edges but other than that you'd never of known.

If I can find someone who can do this, I think I may actually get it done. Probably not the entire bonnet as mentioned above, but definitely the bumper. Being a daily driver, stone chips can be hard to avoid.

I may see if I can find more information on this. Something like what is offered here:

http://www.invisiblecarbras.com.au/

Edit: These guys are located in QLD. Maybe I should see what they can do:

http://www.ducoscratch.com.au/

http://www.mautomotive.com.au/

• Like 1

I think I like the TRD with the darker rims like Dave's. Looks weird in that colour...

Oh and what does your Dad think of the upgrade now? lol

I think I like the TRD with the darker rims like Dave's. Looks weird in that colour...

Oh and what does your Dad think of the upgrade now? lol

Do the rims come in 2 colours?

I just assumed Dave's ones look like that because they are dirty all the time! :lol: (I do recall Dave mentioning the Hawk pads are quite dusty)

• Like 1